Epcot Dining ?

MPitzen

We were planning on eating at Epcot 2 nights on our honeymoon. We had chose Teppanyaki and Alfredos. However, since apparently Teppanyaki will be under refurb at that time and Alfredos will be close permanently I need to come up with some new choices.

We'll be on the DDP so we're looking for table service. I looked at all of the menus and found the ones that would work with my picky future DH. Here's what I have:

Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
San Angel

Any Suggestions would be wonderful!!!
Thanks in advance!

popsicletrees

I would have to say that Le Cellier is a must! I have only eaten at two others from your list, Chefs de France and San Angel. I really enjoyed Chefs de France, but I would have to suggest San Angel instead. San Angel has a wonderful atmosphere and a better menu selection in my opinion.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

Verify Alfredo's will really be closed. 407 wdw dine
IT's still open now and no one said the are closing.
Maybe the are but if you can go do it, they have the best alfredo ever.

Germany's restaurant is prety good. Its a buffet style and is still table service. They serve drinks also. The little show is nice to.

You uaually will sit with another couple or family. So if you like meeting new people you will enjoy it.

Coral reef at the Seas is very beautiful and the food was relly good last time we ate their..

Garden Grill is pretty good too but not a romantic place. I like that is rotates a couplete circle in one hour. You can see the land boat ride when you rotate through it. All you can eat....Some of the food is fresh from the land gardens.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We love Marrakesh and have lunch there just about every trip.
We have finally gotten ADRs at Le Cellier and I can't wait, hopefully it lives up to its reputation. I hear a lot of good things about Garden Grill too, so that is on my list for next trip.

I haven't eaten at the others on your list, but I'm sure somebody will be along soon to help you out.

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

We were planning on eating at Epcot 2 nights on our honeymoon. We had chose Teppanyaki and Alfredos. However, since apparently Teppanyaki will be under refurb at that time and Alfredos will be close permanently I need to come up with some new choices.

We'll be on the DDP so we're looking for table service. I looked at all of the menus and found the ones that would work with my picky future DH. Here's what I have:

Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
San Angel

Thanks in advance!
My family loves Coral Reef and Le Cellier for Dinner
San Angel and Garden Grill are good lunch choices.

Ii took my wife to Coral Reef on Feb 11. and it was our 14th Anniversary. I called the Disney florist a few days in advance and they had coordinated with the Coral Reef Mgmt. and had a Dozen roses arranged on the table. I paid for the roses obviously but the Mgmt. goes out of there way to help out.

KUDOS to the Coral Reef...

Upvote 0

adventurelander

The Garden Grill is one of our favorite places to eat on property. It's not romantic but the food is great. We eat here once each vacation. My husband really loves it too.

Upvote 0

paul436

Le Cellier is my favorite restaurant on property so would strongly suggest going there as one of your choices. Coral Reef can be very romantic with (as I remember) dim lighting and the aquarium.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Hadn't heard about Alfredo's closing, but personally wouldn't consider it a great loss. I echo others in recommending Le Cellier. Our favorite is Chef's de France. It is a bit noisy, but a fun place and very nice food.

I also like Marrakesh, but some picky eaters may balk at the menu (even though the food is not really challenging). San Angel (Mexico) is also very nice but some menu items can be challenging for a picky eater. Possibly the most romantic dining in Epcot is a restaurant upstairs from Chef's de France called Bistro de Paris...a bit more expensive too.

The UK while not known for its food does have a nice restaurant in Rose and Crown. Nothing too exciting, but a fun place. Coral Reef is OK, especially if you are doing the plan. I found the menu limited and the atmosphere a bit stark...but the fishies get to watch you eating their cousins...:eek:

If you want to venture out the back of Epcot, Yachtsmans Steakhouse in the Beach Club is in my opinion a superior steak house to Le Cellier, Flying Fish while pricy has some great seafood.

While the Epcot restaurants don't usually do anything extra, when making reservations, do mention that it is your honeymoon. Also get pins at Guest Relations when entering the park.

Have you considered any of the hotel restaurants for a romantic dinner. We have celebrated many an occasion at Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge, and they have a nice treat for special occasions.

Congratulations!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Your future DH can't be very picky if you are including such a variety of restaurants with many different kinds of food.
Maybe trying them all out would actually be a fun thing to do regardless of which ones you two pick.
Good luck.
:) :)

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
San Angel

Le Cellier, as many have stated, is a must if you can get a reservation. I also liked San Angel. Personally, I wasn't too impressed with Marrakesh... I didn't think the food was authentic/ethnic enough... But if you're unfamiliar with that type of foor and dining, it would be fun.

We're trying Chefs de France for the first time on our trip in May. We'd love to do Bistro, but didn't want to spend the extra money. I hope we won't be dissapointed.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
San Angel

Thanks in advance!

Alfredo's closing is still just a rumour at this point. If it is open when you go, I highly reccomend it! Le Chefs De France is amazing also. We ate at The Coral Reef in December and really enjoyed it,it is by no means the best food at Epcot but it was still good and the atmosphere is great in my opinion. We looove The Garden Grill,once again the food isn't world class but it's good. The big draws at The Garden Grill are the fact that it is a character meal(Mickey,Pluto,Chip and Dale) and as you eat the dining room rotates. Personally I would reccomend it over The Coral Reef.

I personally have never eaten at Le Cellier but I hear TONS of good things about it,so much so that we made a ressie for it in April. Same goes for San Angel Inn.

I'm a pretty good sized boy so you can tell I'm not too picky but coming from a small town in NC where most of my friends and kinfolk grew up on rabbit,squirrell,bear and dear(and the occassional possum) ANYTHING tastes great and is WORLD CLASS to me compared to that. Hmmm...maybe I'm not the best person to be giving culinary advice.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Alfredo's closing is still just a rumour at this point. If it is open when you go, I highly reccomend it! Le Chefs De France is amazing also. We ate at The Coral Reef in December and really enjoyed it,it is by no means the best food at Epcot but it was still good and the atmosphere is great in my opinion. We looove The Garden Grill,once again the food isn't world class but it's good. The big draws at The Garden Grill are the fact that it is a character meal(Mickey,Pluto,Chip and Dale) and as you eat the dining room rotates. Personally I would reccomend it over The Coral Reef.

I personally have never eaten at Le Cellier but I hear TONS of good things about it,so much so that we made a ressie for it in April. Same goes for San Angel Inn.

I'm a pretty good sized boy so you can tell I'm not too picky but coming from a small town in NC where most of my friends and kinfolk grew up on rabbit,squirrell,bear and dear(and the occassional possum) ANYTHING tastes great and is WORLD CLASS to me compared to that. Hmmm...maybe I'm not the best person to be giving culinary advice.:lookaroun

:eek: ???????

Upvote 0

daverube

We went to Le Cellier for the first time last November during our Honeymoon and had a wonderful time/meal. It will be on our ressie list for future trips...

As for Chefs de France, it was fantastic during our 2005 fall trip, but they changed the menu during the summer of 2006....as such, we did not find that it was as enjoyable as our previous trip....

The Rose and Crown is always a must eat.....good food and, if you time it right, you can eat during Illuminations....

However, the best meal we've had at disney isn't in Epcot, it was at the California Grill in the Contemporary.....fantastic food, fantastic view (you don't need to rush outside to see the MK fireworks as the windows are HUGE and provides a view from almost every table)....we Highly recommend this....and we live in NOLA, the city of food!!!

my 2 cents...

dave

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

San Angel is one of my personal favorites...I love the atmosphere, but I haven't been there while El Rio has been down. The food is fantastic, and make sure you have dessert!

Upvote 0

captcanada

Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
San Angel

Thanks in advance!

I have done San Angel. Very tastey, and the view was beautiful. Loved it!
IMHO, it is a very "romantic" setting.

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
My very-picky DH likes Chefs de France and loves Le Cellier. I love Coral Reef, but whenever we eat there, he gets the roasted chicken, so it's almost like what's-the-point, but I like the atmosphere and am a seafood-aholic.

So, I before each of our trips, I check out the menus I can find online and make sure there is something he will eat in whichever restaurants I would like to try out. There you go, that is the secret to 20 years of marriage :ROFLOL:

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom