Evening Extra Magic Hours

DisneySaint

The beginnings of EMH are really busy but towards the 2nd hour into the 3rd it really falls off quickly as the over-zealous parents who think they can drag their 5 year olds around at midnight are leaving the parks.

lilmizpixie3

The magic kingdom extra magic hours are very nice, but yes there are still a lot of people in the park. I thought it would slow down a great deal..but I guess there are just that many resorts that hold thousands of people

ItstheM

I would have to agree about avoiding the extra magic hours. The parks tended to be just as crowded as they were during the day so wait times for popular rides were 45 minutes. It was also pretty annoying because there were no fast passes available for anything. So by staying in the park an extra three hours, you can get onto maybe two or three popular rides if you're lucky.

Also Magic Kingdom was open until 2am with the EMH. After being in a park since 9am who has the strength for that?!

Two years ago, we went to WDW from July 30-August 6. We only went to the evening EMH at MK, however. We were there until right before it closed at 2AM. There seemed to be NO ONE in the park from about 10:30 onward. By the end of the night, we were able to stay on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and BTMRR each 5+ times in a row without leaving our seats. The park was almost deserted.

I would say that if you're willing to stay up that late, it is definitely worth it--at MK, at least. I have always been a night owl.

But when the park closes earlier, it is inundated with people. If you are going to EMH, I would suggest arriving there after one hour has gone by. This should eliminate many people from the long lines.

stitchtastic

We attended EMH at MK in August 2005, the park was packed and people without wristbands were being admitted to rides. When we left it was a nightmare and the transportation was overwhelmed - just like closing time on a non - EMH night. My thoughts are that by staying on Disney property one of the perks is EMH and that is for resort guests only. Early morning hours are great as the "system" is not overwhelmed by non-resort guests. I do not mean to sound mean to non-resort guests, and I have stayed on site and off-site so have experience of both, we pay for the "privilage" of being on-site and I think Disney should respect that. They manage to clear the parks for events like P&P from which they are making $$ - so I guess it all comes down to money and by letting everyone stay they rake in the$$$.
Sorry if I have offended anyone who feels they are discriminated against because they stay offsite - but that's Disneys policy not mine.
:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom