Epcot or MK at night? Which would you choose?

ilovepluto23

My next trip is not until January 2007, but I can't stop thinking about it...too excited!

Anyways, my friend and I are going to do one full day at the Magic Kingdom. The next day we are going to MGM in the am, and either MK or Epcot that evening. We don't know which one to pick! We both love MK and Epcot equally!

We are trying to also base it off of restaurants: Akershus in Norway at Epcot and Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner at MK are our two biggest choices.

We are also considering just having counter service for dinner.

Based on all of this...which would you pick?

maggiegrace1

I would pick Epcot..I love it at nighttime...
I never ate at Norway though so no help there.....
But since you are already doing Magic Kingdom I would def choose Epcot..
I would never go to Disney without going to Epcot.Thats me though!
You can also see Illuminations...

Upvote 0

col

do MK at night. MK is one of my fave parks at night along with AK. at MK there is more to do and more to see. my vote goes for MK coz its one of my faves.:)

Upvote 0

jedimaster1227

Both are great at night!

MK has the castle (which looks amazing at night) and Tommorowland which really shines at night (literally)!

Epcot has SSE, the World Showcase and all of Futureworld. M:S looks great at night and so does Test Track. Imagination's outside area is also nice at nice.

If you are looking for the best park for a dinner view at night, I would go with Magic Kindgom. I would eat at Tony's for dinner (Amazing food, good pricing for Disney).

If you are looking for the best place for dinner, go to Epcot and eat at Le Cellier or Alfredo's. Those are my two favorite restaurants in the park. If you want good Mexican food, go to the Mexican restaurant inside of the Mexico Pavilion, but don't expect quick service, because they don't have any. :lol:

Magic Kingdom's best restaurant (in my opinion) is Tony's so if you go to one park on one day and another on the other-Go to Tony's for lunch or dinner at MK and go to Le Cellier or Alfredo's for lunch or dinner at Epcot.

All of the sit down restaurants at Epcot are so busy that if you want to get in, you need to make a reservation as soon as possible.

Enjoy your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0
:) If you're already doing MK the night before, I would choose Epcot. Make a priority seating at one of your favorite restaurants (ours is Alfredo's in Italy), get there before Future World closes to hop on a few rides, tour the countries, eat at around 7, and head out to find a seat for Illuminations. I'm not the biggest Epcot fan, but it's just so awesome at night :~)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

While MK will always be my favorite, I would head over to EPCOT since you are already spending an entire day in the MK. We were not impressed with the food at Akershus, but my little one had ca good time since it is a Princess meal. I had always wanted to try their buffet, but it no longer exists. Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco is our favorite.

Love the LTT for both lunch and dinner, but dinner is a favorite.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

I think that the best time to visit EPCOT is at night. The world showcase is delightful as the sun begins to set. Nothing beats taking a leisurely stroll around the world with a nice breeze off the lagoon. Since EPCOT's a bigger park, it allows for more "elbow-room" as you're trying to unwind.

Upvote 0

Darwin

I'm with most everybody and vote two thumbs up for an EPCOT night. I love Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. Gives me chills to watch it. (Maybe it's just the breeze.) :lol:

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

Epcot! I LOVE the World Showcase at night, and the really awesome fiberoptics in the pavement in Futureworld. Then again, I like Epcot most of the time anyway!

Upvote 0

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
maggiegrace1 said:
I would pick Epcot..I love it at nighttime...
I never ate at Norway though so no help there.....
But since you are already doing Magic Kingdom I would def choose Epcot..
I would never go to Disney without going to Epcot.Thats me though!
You can also see Illuminations...

I forgot to mention that we'll be going to Epcot for a full day as well!

Upvote 0

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
shoppingnut said:
I'd do Epcot, but I wouldn't eat in Norway, don't really care for their menu, too fishie. I love Le Cellier or Chef de France better. Here's a link to the menu's http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

Well, my best friend (who I'll be with) LOVES Akershus...so I was trying to include her decisions and likes into the trip which I am basically planning for us. I don't want to just make reservations for places of my taste (b/c I LOVE Biergarten but she hates it). I've never tried any of the ones you've mentioned, or Akershus, so I'll check out the menus! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom