Election Day Question

Wilt Dasney

Unless you have a way to access the outside world, you're probably out of luck. Disney prides itself on cutting off the outside, especially within the parks.

I'd suggest calling it an early night and getting back to your room around 9, if you're the type (like me :lookaroun) who considers election night something like Christmas. That's probably when the big picture will start unfolding.

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

There is usually nothing worth knowing till late at night anyway. Just enjoy being away from the awful real world until you get back to your hotel room and turn on CNN.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You'll probably have to wait until you get back to your room. Unless you are at a bar, then they might have it on.

Don't forget to fill out your absentee ballot before you go on vacation!

Upvote 0

coasterphil

Unless you use your phone or try to get info from other guests, no. It's possible that you could get some info from a CM that may have seen an update on tv in the breakroom, but they certainly won't be volunteering that information.

Upvote 0

Highland_Holly

Remember, they won't start calling states until all the polls are closed in the west. Could be as late as 11 EST. You will probably be back from the parks by then anyway. :)

Holly

Upvote 0

smk

Unless you have a way to access the outside world, you're probably out of luck. Disney prides itself on cutting off the outside, especially within the parks.

I'd suggest calling it an early night and getting back to your room around 9, if you're the type (like me :lookaroun) who considers election night something like Christmas. That's probably when the big picture will start unfolding.
It's my Christmas too. I took the day after off work so I could stay up late and watch the results and cry if I have too. If I was at WDW I would watch the results after around 10 PM est and plan a late morning wake up. Maybe I should consider going to the world then, it may take my mind off whatever the results are going to be! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Wilt Dasney

Remember, they won't start calling states until all the polls are closed in the west. Could be as late as 11 EST. You will probably be back from the parks by then anyway. :)

Holly
Unless things are different this year, states are usually "called" as soon as polls close locally and exit polling gives the media outlets a clear idea (in their judgment) of a winner.

Folks out west might prefer to wait until all polls are closed to start hearing results from the eastern states, but that's generally not how it works. :lol:

However, you're probably right that waiting until later to get back to the room would be fine, since there probably won't be an overall winner "called" until western states stop voting, simply because of the number of electoral votes out there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom