Epcot - Designed After the Human Brain?

DisGal

Original Poster
I read this and found it interesting - is it true?

If you look at a map of Future World with Spaceship Earth being at the bottom of the map, the part of the park is designed after the human brain. On the right side of the park there is imaginative design being our creative side. On the left side of the park there are more square angles being our balance side. Also in Future World West the buildings are designed to the creation of Earth, the sea being the first then comes land and imagination for the future. The same goes for the height of the buildings, the sea is the shortest, then comes the land and finally the skies the limit.

EPCOT Explorer

That's exactly it!:wave: The left is more about engineering and technology while the right is more natural.

Interestingly enough, look at the plants and the water features. East is more concurrent with it's lines and hard angles. West is more idyllic and flowing. More organic and imaginative. One of my favorite EPCOT features!

DisGal

Original Poster
That's exactly it!:wave: The left is more about engineering and technology while the right is more natural.

Interestingly enough, look at the plants and the water features. East is more concurrent with it's lines and hard angles. West is more idyllic and flowing. More organic and imaginative. One of my favorite EPCOT features!

Thanks!

To be honest I never put it together, but it is true and very cool in regards to plant and water features.

GizmoDuck

That's really interesting, wow. Just makes me appreciate the little details even more :D

DisGal

Original Poster
That's really interesting, wow. Just makes me appreciate the little details even more :D

The details really are amazing and I love there is always something more to learn no matter how many times you've visited. WDW just keeps on giving.

SeaCastle

Anytime.:wave:

Also, the music changes for the two sides as well...:D East is much more fast.

I don't think so; the Innoventions loop plays all around Innoventions and leaks onto both East and West a bit, but there is no specific loop for the East or West side of the park. On the West side you got the Seas with Nemo and Friends, which is re-orchestrations of the Finding Nemo score, the Land Pavilion exterior loop which is synthesizer (I believe), and the JIYI loop is upbeat renditions of the Honey, I Blew Up the Kids and similar scores.

On the East side, you have the Mission: Space loop which is just instrumentals and harps but at least that's the beginning of the loop. The Ellen's Energy Adventure loop is mostly techno, which is upbeat I guess. Test Track doesn't have an exterior loop.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't think so; the Innoventions loop plays all around Innoventions and leaks onto both East and West a bit, but there is no specific loop for the East or West side of the park. On the West side you got the Seas with Nemo and Friends, which is re-orchestrations of the Finding Nemo score, the Land Pavilion exterior loop which is synthesizer (I believe), and the JIYI loop is upbeat renditions of the Honey, I Blew Up the Kids and similar scores.

On the East side, you have the Mission: Space loop which is just instrumentals and harps but at least that's the beginning of the loop. The Ellen's Energy Adventure loop is mostly techno, which is upbeat I guess. Test Track doesn't have an exterior loop.

There used to be!:brick::lol:

Note to self: Keep all posts to the RELEVANT EPCOT, not the old one.:lol:

Sorry about that!:wave:

SeaCastle

There used to be!:brick::lol:

Note to self: Keep all posts to the RELEVANT EPCOT, not the old one.:lol:

Sorry about that!:wave:

No apology necessary, but I believe even at the "real" (pre-releveant) EPCOT Center, I don't think the music was "relaxing" on one side and more upbeat on the other. World of Motion played a bunch of renditions of "It's Fun to be Free", which I guess is upbeat. The Horizons BGM was a beautiful orchestral compilation that almost brings me to tears listening to it. I don't know anything about UoE's pre 1994 loop.

The Living Seas was very relaxing, The Land Pavilion is basically the same, and I don't think the Imagination Pavilion's BGMs were specifically upbeat or laid-back.

But then again, I could be wrong. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

No apology necessary, but I believe even at the "real" (pre-releveant) EPCOT Center, I don't think the music was "relaxing" on one side and more upbeat on the other. World of Motion played a bunch of renditions of "It's Fun to be Free", which I guess is upbeat. The Horizons BGM was a beautiful orchestral compilation that almost brings me to tears listening to it. I don't know anything about UoE's pre 1994 loop.

The Living Seas was very relaxing, The Land Pavilion is basically the same, and I don't think the Imagination Pavilion's BGMs were specifically upbeat or laid-back.

But then again, I could be wrong. :lookaroun

Nope, that's spot on.:D

UoE was a techno-ish rendition

I love this, especially the west side building heights.

At the risk of reading too much into it... so was Horizons shorter than WoM? Either way, on East side you have the progression of raw energy, dreams, and practical engineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom