Everest Photos 11/1

LSUxStitch

Thrawn said:
Unfortunately, he was reprimanded for taking those pictures and posting them.

Ouch! I thought the board made sure to keep his known self a secret? I guess there is no way to hide from the Disney CIA ;)

Yen_Sid1

Creekboy25 said:
Wow... the village looks absolutely gorgeous! I was wondering though... does anyone know about the details and things in the queue(sp?)... it looks like it will be very interesting... if anyone could describe a walk through of it, that would make me :)

~Dawson

It is basically a tour through the Yeti Museum. You will be able to see actual artifacts from Nepal and surrounding countries. Then learn about the Yeti and the many pictures, carvings, statues of the same. It will be similar to Kali queue line.

Creekboy25

I was hoping that maybe it would as immersive as the Indy queue at Disneyland possibly with interactive suprises? I love queue theming, it really sets the tone for the whole ride. It takes good theming from the time I enter the queue to the time I get off the ride (and usually magically end up in a gift shop) to satisfy. EE looks like it will be doing a great job across the bar.

~Dawson

imagineersrock

Thrawn said:
Nice pics ... I wonder what design they are trying to put into the grass ...
I was wondering the same thing, I wasn't sure if it was random pathways for the crew to use or if it was infact some kind of design. If it's the later you know there's at least one hidden mickey in there somewhere lol.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
imagineersrock said:
I was wondering the same thing, I wasn't sure if it was random pathways for the crew to use or if it was infact some kind of design. If it's the later you know there's at least one hidden mickey in there somewhere lol.

It looks too "planned" to be anything but intentional. It might be something minor though, like thats where the sprinkler lines are going.

CTXRover

Thrawn said:
Nice pics ... I wonder what design they are trying to put into the grass ...

My guess is they are trying to make it look like a mini tea plantation or rice patch area. I don't know, its just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw those photos, especially with its location to the water.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
CTXRover said:
My guess is they are trying to make it look like a mini tea plantation or rice patch area. I don't know, its just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw those photos, especially with its location to the water.

Aren't those more or less "straight" lines though?

tn1999

CTXRover said:

that certainly goes along with what joe rhode said on his coasterradio.com interview. If not, my guess is that they just expect the plants to grow in.

Connor002

My guess is that they're using it for sprinklers and temporary pathways. I would guess that they're betting on it fillling in quickly. It makes sense, works for the construction and saves a few bucks.

TowerOfTerror

Original Poster
Occasionally you can talk to cast members that walk up to the barrier to talk to guest.

Nice photos as well imagineersrock !

Tom

Beta Return
Until this thread, I really havn't had a good idea of what the entrance would really be like. All I can say is that this appears to be the best, most thorough and immersive theming I've ever seen....anywhere. I'm quite excited to experience it in June!

Thanks for the awesome pics, btw!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom