EMH at MK

I see the crowd calenders seem to not recommend a park with EMH but I thought a lot of people enjoy the evening at MK. Hours are not released for my stay but I think they will have one evening EMH till MN and one weekend night open till 11 without EMH. If I'm only doing one late night should I bother with the EMH? I appreciate your suggestions

Gomer

It really depends on your touring habits. Parks with EMH will be more crowded on those days than they will on others, because people will go there for the extra hours. The extra hours themselves will see shorter waits for the rides that are still open. But on a non-EMH day lines will likely be shorter throughout the day. If you plan on staying in the parks late, and highly value the rides that are open during EMH, then it may be worth it to you

I avoid EMH nights, because I have young kids who don't like thrill rides and generally don't make it past 10:00. So to me, I'd rather have the shorter lines throughout the day since the little bit of time I might spend in the park during EMH are of little value to me. I do however partake in early morning EMH, because we are early risers and the rides available in the morning are usually more of the kid-friendly variety (especially at MK).

So, if you sleep late and play late and want to ride Space Mountain a few times at 11:30, then EMH may be for you. Just be aware that at 4:00 as people come to that park in preparation for EMH, the lines may be slightly loner than normal.

Upvote 0

ekutchey

We always go to EMH at MK during every trip. We either do two of one things take the day to sleep in and go to the park later in the day say mid-afternoon, early evening. Or we visit a different park go back to the resort, chill, swim, eat, etc...then head over for EMH at MK. I find the EMH to be WAY less crowd then during normal park hours. And we go in August during all our trips so the parks can be quite crowded.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

MK is our fave park for EMH. All of the crowd calendars and planning tools out there say to avoid EMH, regardless of the park, but we've never seen any major crowd boosts from it. If anything, we've seen the crowds thin out considerably during EMH. Ultimately, if you're paying to stay onsite...EMH is a perk you'd be throwing away if you take the crowd calendar advice. Disney trips cost enough as it is...so why not utilize a perk you're getting by paying the premium to be onsite? I mean, I'd rather get 2 extra hours in MK vs. sitting in my hotel room.

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

Think MK has enough rides open to absorb bigger numbers during EMH. We only did the morning EMH last trip as boys were younger and we got on fine. We're planning to try evening EMH this trip so fingers crossed.
We found morning EMH at AK to be good too. Quiet for the hour and for the two hours after opening. Early EMH at Epcot was ok in that we rode TT twice with no wait then no wait at Mission Space and FP+ Soarin for later. HS early EMH was a nightmare for us. Almost instant queues of 30mins for ToT, RnR and TSMM. So many people and not enough rides to cope.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I ALWAYS target the late EMH's especially when they are scheduled at MK. The crowds dissipate quickly as the evening progresses and the chance of doing multiple rides with extremely small lines are great. As long as you can last through the evening youll have a fantastic time. The CM's get more interactive and are fun to kid with. They get bored as the crowds thin out. And the park takes on a different feel as the night wears on and the park empties. Its also a great time to take photos of areas that are guest free.

Upvote 0

SMS55

If MK has evening EMH it's beneficial if you don't have small children. Crowds start to disperse after the parade and fireworks. We've had many trips where there are EMH till 2-3 am and after about 1:00, the park is empty and we can ride almost the entire park all over again.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

We avoid morning EMH parks and go to MK evening EMH but not for the whole day. We usually tour another park and then head over to MK in the evening to enjoy the later park hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom