Engagement Proposal

WDWDelaware

Original Poster
I know everyone looks for Ideas on this forum for the best way to propose to their love one, I am looking for some ideas as well and some answers. This would be my girlfriends first trip to WDW and I want to make it the most memorable trip of her life, as I am sure a proposal will. So to that I have a few ideas:

1. My first idea was to propose to her during WISHES right after it says, "Now lets all put our hearts together and make a wish." I would then drop on my knee and ask her to be my wife. I am planning the engagement on the day of our 33rd month together, I plan this because one of her teachers told her the relationship is true if the love is there after being together for 33 months.

2. My second idea was to do it on the horse and carriage ride they offer; I would purchase the glass slipper and make her feel as the princess she is.

There are a few things that her and I would prefer to the engagement, I know that she would prefer to have a great photo and I would prefer it to be private as I get nervous very easily. I understand that the fireworks over the castle would make for a beautiful photo but then I have to worry about the viewers surrounding. I personally feel as though the horse and carriage would make for a beautiful photo and the privacy, but do you have to stay in the resorts to do the horse drawn carriage and can you get a CM to take a picture for this?

I want to thank whom ever helps me with this in advance it is going to be greatly appreciated.

yodasmith

I wish you luck. However you go about your proposal it will be magical.

I just proposed to my fiance less then a month ago. I planned mine out for months, and I went with a grand but intimate approach. I didn't like the idea of proposing in front of crowds or during the fireworks. The night before I proposed I saw a couple get engaged in front of Cinderella's coach during MNSSHP. I knew an approach like that was not for me.

I'm obviously partial to how I went about my proposal. I planned and had my parents and her parents fly out to surprise her. The morning of the proposal when she was in the shower I met our parents in the lobby of the Polynesian and then showed them where to hang out and how to get to sunset point. When we left our room I gave a quick call to the waiting group. They followed slowly out behind us. When it was time I showed her a picture of me and all our parents in front of the waterfall in the great ceremonial house. The gasp of, "Oh my God!" was amazing. I had her father hand me the ring and the rest was history. After the proposal we had a weekend together as a large family with dinner's and a fireworks cruise at Epcot.

That was my approach. Good luck and have a great time.

WDWDelaware

Original Poster
I wish you luck. However you go about your proposal it will be magical.

I just proposed to my fiance less then a month ago. I planned mine out for months, and I went with a grand but intimate approach. I didn't like the idea of proposing in front of crowds or during the fireworks. The night before I proposed I saw a couple get engaged in front of Cinderella's coach during MNSSHP. I knew an approach like that was not for me.

I'm obviously partial to how I went about my proposal. I planned and had my parents and her parents fly out to surprise her. The morning of the proposal when she was in the shower I met our parents in the lobby of the Polynesian and then showed them where to hang out and how to get to sunset point. When we left our room I gave a quick call to the waiting group. They followed slowly out behind us. When it was time I showed her a picture of me and all our parents in front of the waterfall in the great ceremonial house. The gasp of, "Oh my God!" was amazing. I had her father hand me the ring and the rest was history. After the proposal we had a weekend together as a large family with dinner's and a fireworks cruise at Epcot.

That was my approach. Good luck and have a great time.
Thanks, I just want to make her time amazing, I would love to combined Wishes and the Carriage ride but I am not sure how well she would be able to view wishes that way. I really just want to have the perfect atmosphere and a great photo. She wants to be treated as a princess, I know the carriage ride would do that especially if i got the glass slipper and crown. I want the fireworks to be in the picture though. I also want her to be able to experience wishes as well.

Supergirl7710

CMs have a hard time capturing engagement photos during the fireworks. That was how my fiancee proposed to me and my sister ended up getting a better picture with her cell phone than the CM did with their professional camera xD

WDWDelaware

Original Poster
CMs have a hard time capturing engagement photos during the fireworks. That was how my fiancee proposed to me and my sister ended up getting a better picture with her cell phone than the CM did with their professional camera xD
That is great to know thanks for the information. I overall just want a great photo but I am not sure where to do so. I think the horse drawn carriage would be a great way to do so and there would be some privacy.

Nansafan

My cousin and his girlfriend had always joked that they wouldn't get engaged unless it was at Disney.

So, my cousin proposed during the fireworks in the Plaza Rose Garden just to the right but still in front of the castle. My brother videotaped the proposal and a dear friend snapped pics the whole time. His fiance just thought my bro was taping the fireworks. At the point where Julie Andrews says, "remember, Wishes do come true", Paul whispered into Bre's ear "Do you know what my with is? My wish is for you to be my wife." Then he dropped to his knee holding the ring out. The shocked look on her face was priceless. She then collapsed into his arms. The finale burst behind them. It was magical.

The Plaza Rose Garden area is not too big so there were others there but not a crowd of strangers. There were 10 of us in our group on vacation when he proposed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom