Ever seen a celebrity?

jenn47

We were loading into Aerosmith on Thursday and my daughter's recognized "Deuce" from the Disney show, Shake it up, he was one car ahead of us. I asked him for a pic when we got off and he very graciously took a pic with my teenaged girls. He was very very sweet and nice to them. Turns out he was there for a day of fun before promoting the 24 hour party.

I got to see the other Scientologist with Suri when I was at MK last August. After staring at him for about five minutes while he was going around on the carrousel, he waved at me. I was so embarrassed! He was very friendly and gracious with us commoners!

jkl2000

Guess who was on our flight to Orlando today? None other than Thomas "She Blinded Me with Science" Dolby - in coach no less! I'm a big fan but kept my cool.

IowaHawks7

Im really hoping to see some celebrities this spring when I do the DCP. But one time when I was at Ohana must have been around 2007/2008? Amanda Bynes (pre-crazy) ate at the table next to ours. Of course myself my dad and mom recognized her as did my younger brother, but my brother stared at her the entire meal (he was around 10/11) and at the end she blew him a kiss and he blushed like no other. So funny and a great and funny gesture by her.

steamboatjosh

It wasn't in WDW it was in Disneyland but we met Kevin McHale (Artie from Glee). My fiancee is a huge fan of Glee and it was on our anniversary right at the end of the night. We were on the Tea Cups and he was in the cup next ours. Talked to him and my fiancee got to give him a hug. Just made our anniversary that much better.

DancingPhoenix

I've never seen a celebrity while there but I do love that they generally get the same treatment other guests do. Or at least they're willing to be normal people for their stay haha. I do know that John Travolta has a home about 1-2 hours away from Orlando, so I'm not surprised he's been spotted. A friend of mine's mother does a pony ride business and they were hired for a party once. She said he was a very nice man.

AswaySuller

I have seen some famous female tennis player.... Who I can't remember (great story I know)

And Britney Spears.... Pre meltdown when she was still young and (innocent?) anyways,... She was really nice and came over to say hi. She was shooting something outside of rock n roller coaster.

stevehousse

When I was 5 or 6 years old ( 1990-91) we were at the world and in MGM for the day. That afternoon as we had just got done doing a character meet n greet(I don't remember who), my family was approached by 3 guys in business suits and a nice blonde lady. They told my parents that they had been watching kids meet the characters all day, and that me, their son, was who they wanted to be in their new Disney world commercial!!! I guess they been scouting guests all morning and wanted a "real child", not an actor, for the commercial. It turns out that it was Mr Michael Eisner who we were talking too!

Now back when I was that age, he was on ABC every Sunday night for the wonderful world of Disney shows and movies that they used to play. So I instantly recognized who this was and that this guy was famous and on tv. I never knew he "owned" the place so to speak.

So after this brief meeting, they proceeded to take us on a personal tour of real backlot studios that used to be there! I used to love watching the Disney channel as a child so getting to see this was extremely overwhelming for me! That and I wanted to actually be on the Disney channel!

I got to see sound stages off limits to the tour, and even got to go into the Mickey Mouse Club sound stage and watch the actors rehearsing!?! I got to meet Justin Britney and one of the other cast members that I do not remember what his name was, but he is not famous anymore like the others I mentioned.

After that tour, we were brought into an office building where we all sat down and talked about the commercial and such. Like I stated previously, I overwhelmed by this experience and at that office meeting I became so shy for some reason...they asked me if I wanted to do it, and told then I did but was scared to do it so it was a no! M parents said it was my decision and asked again if I really wanted to do this or not, they wouldn't force me or anything. I said no again!

After that my parents thanked them for our tour of the studio and we were brought back up to the park in a golf cart by the blonde lady.

Now i do not have regrets in my life, except this entire incident! I was always so mad at myself for saying no and being "scared" to do it. I still always wonder what would have happened with the commercial, and always kick myself for missing out on such a truly magical experience...:banghead:

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that this shoot for the commercial would have extended our vacation my 4 more days for free in addition to compensation for the shoot. My parents never told me this until I was a teenager...so angry at myself for letting that one go...

75disney

Years ago, when Joan Lunden and Regis Philbin used to do the Christmas parade, we were behind Joan Lunden and her kids in line at a gift shop in the Contemporary. We didn't say anything because we didn't want to bother her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom