Epcot Private Dessert Party Locations

adamcav

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

This coming fall my wife and I will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and we're planning a trip to WDW, inviting some friends and family. We're looking for something special & exclusive to do in celebration. At first we thought about a private sit-down dinner somewhere in one of the parks, but we're now considering a private dessert party.

We spoke with an event planner at our resort and she offered us two locations in Epcot for our small group (about 10) and our dates. The first, and the one she recommended, was the UK Upper Terrace. The second was the "walkway" to the larger private area along the bridge between France and UK (not the large private area itself).

Does anyone have any experience or pics with these two locations? Or does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions for how we can celebrate our 10-yr?

sissa216

Congratulations! (We're actually celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this fall as well!)

I just took part in a private Illuminations party at the UK Upper Terrace a few weeks ago, actually. This is not a fantastic picture, but gives an idea of the view. It was great to have a private area away from the crowd, and the view was decent (not my favorite view ever- but I've seen it so many more times than I can count, and have my favorites!).
There was a larger group below us that had a better, more direct view, but the area was much larger. Ours was perfect for a small intimate group (we had about 30 at a handful of tables). People will need to stand to see Illuminations once it starts- this photo was taken with my camera resting on a short half wall.

I would also suggest looking into Illuminations or Wishes cruises!

DSC_0686.JPG

adamcav

Original Poster
Interesting. Thanks!
So many more questions now ...
Did it feel like an "obstructed view"? I suppose its nothing compared to the elbow to elbow mass of humanity that would be at any other viewing area due to F&W.
Would you say I would need to pick up our little ones (5yr & 7yr) to see or could they snuggle up to a pass-through?
How was the food?

sissa216

It was slightly obstructed but not bad; there are bushes in front of you, and the Fish and Chips shop directly to our left- but that is a wide angle lens and a pretty good idea of the view you'll have! I'm also assuming that "upper terrace" is the same spot we were in; we were in an upper location next to the fish shop, just before the bridge to France. The private cruise boats came up to our right, as we were watching the show.

Yes, when you throw in F&W, I think it is an especially good choice! It was SO nice to have our own little guaranteed place.

If I remember, the wall was probably somewhere between 3-4 feet, probably closer to 4. I think it was solid wall (but could be remembering wrong!).

We had desserts, and they were very good! The drinks were lemonade, punch, water, and coffee, I think. The desserts were a variety of cookies (delicious lemon cookies!!), brownie bites, fruit, root beer floats and a sundae bar.

adamcav

Original Poster
I think we are talking about the same space. In this image google earth it'd be on the lower left, where the 7 tables and pinwheel umbrellas are.
UK.jpg

Ohh, Root beer floats. I hadn't thought of that. Thinking of champagne too.
I'm considering having the bakery replicate our wedding cake on a smaller scale. Could be cool.

adamcav

Original Poster
@sissa216 , the pictures that Disney have on their event website show the small half-wall without any shrubs/tress in-front of them.

UK-terrace-4-cropped-1000x563.jpg

Do you think Disney's pic an older pic? From your photo from just a few weeks ago it looks like maybe there has been some plant growth. I guess the bottom line is, I'm worried that we arrange for a private space and then my kids can't see the show even if I pick them up or lean them on the wall.

@DVCOwner , When you rented the area between France and UK did you get the large space or the walkway that I referenced?

sissa216

Yes, @adamcav , that is definitely where we were. I wish I had taken more pictures, but didn't even bring out the camera until the show started. I would say there has been some growth, but not as much as my pictures show; you have to take into account that I was resting my camera on the half wall.

Looking at the picture, there are two rows of tables: one closest to us, one closest to the wall. I was standing in front of the left-most table of the further row, against the wall. Maybe that bush there is what is in my pictures. In fact, the more I think about it, it very likely is. It was dark and I was caught up in the moment, so my memory has been blurred!

I also forgot until I saw the picture- there were the steps (to the far left of the picture). I don't know if our group was able to go down those stairs or not, but the kids could stand there with nothing blocking their view. The wall also gets shorter as it gets towards the stairs.

The food was set up at the far left of the picture (closer to the camera, away from the steps- next to this closest table). The drinks were set up to the right of the rightmost table, just out of the picture.

What site did you get the picture from, I would love to see it!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
DVCOwner was asked: When you rented the area between France and UK did you get the large space or the walkway that I referenced?

A: We where on the top half of the island between France and UK. Great views from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom