Epcot Info

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
it should've been demolished by now.. but no. nothings going in its place.

dxwwf3

I certainly hope the Brother Bear raft ride will be big enough to cover up the Soarin Building and take over the Millenium Village space. Of course it's just a rumor now but I do hope it gets a greenlight. World Showcase needs a hit like Ricky Martin needs a hit (Yes that is a Chris Rock line, not mine :lol: ).

General Grizz

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Of course it's just a rumor now but I do hope it gets a greenlight.

I am 100% sure that this is being discussed at Walt Disney Imagineering, so it's not exactly a rumor in that sense. But I agree, let's see a greenlight!

dxwwf3

Originally posted by General Grizz
I am 100% sure that this is being discussed at Walt Disney Imagineering, so it's not exactly a rumor in that sense. But I agree, let's see a greenlight!

Good deal! I usually consider something a rumor until we hear an official announcement, but you are making this sound very promissing. I'm glad Brother Bear might be getting an attraction. I thought it was Disney's best since the Lion King (But I also loved The Emperor's New Groove and Treasure Planet almost as much).

I thought World showcase was supposed to showcase...well... the world and not disney movie bombs. If there is that little to offer in canada that a decent attraaction can't be designed, bulldoze the area and put in something better.

ChefMickeyGrits

I peeked in through the gates and I saw that it said "Showcase Theatre" or something like that on the building - instead of "Millenium Village" like it used to. So I thought they were changing it to some kind of place for a show. Anyone know anything about that?

imagineer99

Nothing would disappoint me more than seeing a raft ride in World Showcase.

First, raft rides are the most Generic theme park attraction anywhere. They are a dime a dozen. I thought that Disney could reinvent the raft ride (like they reinvented the log flume with Splash Mountain). However, Kali evidences that they plan on doing NOTHING different. Shame on the imagineers!

Raft Rides are boring, wet, and lack innovation.

In an area of EPCOT that is supposed to reflect the culture of various cultures, I think that getting doused with buckets of water is just stupid.

If they must create a water ride, how about a detailed log flume or a water coaster....anything but a raft ride.

Grizz, I'm surprised you are looking forward to such a lame and heartless attraction.:) Especially, when you dislike M:S and Rock and Roller Coaster.

My hope is that the imagineers try something DIFFERENT for a change.

raven

I believe the building is being used right now for special events and large group gatherings. I've seen wedding parties come and go from those gates before.

It would be really cool if Imagineering could squeeze another country in there. I know there isn't much room between England and Canada where it sits but something like the set up in Mexico (majority indoors) would work I'd think. The building is pretty big.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by imagineer99
Grizz, I'm surprised you are looking forward to such a lame and heartless attraction.:) Especially, when you dislike M:S and Rock and Roller Coaster.

Remember, Grizz is a bear, and if the Raft Ride is themed to Brother Bear, well, I'm sure you get the connection there. ;)

Though Grizz often acts like a duck.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom