EPCOT After Hours?

firecatgirl

Original Poster
We are doing this on our upcoming visit. Has anyone done this, what are your thoughts/tips/tricks? Also, is there Disney transportation still available back to resorts that late or do we need to schedule a Lyft? TIA :)

Worldlover71

Haven't done it at Epcot, but had a great time at AK a few years ago. FoP 3x in a row with no wait! Disney transportation is definitely available after the event.

NoPoncho!

I went on June 1. Here's my review: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/after-hours-epcot-review.981226/ It's a bit on the negative side so I hope you don't let that get you down.
Tips:
1. Arrive early (before 7pm) and either do rides with short wait times (Spaceship Earth>Nemo>Living With the Land>Imagination) OR walk through World Showcase. The rides I listed should have waits of five minutes or less at this time of day. Most of World Showcase (China/Germany/Italy/U.S./Japan/Morocco) will not be accessible during After Hours.
2. Decide whether you want to watch Epcot Forever (the nighttime show).
3. Make a list of your priorities and go in that order starting with #1 at 9ish. Rides go down often and if you save your favorites for last, you might never get to do them. While I was there, Guardians, Test Track, Remy's and Imagination all went down at some point during the night. You're going to be walking far distances pretty much no matter what. The walls and World Showcase being closed make it worse. The most popular rides are as spread out from each other as possible (Guardians, Soarin', Test Track, Frozen, Remy's).
4. Eat before the event. There is ice cream, popcorn, and drinks but no "real food." The few restaurants open for the event do not stay open for the entirety.
5. Be ready to have lots of fun but set your expectations. The less popular areas are going to be complete dead zones. We were the only ones in the Mexico pavilion. But other places like Norway and World Discovery will be crowded.
6. Be ready to party but don't expect any event exclusives. There'll be a party like atmosphere because there's a dj and it's late at night. There will not be any party exclusive entertainment or characters (other than the dj). Mariachi Cobre will be there (who are great but also perform during the day) and characters most likely will be Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale.

firecatgirl

Original Poster
I went on June 1. Here's my review: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/after-hours-epcot-review.981226/ It's a bit on the negative side so I hope you don't let that get you down.
Tips:
1. Arrive early (before 7pm) and either do rides with short wait times (Spaceship Earth>Nemo>Living With the Land>Imagination) OR walk through World Showcase. The rides I listed should have waits of five minutes or less at this time of day. Most of World Showcase (China/Germany/Italy/U.S./Japan/Morocco) will not be accessible during After Hours.
2. Decide whether you want to watch Epcot Forever (the nighttime show).
3. Make a list of your priorities and go in that order starting with #1 at 9ish. Rides go down often and if you save your favorites for last, you might never get to do them. While I was there, Guardians, Test Track, Remy's and Imagination all went down at some point during the night. You're going to be walking far distances pretty much no matter what. The walls and World Showcase being closed make it worse. The most popular rides are as spread out from each other as possible (Guardians, Soarin', Test Track, Frozen, Remy's).
4. Eat before the event. There is ice cream, popcorn, and drinks but no "real food." The few restaurants open for the event do not stay open for the entirety.
5. Be ready to have lots of fun but set your expectations. The less popular areas are going to be complete dead zones. We were the only ones in the Mexico pavilion. But other places like Norway and World Discovery will be crowded.
6. Be ready to party but don't expect any event exclusives. There'll be a party like atmosphere because there's a dj and it's late at night. There will not be any party exclusive entertainment or characters (other than the dj). Mariachi Cobre will be there (who are great but also perform during the day) and characters most likely will be Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale.
Thank you so much. We plan on getting there at 7 and doing the lower wait ones I first and getting a bite to eat
I’ve heard you can get online foe Guardians at 9 so we may do that if that’s true
We do have another day planned for EPCOT, but hoping this will check the rides (or most of them) off the list to enjoy the countries and food booths on our regular day (this is just a short trip for us)
Did the wait times show up on your MDE?

NoPoncho!

Thank you so much. We plan on getting there at 7 and doing the lower wait ones I first and getting a bite to eat
I’ve heard you can get online foe Guardians at 9 so we may do that if that’s true
We do have another day planned for EPCOT, but hoping this will check the rides (or most of them) off the list to enjoy the countries and food booths on our regular day (this is just a short trip for us)
Did the wait times show up on your MDE?

NoPoncho!

Sounds like you have a good plan. You should be able to ride every ride you want at least once. I was. Wait times did not show up between 9 and 10pm. (MDE showed times until the park closed at 9 and then displayed them again at the official event start time at 10pm). I think starting with Guardians is the way to go. The virtual queue ends at 9pm. Most likely, they'll line you up outside the building and then walk you into the actual queue like a rope drop right at 9pm.

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Sounds like you have a good plan. You should be able to ride every ride you want at least once. I was. Wait times did not show up between 9 and 10pm. (MDE showed times until the park closed at 9 and then displayed them again at the official event start time at 10pm). I think starting with Guardians is the way to go. The virtual queue ends at 9pm. Most likely, they'll line you up outside the building and then walk you into the actual queue like a rope drop right at 9pm.
Thank you so much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom