Epcot Food & Wine question

LittleMerman

Originally I was going to go to Epcot on Thurs Oct 12 bc I've heard weekends for F&W are crazy. I just checked out the Eat to the Beat schedule. I wouldn't mind seeing Sugar Ray who's playing on Mon Oct 9 but that's Columbus Day (as of right now I'm going to AK that day). I was thinking about switching those two parks - is it a huge mistake to go to Epcot/F&W on a holiday Monday? Is it going to be swamped?

JIMINYCR

None of the parks have been swamped lately, but F&W is popular, draws in the numbers and a day off work can bring in more locals. If youre looking to see this performer, I would still plan on going. Just scope out a seat early enough so youre not left standing.

Upvote 0
Columbus Day will be busy at all of the parks, so you will have to do some planning such as dining. If you want to do the Eat to the Beat Concert, that offers you seating in the first section with overhead covering and you do not have to stand in line and wait. If you have my Disney experience see if there is still Restaurants offering seating and times. (There are 3 different seating times for the concerts)

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

Original Poster
Columbus Day will be busy at all of the parks, so you will have to do some planning such as dining. If you want to do the Eat to the Beat Concert, that offers you seating in the first section with overhead covering and you do not have to stand in line and wait. If you have my Disney experience see if there is still Restaurants offering seating and times. (There are 3 different seating times for the concerts)
We're just going to be doing Food & Wine Festival booths for meals all day which was one of my original concerns that if we go on a holiday vs. that Thursday that lines will be super long for the booths.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We're just going to be doing Food & Wine Festival booths for meals all day which was one of my original concerns that if we go on a holiday vs. that Thursday that lines will be super long for the booths.
The lines for the booths are always fairly long. There are some favorite items that are always coming back that guests target while some new choices that get great reviews are ones everyone wants to try out. Look at the list of booth menus and plan out in advance those that are must try for you. You can’t eat them all so get that plan together.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Nothing you can do about the crowds. You can't predict what day a specific park will be busy. The weekend, Friday night through Sunday afternoon does get busy with locals. But they are just hanging around the food booths mostly. Thursdays should be fine. Just go when you want to, the crowds have not been horrible lately anyway. You are way overthinking this.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

The other thing I would suggest is to purchase a F & W gift card when you first get to the WS…it comes on a wristband and it makes life so much easier. Grab a menu and take a pen with you to cross out what you eat and drink.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Originally I was going to go to Epcot on Thurs Oct 12 bc I've heard weekends for F&W are crazy. I just checked out the Eat to the Beat schedule. I wouldn't mind seeing Sugar Ray who's playing on Mon Oct 9 but that's Columbus Day (as of right now I'm going to AK that day). I was thinking about switching those two parks - is it a huge mistake to go to Epcot/F&W on a holiday Monday? Is it going to be swamped?

For what it is worth, I saw Sugar Ray at F&W many many years ago - and they did a really great set. Mark McGrath was out in the audience and walking around while singing. Taking pictures with people too. Very interactive band.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom