EPCOT fixer-uppers

Chad

Original Poster
Ok, Folks! The long awaited sequel to my *OTHER* post is now ready! I actually had time today, cause, well, I'm sicking. The doctor said something about the black plague...Or was it Yellow Fever? It had a color in it...Anywho, I'm not letting it get me down!

Epcot-For Starters. The park has the best Layout in terms of traffic flow and management, everything moves very easily. Theming here can't be beat. They've done a great job with keeping MOST of it 'updated' and not getting to 'retro' looking, plus the architecture is breathtaking. The only 'Overall' addition I can think of is the reutilization of the 'Symbols' I know alit you remember these, and I MISS THEM! I don't know why they got rid of them..They just need to make a new one for wonders of life, and for the new storm pavillion we're working on in SOJI, and I would wet my pants with joy!

EPCOT east---->

Imagination! This pavillion makes me cry!! WHile I totally agree with the move to 'Solidify' the theming of this building into "The Imagination Institute" Removing the original ride was a crime. Keep HISTA, expand the Imageworkd upstairs, bring back some of the older exhibits, with updated stuff.
As for the ride, a new one is being built, I hold judgement.

The Land
Living with the land is a great educational ride, doesn't need to be changed.
Food Rocks-Ugh, how detestable..It should be replaced with interactive nutrition exhibits.
Circle of Life: An Enviromental Fable This isn't that bad of a film, it just proves a bit too..slow..for the park...It needs some in-theater effects, you don't have to make it 3-d, just add fog for the air pullution, have water mist on the guests for acid rain, things can be done to make it better.

Shifting Skies
We're debating over this in SOJI now, we'll set out the new ideas when finished..It's our new Weather pavillion :)

The Living Seas

Removing the sea cabs was a good move. The ride was too short. Theme the tunnel, then just take the hyrolators there. Inside the sea base, put an omnimover ride in..Details to Follow..Called "Song of the Seas"

MUCH more to come..

:sohappy:

Chad

Original Poster
I said more was coming...

Ok, Future world
<------west

Test Track: Fine as is
Mission Space:Not sure yet
Universe of Energy:I see nothing wrong..
Wonders of Life: NEEDS HELP!

I'll move onto World showcase later, so now that I have my *THESIS STATEMENT* Lets move on with the actual ideas.

The Living Seas:
"Song of the Sea"
Wow, TLS for a long time has always been one of my favorites. Perhaps it's the fact that I am in love with the ocean! Anyways, Making the attraction a Walkthrough was smart. simply need to retheme the hall it goes through. Add "Sea Lab" type stuff, flashing lights, etc....You know what I mean. Then, INSIDE the actually sea base, A new ride will be built. It will need a new building off to the side of TLS, A tunnel will be built from the exisitng building to the new one...
"Song of The Sea" Will be an Omnimover ride, featuring, well, the ocean. It start out somewhat like Spaceship Earth....
The car would turn to begin an asscent to the top of the building. ON either sides of the car, Water is falling, a think curtain of real water is falling, making a relaxing and soothing sound as it splashes. From the back of the water, images of whales and dolphins will be projected, seeming to swim up next to your car, follow it, and then swim off...The narrator would start with an inspirational message about the beauty of the sea...
As soon as you reach the top of the building (not THAT tall..), your car would conquer a 'hump" and as soon as it gets over the hill, a splash of water would surge over some sea rocks (not too unlike the front of the attraction) up ahead, a volcanno would be ereupting, spewing lava into the sea, forming the earth..Narrator speaks...You'd turn a corner into a cave, And emerge with The great explores heading out on their grand ships, exploring new lands via the sea...Next would show tribes of Indians, Japenese fisherman, different nationalities all fishing from the ocean on boats, canoes, etc.. lights would illuminate each different figure in a sequence, so only 1 nationatlity is shown at a time, sorta like a bunch of scenes in one...Narrator talks about our dependency on the sea...Next, we'd emerge into more industrial times through a drainage pipe and into the next diorama, Recreational boaters dumping trash in the ocean, Off shore drilling plants, Dumping of substances into the ocean..(this is a lengthy scene) all showing our destruction of the ocean, you'd go back into another drainage pipe, and into complete darkness and silence..

Narrator: But no matter what we do, with or without humans on the planet, the song of the seas will go on...(Music strikes up, and we are immersed into an amazingly colorful and vibrant coral reef as we turn a corner..) The reef will be INTIRCATELY detailed, with very realistic animitronics combined with projected screens. Above the cars, fog and lasers will be used to create waves. Next would be the giant kelp forests, all around you, huge strands of kelp would be strung up, fish swimming around them...Then, the rocky caves and sandy flats of the ocean, (including a shipwreck) you would enter the hull of the ship, and the would once again be in darkness.."The Sea is still a vast mystery to us. We are dependent upon it for our survival. It moves the seasons, it brings the rain and supplies us with food. We must preserve this vast resource for future generations, so they might hear the song as well..." (waves crashing..) Computer like, girls voice.."Please chose the route for your return to Sea Base Alpha..." Just like horizons, buttons would light up, and you'd pick the way back...

Coral Reef Run
The Trench
Kelp Forests
Searching for the Giant Squid

After you arrive back at the sea base, you'd unload, and go back inside the main area......

MUCH more to come!

Chad

Original Poster
I am not recommending a complete rehaul of Wonders of Life..It will remain very much the same, only modernized..New computers for the activities, less '80's' styled decorations, but the substance will remain the same. I would also suggest more theming of the MET area for Body Wars..A labratory seems a bit out of place in a happy, fun-filled, brightly colored atmosphere. Re-do body wars and add the new, "Storm Rider" vehicles with all the new special, in-theather effects (will go into detail later..) And update the two shows..I'm thinking Jim Carrey for 'The making of Me' as for Cranium Command, much of the same cast, if we can get ahold of em'...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom