Epcot's Frozen meet and greet to offer extended hours

smittycuse

With it now open at 9am, what does that mean for the rest of the countries? Will they be open early or just Norway? Will Maelstrom be open at 9am too?

Since1976

Last month, off-property, we bumped into a cast member who works with the characters (she may have even been one of the characters, for all we knew), and she advised us to line up at 9am for the 11am World Showcase opening, because that 2 hour wait was the shortest we would ever get during the day. Thankfully, my kids (who loved the movie and the characters) thought that amount of time was ridiculous, so we didn't bother. Would have been cool to say hi to the CM who spoke with us, though.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
With it now open at 9am, what does that mean for the rest of the countries? Will they be open early or just Norway? Will Maelstrom be open at 9am too?
I wouldn't expect any of the other countries to follow suit, save perhaps on the busiest of days. DItto for Maelstrom. Norway has always been unique in the WS in that they have the Princess Breakfast, and have always "opened" earlier to accommodate.

midwest_mice

One thing I wonder is if you will be able to access that part of World Showcase from the International Gateway? If you are coming via Friendship boat or walkways from the BW, Yacht Club, will they allow you to enter right there to the right? I can't recall if you can access that area for the breakfast or if they make you enter near Mexico.

tl77

One thing I wonder is if you will be able to access that part of World Showcase from the International Gateway? If you are coming via Friendship boat or walkways from the BW, Yacht Club, will they allow you to enter right there to the right? I can't recall if you can access that area for the breakfast or if they make you enter near Mexico.

If you come in the International Gateway at opening, I think they have the have the bridge to France roped off until WS officially opens, but it's a much shorter walk to go passed Canada and Mexico to get to Norway from the International Gateway

dreamfinder

If you come in the International Gateway at opening, I think they have the have the bridge to France roped off until WS officially opens, but it's a much shorter walk to go passed Canada and Mexico to get to Norway from the International Gateway

I know that for a while, France was offering breakfast in the new patisserie. Whether or not they are still doing this I have no idea.

-em

the norway area (baring the ride & bakery) always has been open early since Akershus starts serving earlier than 11 least every time we wander over the stores have been open...

-em

tl77

I know that for a while, France was offering breakfast in the new patisserie. Whether or not they are still doing this I have no idea.

It was a few years ago that I entered through the International Gateway at opening, so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed up the hours on the restaurants since I was there, but it's about 2000' walk from IG to Norway taking the Canadian/Mexican passage and 3200' walk if you go the French/American/China route

rudyjr13

Any first hand reports about the wait times in the past couple of days? Trying to decide if we should try to go over tomorrow afternoon with 3 and 4 year olds.

Is the queue outside where I could wait and wife could take kids somewhere else?

plutofan15

Got lucky last Monday (2/3) and found a wait of "only" 90 minutes around 1:00. Actually ended up being slightly less than that. Beats the 3 hour wait the previous Friday (1/31).

bethymouse

I love Frozen, but I just couldn't/wouldn't wait 3 hours for a meet n greet.:depressed: When Merida was new, we did wait an hour, and it was sorta worth it.:jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom