Enchanted Tales: Was the talking cabinet plussed after original concept?

AngieTink27

Original Poster
I remember seeing somewhere on the early concept drawings of Enchanted Tales with Belle a picture of the room where cast is selected, props are handed out, and so on. But in the concept artwork, it shows the CM handing out props from a smaller wooden cabinet rather than the tall talking Ms. Cabinet seen in the final product. Where she now stands, the concept artowrk shows a large framed portrait on the wall, but she is absent. Other details in the room remain similar to what was actually built. So this makes me wonder if the talking Ms. Cabinet was plussed and not originally in the plan for this interactive attraction. Does anybody know which piece of concept artwork I am talking about? It was from early concepts of the Enchanted Tales attraction. If goes to show that Disney still plusses attractions to add incredible details. Ms. Cabinet is a clever AA effect and really adds to the entire experience -imo-. Does anybody know more on the history of her appearance, and if she was originally planned to be part of the attraction or plussed on later to add more detail and immersion.

tl77

You can find the concept artwork I was mentioning here. It is picture number 12 out of 24. As you will see the CM is handing out props from inside a small cabinet and not the talking Ms. Cabinet from the movie and finished attraction.
http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-fantasyland-disney-world-01201118-pg,0,7530730.photogallery#axzz2xClmDuHu

I don't remember seeing this particular image but all of these concept images are few years old. The first image in the series shows the Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty M&G buildings where the Mine Train is now with Pixie Hollow still in Storybook Circus, and pic 17 shows a Little Mermaid bronze statue out in front of the ride, and pic 23 is a very different version of Dumbo...

Things change sometimes from "concept art" to "finished product" but the talking Ms. Cabinet seems like a change for the better to me

AngieTink27

Original Poster
Sorry to be this person but for some reason it's really bothering me…. Madame Wardrobe….not Ms. Cabinet….
Thanks I always forget her name for some reason and have called her "Ms. Cabinet". Madame Wardrobe is a better fit though. :)

Uncle Lupe

In the stage adaption yes, but in the movie she is either just Wardrobe or Mme. Wardrobe. Originally she had a larger role as Mme. Armoire, but that role was basically taken over by Mrs. Potts.
Oh, the stage version was the last one I've seen so that's why it's in my head. She is a great character on stage.

Bairstow

Theory: The wardrobe/Grand Bouche animatronic was added because it's critical to the success of the attraction that the guests be paying attention to the instructions and role-giving at this point in the show.

Using the very tall, loud, and interesting animatronic, rather than simply a costumed CM, probably greatly increases guest cooperation and participation.

MOXOMUMD

Theory: The wardrobe/Grand Bouche animatronic was added because it's critical to the success of the attraction that the guests be paying attention to the instructions and role-giving at this point in the show.

Using the very tall, loud, and interesting animatronic, rather than simply a costumed CM, probably greatly increases guest cooperation and participation.
I think the kids would pay more attention to it more than a CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom