"Entertainment Stage Technician"??

ButteryNipples

Original Poster
Hello all! Long time reader, first time posted. Love this site!

So here is my question, I currently am a "corporate roadie". I travel the world with my job and provide audio, lighting, and video support for large scale corporate events and meetings. I have been doing it for the past 15 years, and I am ready to ease up on the travel a bit and "stay home".

With that said, I notice WDW is looking for a full time "Entertainment Stage Technician". Does anyone have any familiarity with this position? I guess my main concern is pay. I don't see pay listed, and really that is what it is based on for me to see if its even worth my efforts to travel an hour to Orlando. I don't even have a problem taking a slight pay cut if it means staying in the area. I already know I am qualified, but I don't want to go through the entire interview process without having a basic starting pay. Can anyone shed some information on this? Or feel free to PM me if you don't want to come out and say what the starting pay is?

Also, with someone with as many years experience as I have, what are the hours like? perks? all that good stuff, would greatly appreciate any information. Thanks!

RonAnnArbor

As to hours, they don't use a 9 to 5, 5 to 1 schedule most techies are used to. They depend show to show, attraction to attraction, and time of year, special events, and where they need you when. There is no such thing as overtime for working past 11, and hours might often be odd, like 3 - 6, returning at 8 then working 8 - 3am...and those types of things....of course, you do get the Disney perks, the connections, the visibility, and eventually promotions and other things...I'll ask some friends who work there if they might be open to chatting with you and post back if they are willing, but I must say that they are notoriously close-lipped about things like this...I plan to eventually move down there and work in live shows as well, but for me, its going to be a retirement job, not a career move...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom