ESPN the Weekend at Disney

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Original Poster
On Feb. 25-27 there is ESPN the Weekend, telecast from WDW. I have been enjoying the offbeat commercials with the ESPN crew interacting with Disney characters.

One has a sportscaster cornering the Hunchback, confirming that he was from Notre Dame and then launching into their football season. There is another one interacting with various characters, like asking Captain Hook whether he is a right or left handed pitcher.

Seen it? In the now expected ESPN commercial goofyness, I think thery are very clever and funny. What do you think?

moonmom

i do too!

yea, i'm pretty amused by the commercials too...cute! I'm looking forward to some updated info on the upcoming event as i will be able to be there. I'm pretty obsessed with sports, especially baseball, and listen to espn radio most of the day ... if the tv's on...its usually sportscenter..i know strange but true!

Epcot is my fav

Eh...the Peter Gammons Commercial... is horrible.....he should be wiped off the air...he was rude to the fans at the last ESPN the Weekend....not posing for pictures or signing autographs (why you whould want his... but people were trying) He grabbed secruity guards to walk away..HE'S NOT EVEN FAMOUS FOR MUCH!!!!...some of the athletes didnt even have security and they were interacting with fans....Peter Gammons acted like a jerk! :fork:

NewEnglandah

...are you sure your not just mad because he is a huge red sox fan?

I met Gammons a while back at Fenway and he seemed like a nice dude.

What happens at ESPN the weekend? Any cool events?

Slipknot

NewEnglandah said:
...are you sure your not just mad because he is a huge red sox fan?

I met Gammons a while back at Fenway and he seemed like a nice dude.

What happens at ESPN the weekend? Any cool events?

There is some info on the main page.

moonmom

thanks for pointing the info out: sounds like a lot of fun. I guess it must get very crowded?

yup gammons definitely is a sawx fan .. but i like him too... and i am a yanks fan!

Epcot....this year's gonna be fun isn't it??

Epcot is my fav

Oh are u kidding I had a blast last year....probably one of the best times I have ever had at WDW...but Gammons was the only jerk towards the fans...it was sorta sad....I dont like him personally because he likes the Sox....and hmmm well i dont HAHAHA....YANKS in 05!!! No but I am hoping more football players wil be there, cause last time there were more bball players.......I cannot wait!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom