Epcot DiveQuest - Anyone done it?

PeterPan1031

Original Poster
Hi guys,

I scheduled EPCOT DiveQuest for my next trip in October. I got a lot of details from the Disney Rep. I booked with, but I wanted to see if anyone here has done it before. Any tips or extras you can share? All I know is that we dive and there's some sort of backstage tour. I did a search in the forums and all the topics were really outdated. Thanks!

danyoung56

I did it twice about 20 years ago, so they may have changed things since then. As I recall we watched a short video in a classroom setting, then went into the locker room where our wet suits and booties were all laid out. This was a cool locker room, with private showers and changing rooms for everyone. After this we walked across the main area where all the other guests were, and then climbed a spiral staircase to the top of the tank. Our air tanks and fins were all laid out for us. We got in about 3 feet of water, backed up, and basically had our tanks lifted onto our backs. Once properly suited up, we walked forward to where the water was deeper, and descended. This was back when they had a diving bell, and we each went inside the bell while a videographer was taping us. We did something of a guided tour, and then were left to do our own thing for about 10 minutes.

After showering and changing, we were given the opportunity to buy the video, which they had already duplicated (back in the VHS tape days!). I think we also got a DiveQuest tshirt. It was a very cool experience, being on the other side of the glass, especially floating by the Coral Reef and watching all the diners. You're gonna have a great time!

PeterPan1031

Original Poster
I did it twice about 20 years ago, so they may have changed things since then. As I recall we watched a short video in a classroom setting, then went into the locker room where our wet suits and booties were all laid out. This was a cool locker room, with private showers and changing rooms for everyone. After this we walked across the main area where all the other guests were, and then climbed a spiral staircase to the top of the tank. Our air tanks and fins were all laid out for us. We got in about 3 feet of water, backed up, and basically had our tanks lifted onto our backs. Once properly suited up, we walked forward to where the water was deeper, and descended. This was back when they had a diving bell, and we each went inside the bell while a videographer was taping us. We did something of a guided tour, and then were left to do our own thing for about 10 minutes.

After showering and changing, we were given the opportunity to buy the video, which they had already duplicated (back in the VHS tape days!). I think we also got a DiveQuest tshirt. It was a very cool experience, being on the other side of the glass, especially floating by the Coral Reef and watching all the diners. You're gonna have a great time!
Thanks that sounds awesome -- I'm very excited. This is something I've been wanting to try for a very long time so I was curious what was included. Appreciate the response!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

We've thought about doing it because we get a DVC member discount on it if it's the one I'm thinking about. The only thing is that don't you have to be "Scuba Certified" or whatever to do it? Seems like that was the thing that caused us not to. I've seen people doing it though and it looked like it would be super fun.

PeterPan1031

Original Poster
We've thought about doing it because we get a DVC member discount on it if it's the one I'm thinking about. The only thing is that don't you have to be "Scuba Certified" or whatever to do it? Seems like that was the thing that caused us not to. I've seen people doing it though and it looked like it would be super fun.
Yeah you have to have your certification (which I do). We signed up with the DVC discount as well, and it was about a 20$ discount which was nice.

Clamman73

I did it about three years ago...really enjoyed just being able to be swimming around the tank, especially with the schooling fish and other species of animals in the tank.
Also being backstage was cool...the old diving bell was outside at the time. You gathered up around guest relations and walked through a gate around there and into the the Seas building.
Was basically what was mentioned above...

raven

The only thing is that don't you have to be "Scuba Certified" or whatever to do it? Seems like that was the thing that caused us not to.

They have an additional program now that you do not have to be certified (forget the name of it). It's more of a full head mask that you wear with air pumped into it so just about anyone can do it. A few friends of mine did it a couple of weeks ago.

PeterPan1031

Original Poster
Yeah the Disney rep on the phone said that people can see you from the tank but they require a park ticket, while if you're doing the DiveQuest you do not need a park ticket.

danyoung56

It's totally cool as a diver to go up to the windows and play with the crowd. I did the hand touch thing through the glass with a 10 year old kid. The look on his face was priceless!

BayLake

It is one of the better tours that I have done. Not only do you get to dive in the tank, but you get brief behind the scenes tour of the attraction. When I went we saw the kitchen where the animals food is prepared and the filtration area. Then you get to spend about 44-50 minutes in the water. One thing I like to do is swim over to windows near the Coral Reef and look at the food the people are eating. I have experienced DiveQuest about 6 times and I must be in hundreds of guest personal pictures, you wont believe how many people take pictures of scuba divers. Enjoy the dive

PeterPan1031

Original Poster
It is one of the better tours that I have done. Not only do you get to dive in the tank, but you get brief behind the scenes tour of the attraction. When I went we saw the kitchen where the animals food is prepared and the filtration area. Then you get to spend about 44-50 minutes in the water. One thing I like to do is swim over to windows near the Coral Reef and look at the food the people are eating. I have experienced DiveQuest about 6 times and I must be in hundreds of guest personal pictures, you wont believe how many people take pictures of scuba divers. Enjoy the dive

How long does the entire tour take, on average? We have 8:35 dinner reservations and we have a 5:30 dive quest reservation. Do you think that's enough time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom