Ever had a Chat / Interaction with a Character?

Thiger

my brother and i were walking to the HM during MNSSHP and they had a female CM done up in glowing make up in a 19th century outfit (not sure what her character name is).

My brother was dressed up in a Star Trek uniform (note he was wearing a red shirt) and she made a comment on how its unwise to go into the HM being a redshirt.

We laughed and then she noticed I was wearing an old tymey jail outfit and she said 'I hope you got out for bad behaviour' and i replied 'They caught me trying to steal your heart'. lol

just those little things always make a difference and the reasons why i love disney!

E102_Gamma

Original Poster
17th June 2007 - Tomorrowland - Stitch

It was my birthday and I was standing in the queue as normal for autographs and photos with stitch. He noticed it was my birthday and he pointed it out and he gave me a hug and a kiss. The CM said "If you ask her nicely she might take you to her birthday dinner" so stitch started pointing at me and then at him and then pointed at his stomach, so I said yeah of course you can and then he started hugging me and kissing me even more. Then he linked arms with me and he gave me his autograph and we got lots of photos taken. He linked arms with me and then motioned food and that he wants some dinner, so he walked off with me waving at all the other kids. Then the cm told him off and he walked back sulking, he waved at me and give me a kiss and we walked off.

Best birthday ever haha

You gotta love birthday parties. They always have unexpected results! :ROFLOL:
......:drevil:

Rora

Last year my friend and I were in Epcot. And we went to have our picture taken with Pluto. He was especially playful and fun with us. Then about an hour later we were at a character meal. And Pluto stopped at our table. He began to pantomime something to us. And for the life of us we couldn't figure out what he was trying to say. He started shaking his head playfully in frustration. Then finally a few minutes later my friend finally figured it out. She yelled out "you saw us earlier!". He lit up and hugged her, as he was in fact the same Pluto we took the picture with. It was one of those classic moments that I'll never forget. I thought for a split second that it was kind of odd for a character to do that. But it was so much fun. And made our day!

tonya

One year when my daughter was 2, we were at Pooh's Playful spot letting her run off some steam. Out of nowhere, Tigger showed up. All of the kids just stared at him and didn't know quite what to do. Except for our dd. She stalked him all around the play area. He was skipping around, trying to get all the kids to follow him through the tunnels, etc., but no one except our little monkey would follow him. She was hilarious---we got it all on tape. I'll never forget that simple little moment.

EPCOT Explorer

One of the funniest interactions I have ever witnessed is a little girl who came up to Snow White and proceeded to share with her the intimate details of the correlation between what she consumed and the consistancy of her bowel movements. And it all started with Snow White asking "How was your day? Have you had any adventures?"

If you only could have seen Snow White's face. It was a long tale so Snow White had to act very interested for a bit of a time while at the same time she was hysterical inside not to mention at a loss for words when the tale was over and it was time to transition to "would it be alright if we took a portrait?"

I don't think even the Step Sisters would have a response for that one.
WOW!That's classic!

I once had a really long dance with one of the puppets in ToN.We have so many pictures!

kcw

Of course the opposite is a bit more unnerving...when they are having a bit of time off. What appears to be a total stranger (one of our friends incognito) comes up to you while you are working and says "hey gorjus, how are you? Thanks for the other day. We had so much fun." I'm thinking who on earth are you?.

haha I love doing that to PP- though I usually go introduce myself if I see them during a break (especially if they look like the photographer I had one day in the Visa room from Brazil) :lookaroun:D

I was at 1900 Park fare for the first time last September and here are some of the highlights:

-All the characters liking the pictures I drew of them. During my entire trip I showed all the characters I wanted to greet with pictures of them and they all thought it was neat

you have no idea how much characters like that- especially if small kids draw the pictures and let them keep it!!!

I went to the park very often on my days off and my roommates and I spent lots of time visiting characters- and even with my "closeness" to the characters, they still made my day when they would go above and beyond to make a guest interaction special.... it truly sets those characters apart from others

Teenchy

To get the impact of the full story it might help to read my WDW Wedding story (Link is in my signature)

But this December we went back to WDW for our 1 year anniversary. (My mother and sister were also with us) We went to Epcot and were strolling around WS to listen to the different Santas and having a few drinks along the way.

When we got to France we grabbed 4 Kir Royals (champagne drink) and waited for Pere Noel to appear. When he came out I was sitting on the ground (like all the kids) as my wife, sister and mother stood behind me. As he began his story I realized through all that makeup, beard and costume it was Steve (aka Winthrop our Butler) who had performed at our memorable wedding just one year ago. When I whispered to my wife and family that it was Winthrop they were not sure. I told them I'm positive. We need to get in line after his story to take a picture and ask.

My wife and I got in line and when we stood on either side of Pere Noel, I said "Steve?, Its Phillip and Andrea 1 year ago yesterday you did our surprise wedding" and my wife chimed in "Do you remember us?"

He stood there dumfounded for a second and then grabbed our hands and said "Well when you put it that way of course I remember the Surprise Wedding!" He was shocked that we recognized him and was genuinely happy to see us. (By the way he never broke character, French accent and all) We spoke for another minute, took pictures but then had to move on because others were in line to see him.

It was such a wonderful surprise to add to our first anniversary, especially considering our "surprise wedding"!

Gorjus

haha I love doing that to PP- though I usually go introduce myself if I see them during a break (especially if they look like the photographer I had one day in the Visa room from Brazil) :lookaroun:D

Wait, we have cute photopass guys?! Where? Kidding. You go girl. Our photopass guys LOVE to flirt with entertainment.

See, kcw, my problem is that you could introduce yourself and then the next day, I'm not going to remember you. I'm working on it though. For example, an entertaiment CM playing in the park as a guest came up to me during the Pirate and Princess party and said "hey, your my photographer from xyz location". We chatted. I clarified exactly who we were talking about by a signature move that this person does. Now, back in character, I'll have no problem recognizing them, but when I see them backstage, well, I'm hoping to remember.

I imagine it is the same with entertainment. It is different than it used to be since Photopass is on CDS now. Entertainers go through ALOT of photographers in a day. If it weren't for name tags, I'm sure you all wouldn't know who we are.

And you are correct. It doesn't matter how jaded you are or how long you have been a CM, when you see a character, it makes you smile. Some characters, at the end of the day, walk through the tunnels as if they were still on stage...no black bags for them. And it just makes everyone smile and say "hi Boss; hi Chicken Little, how was baseball practice; Hi Cinderella.

Love my job.

Tinkrbell

During MNSSHP in 2006, I was at the start of the candy trail between Mickey's Toontown Fair & Tomorrowland. The Mad Hatter was standing there, so I decided to get a picture & autograph. While he was signing my autograph book, Alice walked up and she & the Mad Hatter started making a big fuss because Alice pointed out my birthday pin & the Mad Hatter hadnt said Happy Birthday to me. It was pretty funny because as they were standing there making a big deal over my birthday pin, quite a few people had gathered & I just stood between Alice & the Mad Hatter cracking up cuz I thought it was hilarious.

Tinkerbella16

Actually my last trip in November 2007. I was getting a picture with Captian Hook and Mr. Smee. Captain Hook saw that I had a ring on my finger, so he reached over and took the ring off of my finger and acted as if he was proposing and asked me to marry him. He kissed my hand. Now i was wearing one of those drawstring backpacks, so Mr. Smee was behind me the whole time acting as if he was sneaking into my bag lol. It was really cute, and the photopass pics of it all came out really cute, but I didnt get to buy them.

Little things like that, that the characters do really make my day a lot better. They were very friendly and interactive. It really was great!

Figment1989

The best experience ever had to have been with Rafiki.

We were over by the tombstones early one morning in Epcot, and I went up to him. He pulled me over so that I was giving him a hug, kissed me, and motioned for everyone to leave us alone...it was really cute, and it made my entire day!

kcw

It is different than it used to be since Photopass is on CDS now. Entertainers go through ALOT of photographers in a day.

And you are correct. It doesn't matter how jaded you are or how long you have been a CM, when you see a character, it makes you smile. Some characters, at the end of the day, walk through the tunnels as if they were still on stage...no black bags for them.

Hmmm ya that was the best part, because if you got a really good photographer, you had the whole day to work with them, which makes the day go by much better! I have to say there is one photographer that I absolutely LOVED, and we had a blast at the character spot one day- and it was my favorite day of work ever

I never black bagged going to TT for lunch coverage- mainly because it was just easier that way, but also because I loved playing with the CMs on the bus- for the most part, they're not too jaded to enjoy it too

E102_Gamma

Original Poster
Hmmm ya that was the best part, because if you got a really good photographer, you had the whole day to work with them, which makes the day go by much better! I have to say there is one photographer that I absolutely LOVED, and we had a blast at the character spot one day- and it was my favorite day of work ever

I never black bagged going to TT for lunch coverage- mainly because it was just easier that way, but also because I loved playing with the CMs on the bus- for the most part, they're not too jaded to enjoy it too

Try spending a day with my mom who has a camera in her hand. :lookaroun
She takes pictures like crazy! :eek:

Chase24

Breakfast to Ourselves

We were having breakfast at the Grand Floridian and we were the last ones to leave. The Mad Hatter, Alice, Tigger, Pooh, and Mary Poppins just gave us all the attention in the world. Our son had a dance off with Pooh and Tigger, sat a spell with Mary Poppins and they talked for a good while (she even wanted to try to get him in for the afternoon tea party later when we were leaving, but we had other plans.) Then Alice and the Mad Hatter and a funny face competition. We were given so much attention, it was almost to the point we couldn't eat. That was ok though, our son had a blast.

Best Breakfast ever. I would say we were there about 10:30 for our seating.

Sam_and_Mad_Hatter_1.jpg

Disneybird

We have had several interactions with Goofy. Alot of times over sports (making gestures over sports hats, etc.). One time at a breakfast, he counted how many of us were at the table, then took our check and set it on someone else's table and walked off. :lol:

My niece took her son to Epcot when he was about 2 years old. He had a terminal illness and it was very obvious. "Mickey Mouse" sat on a park bench and held my great-nephew for a long time. I imagine that behind the mask, was a mother with more than one tear in her eye. :(

E102_Gamma

Original Poster
Ima going to go ahead and bring this Topic back from the dead : ) I just love the stories I read on this topic! More stories! :king:

Animaniac93-98

My most recent trip included Minnie sitting with me for breakfast at Cape May Cafe (she was my date since I was alone) and comparing senses of fashion with Prince Naveen.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Oh! I have a favorite! Last year on our trip we had breakfast at O'hana's one morning, our DD (who was 3 at the time) told Pluto that he was her favorite and that she loved him very much! well as soon as they started handing out the little maraca's for the parade my DD ran up to get one, and all of a sudden she got a tap on the shoulder from Pluto, he wanted her to hold his hand for the parade! She was so excited that Pluto came and found her and took her hand to do the parade!!! She was sooo excited about it and DH and I couldnt thank pluto enough for making her breakfast unforgettable! She still talks about her parade with Pluto :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom