ElecTRONica- Announced Opens Oct 8.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...a/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY10Q3DLR_SocMedTwitter0011

As they say in the digital world of TRON, “Greetings, Programs!” Today, we’re sharing concept art that gives you a first look at the new party we’re calling ElecTRONica. I’m told it’s the greatest nighttime dance party to ever rock Disney California Adventure park.
Beginning October 8, the interactive, digital world of “TRON: Legacy” will light up Hollywood Pictures Backlot as we gear up for the film’s release on December 17. This will be a cool opportunity to peek inside the world of this movie, and it’s available only to visitors of Disney California Adventure park.

It’s an “electrifying” experience for the entire family, filled with music, lights and some of your favorite food and beverage, all set amidst the captivating world of “TRON: Legacy!” From a dazzling dance club under the stars to an authentic recreation of Flynn’s Arcade to some radical gaming, it’s like nowhere else on the grid! Each night, we’ll feature live entertainers, complete with lasers, glow accessories and the hottest music ever to rock the grid. ElecTRONica is “the” place to dance the night away in a fantastic world that only Disney can create. Highlights for the entire family will definitely be Flynn’s Video Arcade, face painting and the TRON: Evolution video game area.
ElecTRONica will transform Disney California Adventure park Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays this Fall. TRON fans and families can also enjoy the party seven days a week during Thanksgiving week and Christmas week.
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog, as we’ll be sharing additional details soon, and if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings on ElecTRONica, follow us on Twitter, @Disneyland.

sponono88

Wow, it looks awesome! Looking at the concept art, it looks like they're really going all out by literally dressing up everything in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. The lighting effects sound amazing and new lasers are always welcome! Really looking forward to this.

I like that they're moving a lot of the action into north side of HPB, away from the main street. Flynn's Arcade will be located and the former Hollywood and Dine building, and it looks like the End of Line bar is right next to it as well.

TP2000

That looks impressive. It also looks like they are moving the bulk of the party back in the courtyard by Muppets and Monsters Inc., which should please some of the DCA purists who didn't like the Glow Fest decor left on the street during daylight hours.

Disneyland sure knows how to party, that's for sure.

TP2000

I was really hoping that this was going to be open for my trip later in the month. I'm pretty disappointed.

As is repeated continually by many on the WDW boards, Disneyland is just a little local park serving the city of LA. If something comes up, locals can just reschedule their Disneyland visit to the following weekend when the rehab/new offering/closure/schedule change is more convenient for them. And AP's can drop in for an hour or two whenever they like.

Disneyland is just a little local amusement park, operated for locals only. :lol:

sponono88

Just heard from MiceChatter littlecricket that Off the Page will be selling exclusive TRON merchandise during the event. Also heard there's a few other event features that they haven't announced yet. Not sure what just yet, but it's possible one of those things is the rumored 3D Tron preview in the MuppetVision theater.

EpcotServo

What's interesting is that the main page article lists it as opening September 24th. Click on the full article and it switches back to October 8th. It makes more sense to open it before the first October weekend, and I hope they do so I can see it more than one night, but frankly I'm just knocking on wood every day that it will just be going on while I'm there at all. REALLY excited for it!
:lol: :D

JerrodDRagon

I think they moved the Date back because they want to add more to the event. Like someone else said we the Muppets building will be used for a Tron Trailer (3D), we'll get the arcade and hopefully another attraction added to the event.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
The ElecTRONica set up in now underway,

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2010/09/disney-cali-wall-ia-adventure.html
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1001200445_PNtxw-X3.jpg
1001200445_PNtxw-S.jpg

The wall has been removed, its said that Flynns Video Arcade will be moving in.
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1001203180_3bZSB-X3.jpg
1001203180_3bZSB-S.jpg

It's great to see more of DCA's shuttered buildings being used even if only temporary.

sponono88

The official HalloweenTime website now lists ElecTRONica as one of the attractions coming this fall season -

ElecTRONica

"As you're raising the spirits, charge up with excitement at this TRON celebration that takes over the Hollywood Pictures Backlot after dark! Starting October 8th, step into the computer mainframe and enter Flynn's world, where dance troupes rip up the glowing streets with funky moves that pump up the energy. Grab a refreshing drink at the End of Line bar and play popular games in Flynn's Video Arcade -- all while the party grooves to DJ tunes with black light performances, neon dance flash mobs, and extreme stunt shows!

Stay tuned for more details about this nighttime interactive party for sci-fi fans and families."

JerrodDRagon

^hmmm I hope the Stunt Shows are cool, this really does sound like Glow Fest 10.0, not only will it have dancing but it will have a theme, an arcade, stunt shows and the Tron Trailer pretty cool.

sponono88

A first look at the new marquee for the 3D Tron sneak peek in the MuppetVision Theatre.

TronMarquee.jpg

Hi, I’m Robin Trowbridge, Entertainment Show Director at the Disneyland Resort. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be inviting you to “step into the grid” as I share some of the latest information about what’s happening at ElecTRONica!

As part of ElecTRONica, the new nighttime experience at Disney California Adventure park beginning October 8, we’re excited to share the new marquee for an exclusive 3D sneak peek of Disney’s upcoming film “TRON: Legacy.” Guests will be the first to “rez in” for a special look at the film before it even comes out in theaters on December 17. “TRON: Legacy Exclusive 3-D Sneak Peek” can only be experienced at Disney California Adventure park.

I hope to see you in the Park!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...a/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY10Q3DLR_SocMedTwitter0006

sponono88

DL's CM magazine, the Disneyland Line, has a new article that shares additional info about the upcoming event:

"End of line" is the start of party in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

Starting this fall, the energy at Disney California Adventure Park will rise and the digital world of TRON: Legacy will come alive during ElecTRONica, debuting on Oct. 8. This nighttime party will charge both sci-fans and families with excitement, allowing guests of all ages to step into the TRON universe.

The experience begins as dancers on a multi-level stage in Sunshine Plaza help open the portal to ElecTRONica, as electronic music sets the tone. At nightfall, Hollywood Boulevard will be transformed into a computerized color grid, with light cycles racing across building facades and a mesmerizing audio-visual display assimilating "programs" into this new world. Helpful programs will teach young guests how to toss their own "Identity Disc," a Frisbee that replicates the iconic battle implement from the films.

Following a beckoning laser beam towards the Backlot Stage, guests will discover the party's source of energy, as live DJs spin house and electronic music while dancers throughout the area invite everyone to join in. Specialty performers will entertain with dazzling laser manipulations set to energetic music.

Nearby is Flynn's Video Arcade, a dynamic re-theming of Stage 12 filled with vintage coin-operated games. Outside, guests can compete at the TRON: Evolution gaming area, featuring a hands-on look at the new video game hitting stores this December. Across the Backlot, Muppet*Vision 3-D will offer the TRON: LEGACY Exclusive 3-D Sneak Peek, an extended look at the new movie in theatres Dec. 17, with in-theatre special effects.

ElecTRONica will be offered Friday through Sunday this fall, and nightly duing select holiday weeks. Look for details soon about a special cast sneak preview.

by Adam Earnhart
(C)Disney

sponono88

Going back to the laser manipulation that was mentioned in the article, this new OCRegister article is reporting that Laserman will be handling the laser/light shows for the event. Looked him up on YouTube and here's a preview of his work:

[youtube]XgdbxO7kLkg[/youtube]

[youtube]jRNXXtaS0IU[/youtube]

The article also mentions that, like GlowFest, elecTRONica will begin in Sunshine Plaza - once the sun sets, the party will move to Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

sponono88

Stage setup at Sunshine Plaza

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7094.jpg

Many projectors and lighting equipment being installed

IMG_7099.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

Facade for Flynn's Arcade

IMG_7139.jpg

ElecTRONica dancers took over the stage during a Destination D event

IMG_6407.jpg

sponono88

Disney Parks Blog: LASERMAN coming to ElecTRONica

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ctronica-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

lm234890SMALL.jpg

Hey, everyone! Robin here. By now you have heard that on October 8 Disney California Adventure Park will unveil its all-new nighttime interactive event, ElecTRONica. And, as promised, I am here to share with you another exciting offering that will come alive once you “step into the grid” and into the world of “TRON: LEGACY.”

Each night, guests entering ElecTRONica will be captivated by the incredible talents of LASERMAN.

LASERMAN will demonstrate his unique talents and skill in a stunning performance that combines music, lights, and lasers. Check it out…

I can’t wait for everyone to see this exciting new entertainment offering, and LASERMAN is just a part of what you will experience when ElecTRONica powers up the fun.

Keep your eyes and ears open. There’s more to come…

Oh, by the way, what do aliens, gorillas, and bugs all have in common? Curious? I will reveal the answer in my next post and you’ll see how it all fits in with ElecTRONica.

lm123489SMALL.jpg

sponono88

ElecTRONica opens tomorrow! This new blog entry talks about the recreation of Flynn's Arcade and the classic 80s arcade games you can play inside:

fae011111SMALL.jpg

So, I posted a question last week: what do aliens, gorillas, and bugs all have in common? What if I asked what do Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, and Centipede all have in common? Would that help?

Well, peg those jeans, crimp that hair, and get ready to take a trip back to 1982. Because the answer to the question lies within the doors of Flynn’s Arcade. Yes, before you know it, you’ll be playing TRON and other classic 80s arcade games all night long!

fae003003SMALL.jpg

Very soon, guests will have a chance to relive the days when PAC-MAN was king as our incredibly talented Imagineers at Walt Disney Imagineering have recreated Flynn’s Arcade from the upcoming film “TRON: Legacy” — exclusively for ElecTRONica at Disney California Adventure park.

See the full entry and more pictures here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl.../?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY10Q4DLR_SocMedFacebook0003

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom