Epic Mickey?

GMRO

Original Poster
OK, so it's the day before the day before...was gonna buy Epic Mickey for the Wii earlier this week as my wife and finished up our shopping. BUT the wife said...why don't you wait till SANTA comes?

So maybe I gots it for Christmas??? Anyone else have this game and playing it already???

Hope to share some info on it...IF it's in my stocking... ;)

Happy Holidays to ALL WDW FANS! Safe travels and good times, wahooo!!!

Wilt Dasney

Sounds like Santa and your wife might be colluding on this one!

I have the game, and it's a ton of fun...especially for Disney fans. Hope Santa comes through for you (and maybe even springs for the collector's edition). ;)

mrclean

I have the game, it's fun... however certain times the camera angles are pretty bad. You need to use the arrows on the wii remote to look around, or use mickey vision, but still has issues depending where you are in certain levels. I beat capt. hook already in 2 days.. not sure how much of the game is left. The boss battles are a ton of fun. A fair amount of reading is involved so just be aware of that if your thinking of purchasing it for a much younger crowd. It's an RPG, mainly Platformer with a dash of puzzle type game all rolled into one. The game has a fair amount of side missions / quests to complete and I heard that if you do beat the game you get to retain all of your items when you start over. Overall It's enjoyable especially if your a Disney fan who likes platformers with one of the most recognizable characters. It's a much darker look on Disney but that's what makes the game interesting.

WelshBatman

You do keep all your items when you beat the game (pins, extra guages for sketches and lives, film reels, ticket purses etc.) and when you go back into the game a second time you start over from the beginning but you can look for what you missed and don't have to worry about getting stuff you already picked up. You play the quests through again as well as having to reassemble certain characters though. Still fun stuff. And be aware there's more than 1 way to beat certain quests or bosses.

lisak09

I bought this as a stocking filler for my 15 yr old daughter as she was very fond of Kingdom Hearts for the PS2. She hasn't been able to play that for ages as our PS2 is broken so im hoping she's happy when she gets this:).

Wilt Dasney

You do keep your old items. After 4 playthroughs, I currently have 106 out of 105 pins. Figure that one out. :lookaroun

(The game glitched and sold me the same pin twice on two different run-throughs. And it added a number to my total inventory both times.) :lol:

WelshBatman

Anyone else confused why there aren't any pins or other Epic Mickey merchandise available at Disney World? I mean the logo pin would be a no brainer, but alas nothing.

WDWFREAK53

Horrible camera...Non-responsive controls (at times)...
It's a personal "pet peeve" but I can't stand dumb sound effects to mimic "talking" while you read dialogue. Spend the extra money and do it right. I understand that these games are sold to many countries but put up the dough and do it right.

Aside from that, the game is really good!

adv.bluedude

i don't get why so many people are complaining about the camera. I think I'm like 3/4 of the way through and I've only really run into one or two problems with the camera and they were usually close to each other and went away quickly

wdwmomof3

My daughter was playing this earlier and had to walk away because she was about to start cussing the clock tower!:ROFLOL:She can't seem to find a way to beat it. :lol:

It looks like a fun game though. Maybe once school starts back I can try it myself. :D

Testtrack321

i don't get why so many people are complaining about the camera. I think I'm like 3/4 of the way through and I've only really run into one or two problems with the camera and they were usually close to each other and went away quickly

When you're used to games that gives you significantly better camera options and control it's a problem.

Try out Super Mario Galaxy (1 or 2) to understand what I'm talking about.

So far I'm up to Tomorrow City and feel mixed about the game. I love the history, atmosphere, and characters, but the camera is atrocious, the aiming of paint always seems to hit something else in the way of where I'm aiming, and the puzzles are simple fetching quests.

I haven't beaten it yet, but so far I'd give it a C+. I am really loving Assassins Creed Brotherhood though...

adv.bluedude

When you're used to games that gives you significantly better camera options and control it's a problem.

I've played both of those games and though I understand what you're getting at, Im really not having problems with the camera. The only time I really had trouble with it was towards the end of the game but nothing game breaking

DocMcHulk

So far I'm up to Tomorrow City and feel mixed about the game. I love the history, atmosphere, and characters, but the camera is atrocious, the aiming of paint always seems to hit something else in the way of where I'm aiming, and the puzzles are simple fetching quests.

I haven't beaten it yet, but so far I'd give it a C+.

I agree with everything you just said.

On a few occasions i've almost walked off a cliff or a bridge because the camera didnt show me there was nothing in front of me.

zinadinpeterson

Kingdom Hearts 2 was a good set of Mickey Mouse, and of course, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep one, but the scenes. There are some titles that I was curious about buying a new wii.

FigmentJedi

Horrible camera...Non-responsive controls (at times)...
It's a personal "pet peeve" but I can't stand dumb sound effects to mimic "talking" while you read dialogue. Spend the extra money and do it right. I understand that these games are sold to many countries but put up the dough and do it right.

Aside from that, the game is really good!

Stylistic choice of Spector's. The idea is that in a world ruled by a silent cartoon character, there is no full voice-acting.

PurpleRose

I am in the attic and I am stuck. I wasted all the sketches I had earlier except for three stop watches. The gremlins took care of two generators for me and I did defeat the beetlework on the center block but it wasn't connected to the third generator apparently. Use the anvil the beetlework dropped to open the generator but Gus was talking so I couldn't thin out the generator... so now I am back to three beetleworks that I have trouble defeating one because while I am thinning one out, two others are hitting me.

A part of me feels like I should just restart my game but I have gotten so far that I think if I had to restart...:brick::brick:

adv.bluedude

I am in the attic and I am stuck. I wasted all the sketches I had earlier except for three stop watches. The gremlins took care of two generators for me and I did defeat the beetlework on the center block but it wasn't connected to the third generator apparently. Use the anvil the beetlework dropped to open the generator but Gus was talking so I couldn't thin out the generator... so now I am back to three beetleworks that I have trouble defeating one because while I am thinning one out, two others are hitting me.

A part of me feels like I should just restart my game but I have gotten so far that I think if I had to restart...:brick::brick:

Just hit the inside of the last generator with thinner

It'll add to the bad ending but thats the only thing you can do

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom