Pre-Trip englanddg's Surf and Turf Adventure - Pre-trip / Trip Report Aug 2013

Ok, since I've been slack, I've missed out on an ADR for Be Our Guest. So, anyone planning trips who wants to try this, be sure you hit the 180 marker!

Don't be a slacker like me!

However, Be Our Guest does not do reservations for lunch, so the kid and I will probably try to squeeze in for a Lunch seating, and of course will check for ADR cancellations closer to the trip.

So, I've got everything registered in the My Disney Experience App on my iPad and iPhone, but I used the website to link everything together.

I must say, I do like the new layout of the site. It was fairly easy to use. However, it did not bring over all the hotel reservations that I had already booked and set up on the website, even though it tried to do an import of them.

Not a major issue tough, as it took only a few minutes to re-link everything.

The planner utility looks rather nice, and allows you to assign parks to various days, gives you park hours and event times, etc. I am going to keep playing with it, but I think I may rely on this app instead of loading everything into Google Docs as I have done in the past.

For those not familiar, for the trip I put everything into Google Docs linked to a special email account I created just for trips. This is hours of data entry, but it's nice to have all that information at my fingertips.

It appears that the My Disney Experience will alleviate this requirement, which I think is fantastic!

My only issue so far is that it doesn't integrate with Disney Cruise Lines. That would make it a perfect app for planning the whole trip, in my view. Hopefully they are heading that direction sometime in the future.

There is a neat utility on the Disney Cruise site which allows you to schedule a call from either Goofy or Mickey. I chose Mickey. The neat thing is that you can either have the call go out immediately, or pre-schedule a time. I chose to pre-schedule it for 9a on August 3. The Kid and I should be at Chef Mickey's around that time eating breakfast before the DCL Magical Express picks us up to take us to Port Canaveral.

The inbound phone number is 866.882.5010, so I have put this number into my phone and saved it as a contact called "Mr. Mouse", that way when the call comes in, I will know exactly who it is (I don't like answering weird phone calls from 8xx numbers), plus the kid, who now reads quite well, will see Mr. Mouse on the caller ID, which I think is a nice touch.

I am trying to picture her face when she gets a call during breakfast from Mickey Mouse welcoming her on her new cruise. Mind you, I have decided I am not telling her anything about a Disney trip this year. Since we go every year, she may suspect we are doing something, but I haven't told her what, and I am quite sure she would never guess a Disney Cruise!

So, updating the itinerary here's what I've got so far. Things will probably change between now and August, but this is a general layout. By the way, any restaurants I mention, I will note if they are ADRs or not.

In 2010, I had no issues getting into restaurants without ADRs, except for Le Cellier. But, in 2011 we had a lot of trouble. So, in 2012, I booked us to the gills with ADRs. My experience with this was horrid.

I felt like the whole trip became focused not around what we wanted to relax and enjoy together, but making sure we rushed around to make our ADRs. So, this year I will not be making quite as many ADRs, focusing only on restaurants I really want to eat at, rather than trying to plan lunch / breakfast / dinner every day.

So, here's the general plan...

8/1 - Fly to DC, Eat Dinner at Pentagon City Mall (There's a Diner there she likes) and Stay in DC

8/2 - Fly from DC to Orlando International, early flight, arrive around 10a. Magical Express to Contemporary. If the room is not yet available, check our bags with Bell Services and head over to the Magic Kingdom.

Bell Services is a neat feature, for those who have not used it. Official Check In is around 3p, as I recall, so they may not have a room ready for you if you arrive earlier. I have never experienced this, but if that ever happens, it's not a big deal. Bell Services will hold your luggage in a monitored / secure location until your room is ready.

Now, you may ask why I don't use the room bag delivery option included with the Magical Express. Quite simple...I don't trust it. Something about making sure my bag gets put on the right bus and delivered to the right hotel is important to me. But, the service does exist, and I've heard is rather nice, as you can show up, check-in, and go to the parks. When you get back, your bags will already be in your room.

But, as I said, I don't trust it.

For this first leg of the trip, I am doing one night at the Contemporary. I've added a one day base ticket to this (for Friday at Magic Kingdom), and the Deluxe Dining Plan. This means, for this leg of the trip, I will have 6 table service credits and 4 snack credits.

I plan to use 4 of the dining credits for our traditional first meal at Disney at Cinderella's Royal Table. We always do this on the first and last nights of our trips since 2010, and it wouldn't feel right not to kick off what is certainly our longest trip, and most varied trip, without getting pictures with the Princesses.

Magic Kingdom is likely to have nighttime Extra Magic Hours on Friday (it does most years), so we'll just spend the whole day there. I doubt we'll finish out Magic Hours, as we need to be up early the next day.

8/3 - 8:45 ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickeys will use up our final two table credits. Disney Cruise Lines will be sending a bus to pick us up and take us to Port Canaveral. The bus should arrive between 10a and 12:30p, so that's plenty of time for a quick meal with Mickey. As I mentioned before, I also pre-scheduled Mickey to call at 9a, and I'll let him tell her about the Cruise. Of course, I plan to have the video camera primed for this!

That afternoon, we'll be taken to Port Canaveral and board the Fantasy. Off to the waves!

8/4 - At Sea - No plans right now outside of exploring the ship

8/5 - Grand Cayman Island - Grand Cayman Island Tour

8/6 - Costa Maya, Mexico - Dolphin Swim Port Adventure

8/7 - Cozumel, Mexico - Atlantis Submarine Expedition Port Adventure

8/8 - At Sea

8/9 - Castaway Cay - Castaway Cay Stingray Port Adventure

8/10 - Early arrival back to Port Canaveral. Disney Magical Transit will then take us to Port Orleans French Quarter. We'll leave the bag with Bell Services if our room is not ready and head out to EPCOT. No dinner plans (though I'd like to do Coral Seas or Germany Pavilion...we'll see how we feel).

8/11 - Breakfast at the Hotel, Animal Kingdom, Lunch wherever we like (I'd like Tuskers or Yak and Yeti), leave mid afternoon and head back to the hotel to hang out for a bit. Get freshened up and go to Jikos (ADR) for dinner.

8/12 - Breakfast at Hotel, Hollywood Studios, Dine with an Imagineer Lunch at Brown Derby (Yes, I want to do it again...though I may change my mind. This is the only day they are doing it during our trip).

8/13 - Free Day, possibly Universal Studios

8/14 - Wild Africa Trek at AK, then more AK or do whatever, like Water Parks. Dinner at EPCOT.

8/15 - Free Day, Possibly Legoland

8/16 - Richard Petty Driving Experience (afternoon) - Bowling at DTD for dinner.

8/17 - Free Day, Possibly Sea World

8/18 - Disney's Family Magic Tour at Magic Kingdom. Rest of the day wide open.

8/19 - Check bags with Bell Services. Crystal Palace for breakfast (before park opening ADR). Magic Kingdom. Leave after the 3p parade to catch a late flight back to DC. Drop off the kid.

8/20 - Head back to Atlanta, and start planning the trip for 2014!

As you can see, it's not all fleshed out, but I am also trying to hold myself back from overplanning the trip. I learned my lesson last year!

Anyhow, there's my pre-trip update so far!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
I spent today (outside from work) going through our customs checklist with the ex, and other checklists...making sure we had everything needed for the cruise.

We do...it seems, and for the record, for anyone taking someone on a trip who isn't your legal dependent, Disney offers a pdf file on you can download on the Disneycruise.com site that you can email to those you need authorization from (not the only authorization I have, but this is an easy form, and one we'll also fill out just to make port processing easier)...

Two weeks from now I'll be in DC, seeing my kid again and sharing a burger and fries (and some ice cream for her, I don't like ice cream) at Pentagon City...then a day at Magic Kingdom, and off to the cruise...

So, forgive me a shameless video plug...as I'm watching it right now...we had so much fun last year...

It's all becoming very real at this point...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
My kid...I miss her. She is in Hawaii right now...but we still skype.

We finished Beatriz and Ramona tonight.

Not sure what to read to her (or rather with her now that she can read) next...considering Asimov, but I think that's a bit much. Lion Witch and the Wardrobe is probably next...

But, I miss her. I remember when her mom and I were arguing, and she pushed our heads together as a very young kid, and said "just kiss" (she was in my arms)...and she wasn't wrong. From the mouth of babes...

It still breaks my heart to this day...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Packing Time!

So, the next few posts will be about how and what I pack. I know a bit odd to do this in a Pre-Trip report, but I do every time with the hope that others may get some ideas, and I'd love to get ideas from others.

Daypack

I have a daypack I've used for the past few years. It's a SwissGear shoulder slingpack, and I think it's perfect.

9317211937_a469dde76b_o.jpg

I attached a caribiner on the top loop, which allows me to attach it to a beltloop on my shorts for rides. I clip it on, and put the bag between my legs. Works great for rides like Rockin' Roller Coaster and Space Mountain!

I also added a small combination luggage lock to it, and what I like about this pack is that all the zippers zip "upwards"...so you can lock them all together.

It has three pockets, which makes it easy to isolate items / functions.

The contents are:

Rear Pocket (closest to my back)
[ ] Dental Kit (1 bottle of Listerine Spray, 2 Wisp One use Toothbrushes)

[ ] Eye Kit (1 bottle of contact friendly eyedrops, one contact case)

[ ] First Aid Kit (2 anti gas chews, 2 alka seltzer packets, 2 pepto tabs, 4 motrin, 10 princess band aids, 1 portable spray neosporin, 1 portable spray Benydril) I put this in a small plastic box that is a Johnson and Johnson portable first aid kit. Works perfectly.

[ ] One friction powered flashlight (great for during fireworks, or other dark spots...never know when you'll need some light!)

Not Pictured

[ ] Sunglasses

[ ] Spare regular Glasses

[ ] Spare Contacts

[ ] Engraved Disney luggage tag with contact information, in case I lose the bag and someone finds it.

Middle Pocket
[ ] Sony Cybershot DSC-WX50 - This is the camera I got for the 2012 trip, and I loved it. I have a 16 GB SD card in it. It takes 1080 video, and 16.4 Megapixel photos, and what's really nice is that it can take the calls WHILE it's shooting video. Love the camera, and it's coming back this year.

[ ] Hero3 Black - New camera this year. It replaces the Pentax WG-1 I took last year, which was a great camera but limited to 780 video, 33 ft of depth. I have various attachments for it, including the wrist, chest and head attachments. The kid may think I'm a bit of a nerd for wearing them...but the attachments are fantastic for on-ride photos and during experiences, without getting stuck "behind the viewscreen" taping the event. Outside of that, it will function for our waterpark, beach, etc...photos and videos.

[ ] Energizer "Energi to Go" powerpack (model XP4001). There's an internal pocket in this middle pocket that houses this well. I use it to charge my iPhone 5 and Cameras while in the parks. It is compatible with anything that will charge from a USB port, and has two ports, so I can charge simultaneously.

[ ] Targus TG-42TI mini tripod. It's small, but expands to 5 feet in height, and is also lightweight. This is a new addition to the Day Pack since my previous trips. We'll see how it fairs.

[ ] Small bag with charging cords for the iPhone 5 and the Sony Camera.

Not Pictured

[ ] Kids Poncho

[ ] Adult Poncho

For some reason, I can't find our Ponchos from last year. I called the Ex, and she confirmed I didn't send them back with the kiddo by mistake last year, so I'm not sure where they are. So, I'll buy two new ponchos when we get to Disney.

Front Pocket

[ ] A travel pack of Wet Ones brand antibacterial hand wipes (perfect for cleaning sticky fingers after eating a Mickey Ice Cream, or after eating a Turkey Leg while waiting on the 3p parade to start!)

[ ] A Pack of Gum

[ ] One Bottle of Dial Hand Sanitizer

[ ] One Notepad and Pen for jotting notes and playing paper games with the kid in lines

[ ] One Glad Snack Sized baggie filled with Pennies and Quarters for the Penny Machines

[ ] One Glad Snack Sized baggie for holding pins and locking pin backers for Pin Trading

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Electronics Bag / Briefcase

I have a SwissGear briefcase I purchased for my last trip which offers a bit more space. In previous trips I had split my electronics between my smaller SwissGear briefcase and my suitcase. I've since decided I prefer to keep them all together.

9319995428_fc601efdc1_o.jpg

It has 4 pockets, and each one is isolated for a purpose. It also has a neat strip that can be used to slide the bag over the "handle" on my rolling luggage.

9317204951_423c46b00e_o.jpg

Outer Pocket 1

9319981372_81a13102b8_o.jpg

[ ] Passport (new for this trip)

[ ] 2 Bic Mechanical Pencils, 3 Pens, 1 Sharpie "fine point" permanent marker

[ ] Business Cards (never know who you will sit next to on a plane)

[ ] Microsoft Portable Mouse - This is a neat little unit I picked up a few years ago. It folds flat.

9317191313_005504d92e_o.jpg

However it also locks into a place in a "mouse" position, which is neat.

9319982198_52a6c86974_o.jpg

The "wheel" is the grey strip in the middle, and is touch activated. It connects to the computer using a small USB attachment which magnetically attaches to the bottom of the unit.

9317191937_a3e100862d_o.jpg

Middle Pocket 1 (no internal pockets)

9317188787_44b75a48ba_o.jpg

All my chargers and other cables go into this pocket.

[ ] Laptop Charger (something I forgot last trip to Disneyland...not sure how!)

[ ] Sony "N" battery wall charger and spare battery (not pictured)

[ ] Apple iPad HDMI Output adapter

[ ] HDMI Cable (for laptop or Apple iPad). This can be used to connect to hotel TVs, etc, and play things like Netflix, iTunes movies, etc. on the resort TV.

[ ] GoPro to USB data cable (for transferring GoPro movies and pictures to my laptop)

[ ] USB cable for external drives (mentioned later)

[ ] Ethernet Cable. I doubt I'll be using this on this trip, as Disney has gone all Wifi it seems, but I can still hope! Not to mention, for the DC hotels (when I pick the kid up and drop her off), I may need it.

[ ] iPad Charging Kit (USB wall charger and cable)

[ ] GoPro attachment kit in a bag

9317187303_51da9bbe30_o.jpg

[ ] Electronics cleaning cloth

[ ] Charger for the Energizer Power Pack in my Day Pack

[ ] Power Strip

Most of these items are isolated to a Grid-It system, which makes it easy to remove for use, inventory, as well as pack and unpack. There is also a zipper pouch on the back of the system, and that is where I put my bud style headphones.

9319977848_cceccb69ee_o.jpg

Middle Pocket 2 (with internal Pockets)

[ ] Laptop (Acer 11.6" i7-3517U)

[ ] iPad 2 16GB (Wifi only)

[ ] 2 1 TB Seagate drives for backups for archiving movies / pictures daily. One will stay with me, one will go to the ex when I drop the kid off after the trip.

9319979414_1ac24aa99b_o.jpg

Outer Pocket 2

[ ] "The Center"...this is my notebook / center for everything important. It has all my important documents for the trip, plus scratch paper, etc.

9317194027_4341cdd107_o.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
The previous two bags will be my "carry ons". Now, to get into the checked bags!

Laundry Kit

Rather than pack a lot of clothes, I do a 4 - 5 day laundry cycle while there. And that requires a Laundry Kit!

9320066032_23f644a542_o.jpg

[ ] 2 foldable bags
[ ] 1 Tide Speedstick (for stain treatment)
[ ] 20 "All in one" Purex Sheets (allows for 10 loads)
[ ] Cash for change (mixed inbetween the Purex sheets)
[ ] One can of Faultless Premium Starch (not pictured)

Though the contents have changed a bit, here's a video of how it goes together, and how it works.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Personal Items

9320064884_ffff698874_o.jpg

9317242179_a1a85d005c_o.jpg

[ ] Toothpaste

[ ] Toothbrush (I have a Sonicare toothbrush. I find that it can hold a charge for a few weeks, so I will charge it up before the trip, and not bring the charger)

[ ] Listerine Cool Mint

[ ] Cologne

[ ] Deodorant

[ ] Nose / Ear Hair Trimmer (yeah, bit personal, but I'm at the age where those things exist)

[ ] Beard / Goatee clipper (to keep my goatee in line on the trip, it runs off a full charge for 60 minutes, which is more than enough for one trip, so I won't bring the charger)

[ ] Nail clippers

[ ] Tweezers

[ ] Spare Dial Hand Sanitizers to replenish my Day Pack supply

[ ] Floss

[ ] Floss for the kiddo (she likes the stick style one use flossers, and her mom always forgets to pack it)

[ ] Contact case and all in one solution

[ ] Spare contacts (my prescription is different for each eye, so I took them and used a permanent marker to label "left" or "right", then used scotch tape to bind them together into "units"

[ ] Bar Soap in container (I use Dove Men's Extra Fresh) It's smaller and easier to pack than the liquid soap I normally use.

[ ] Spare first aid (10 Unisom sleeping pills, 10 motrin, 5 alka seltzer packets, 5 Anti Gas tablets, 1 tube of portable Pepto-Bismol tablets, 20 centrum, 20 Fish Oil tablets, 20 Vitamin C tablets)

[ ] Spare Wisps one use toothbrushes to refresh my Day Pack

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
I just logged into My Disney Experience, and I have a choice for Magicbands...

I can confirm the delivery address, as well as choose the colors.

It seems that we may be chosen for Magicbands?

I will be calling later today to confirm this...it makes me very nervous.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Yep, I was...

And now I can make FP+ selections.

9320706574_35c89a3b6d_o.png

Step 2 allows me to pick which in my party will participate...

9317916361_a2357992e2_o.png

Step 3 allows me to choose a day.

9320706444_ab2e78198a_o.png

Step 4 lets me pick rides...

My options for our one day trip to MK before the Cruise are...

Small World
Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyears
Celebrate a Dream Come True
Dumbo
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Main Street Electrical Parade
Meet Mickey Mouse
Meet Princesses
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan
Pirates of the Carribean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Barnstormer
Winnie the Pooh
Speedway
Little Mermaid
Wishes Fireworks

I was allowed to choose three, and I chose Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Peter Pan.
9320706360_a602186148_o.png

Step 5, I confirm the times, using one of 4 options...

9320706574_35c89a3b6d_o.png

Step 6, I get a confirmation from the site of my times.

9317916457_826b196d40_o.png

We'll see how it works out!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Called Disney Travel and POFQ Front Desk. They confirmed that Contemporary and Grand Floridian will be doing Magicband and FP+ testing for the period of my trip...that's why I'm eligible for my Contemporary leg of the stay, but not the POFQ leg.

Oh well...

GoalieGirl16

My mom used to sing this to me, as I went to bed...

Two weeks and I see my kid again. She's had a rough summer, one where I've had to discipline her along with her mom (won't get into details, but I'm sure other parents understand)...

It's hard to play bad guy, when you miss her...

This is the song I chose for my father daughter dance at our upcoming wedding reception. I wasn't an easy kid to raise and we had our moments. I can't wait to make this one a good one.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
This is the song I chose for my father daughter dance at our upcoming wedding reception. I wasn't an easy kid to raise and we had our moments. I can't wait to make this one a good one.

That's awesome!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful memory of it.

It's funny, how that works...rough and tumble childhood, and then as you get older, you start understanding that your parents (quirks and all) aren't all that unreasonable.

I think the one thing that has drawn me and my parents closer has been the fact I was finally able to let go of the "teenage angst" (I basically got kicked out of the house at 18 and held a lot of resentment towards that for many years, but I also had a very shallow view of the total situation, looking back with older, wiser eyes) and I was also able to understand them better once I had a kid of my own, and actually had to walk in their shoes instead of being the kid criticizing their every move.

I hope your wedding is beautiful! I'm sure it will be. Congrats!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Magicbands...safe in hand (hey, that rhymes!)

9350455977_36166491d1_o.jpg

I must say...Disney has done a great job reaching out to me and answering questions...with non-answers.

First, I wasn't notified I was participating (by email, or any other method). I only found out because I was reviewing the plans for the post cruise leg of the trip, and happened to notice that I now had access to "customize my bands" and the FastPass+ system.

Not a major gripe (though, I'm glad I found it)...

Second...and this really bothered me...

I asked that they ship it to the hotel, because it was only sprung on me last week that I was participating in a trial (which I am pleased to help out with)...

I have a rather goofy issue with mailing addresses that I won't get into, but lets just say my billing address isn't the same as my residence address which isn't the same as my home address which isn't the same as my legal address (VERY long story)...

So, I run into this already with Mickey Mail, and was prepared for it with MM+ when I found out I was participating.

So, I did a whole bunch of calls to Disney Travel and the Hotel Front Desks when I found out, and after I had made my Magicband choices on the website...

And was given different "shipping addresses" by different CMs and different answers to basic questions about how delivery of the bands would work each time.

The CM at the Contemporary Front Desk said all bands for the Contemporary trial were to be delivered there. This was confirmed by the CM at the POFQ Front Desk, and Disney Travel.

Then, yesterday, Disney actually called ME! I get this random call from a 407 number about 4 in the afternoon (GREAT time to call working professionals, thanks Disney!)...and was asked if I had any questions about the program (which, I don't).

I wish to note, the CM's on all these phone calls were extremely polite and generally awesome with all this, I have NO complaints about their behavior and don't blame the general confusion on them in any way.

Anyhow, the CM on the phone asked if I had any concerns about the upcoming test participation or the system. I informed her I didn't have too many questions about the system, but I did have concerns about receipt of the Magicbands, and would prefer that they be sent to my hotel, rather than whatever mixed up address they may have (as I indicated before, I've run into this before with my Mickey Mail Welcome Packets...in fact it's the only reason why I didn't use Magical Express Precheck in 2010 or 2011, because I didn't realize they had all these issues with billing / shipping addresses.)

Again, note, I go through this already for the past 4 years with every Disney trip regarding the normal Mickey Mail...their systems at Disney are so disparate, so that's gripe #1, but a lasting one that I'm used to working around with persistence.

So, after about a 20 - 30 minute wait on hold (which I will note, the CM came back every few minutes to let me know she was still working on it, extremely professional and polite), I was informed the bands would be delivered to my hotel.

Then, today, I check my email this morning, and I have a "Congrats, your magicbands have been shipped via UPS" email from Disney. So, I begin to worry. I knew already that worst case would be we'd get the ugly gray ones if we missed our package, but I really wanted my blue one, and I know the kid will adore her pink one.

So, I called the number listed for support in the email as soon as I could to try and identify where the bands had been shipped to. Turns out THAT number is for website support. After struggling with their Voice Recognition system which asks me information the Agent will ALSO ask me for (THAT is ANNOYING!), the CM couldn't provide me the address, with another 20 - 30 minutes of combined (note, combined) hold time...couldn't confirm any shipping information outside of the "master" address on my file, which is my billing address, and the wrong address to ship to as I never check the mail there (again, told you that part is a long story)...however, they WERE able to confirm that my bands were certainly NOT being shipped to my Resort.

Not frustrating, except Disney had called me out of the blue the day before and has confirmed by the end of the call that the bands would be shipped to my resort.

The CM on the phone (who was also excellently professional) did quite a bit of "on hold" research for me, but in the end really couldn't help me out.

As it turns out, Disney did ship the bands to the right address (which, thankfully I had confirmed the previous day just to be safe, because I didn't trust that there wouldn't be an administrative SNAFU), so I was be able to get them before my trip which is a week away, but it seemed a complete mess to me.

I'm not complaining about the CMs, but it's quite clear they have to work out some things there...frankly, I think they should just treat them like KTTW and present them at all the hotels. Shipping costs, nondelivery issues (which then, according to the majority of the CMs I've spoken to the past week about this, would leave me with a generic "gray" band), etc are thereby avoided.

But, that's my opine.

Cheers until the next Packing installation (if ya'll don't like those, speak up! I do...I use them as a checklist! <grin>)

HouCuseChickie

You are making me feel really disorganized!;) I'll also be curious to see how the Magic Bands go. I doubt we'll get any chance to test them as our tickets are being picked up at guest services while there...so, I'm going to live vicariously through your band experience. :geek: Totally jealous with some of the options on there. At least the trip is almost here :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
You are making me feel really disorganized!;) I'll also be curious to see how the Magic Bands go. I doubt we'll get any chance to test them as our tickets are being picked up at guest services while there...so, I'm going to live vicariously through your band experience. :geek: Totally jealous with some of the options on there. At least the trip is almost here :)

Packing obsession is just a leftover from Scouting..."be prepared" and all that...

I try to pack what I need, and what may be needed...

HouCuseChickie

Packing obsession is just a leftover from Scouting..."be prepared" and all that...

I try to pack what I need, and what may be needed...

It's the what "may" be needed that gets me in trouble...since I pack like a girl ;) Guys don't have that trouble of trying to decide if you're going to be in the mood to wear your sand colored wedge espadrilles or your blue suede heels with your Moroccan patterned maxi dress.o_O So, I'm prepared...just prepared with the a good chunk of my closet :p I'm sure you can imagine how DH just "loves" how I pack for myself.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Kid is going to go get her braids tomorrow for the trip. I sent mommy the money a few hours ago. The kid normally doesn't keep her hair in braids, rather her mother does it every morning...but when she comes to visit me, we do that because I tend to have a rather hard hand with the pick/brush (not my fault, I am a guy! Though, I do know how to do some basic hair styles (buns, ponytails, basic braids, basic french braids) thanks to having a little sister who is 7 years younger than me...and a daughter...

But, I'm no hairstylist! The mom and I will probably keep that up at least until the kid is old enough for her to care for her own hair...

Kiddo and I both have curly hair. At one point, mine was down to my chin...and it was a mess to take care of.

I did have it conked (straightened) for a bit when I was around 12 or so because I wanted the "skater look"...but that was just worse. It was still fluffy, the undergrowth was obvious, and there wasn't much I could do.

Last year the kid got a cornrow down one side, which she loved, and I hated!...This year I'm not sure what she'll pick.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm hoping she chooses something more like this...

alicia-keys-braids-hg-de_3815.jpg

or this

Micro_Braids.jpg

She has no need for extensions, she has long, wonderful hair. We just do the braids because it is easier to care for.

Less than a week...I can't wait to see her again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom