Eisner story from MSNBC

Duane

Account Suspended
Goodbye Eisner

It appears that Eisner has lost his magic. I can't wait for the greedy slimeball to be gone. He obviously has no concern for guests' satisfaction and is only worried about making a buck. Walt Disney was not interested in turning huge profits, he knew that if the guests were satisfied they would return along with several of their family and friends to experience the magic that Disney has to offer. In the past few months, I have seen silly cutbacks by reducing park hours and suspending early entry. What amuses me the most is the Disney company saying that these are a result of guests' recommendations and comments, bullcrap! I have decided to cancel all plans for Disney vacations until the fog blows over and the parks return to their original operating hours and services.
Duane

Sketch105

His contract expires in 2006. Lets hope and pray he doesn't try to re-negotiate. :)

I totally agree with you Duane.

A true artist like Walt Disney never let his ego get in the way of making guests happy. If something was not right, it was kept closed till it was corrected! The Swiss Tree House was nearly demolished before it opened because Walt said "I asked for a tree, you gave me a bush!" or something like that.

Eisner and Pressler seem to think that everything they do turns to gold, and try to put a happy face on everything that goes wrong. True artists realize their faults, and you know what they do: FIX THEM!!!! They don't find excuses for what they've done wrong or try to scapegoat the economy, or make "surveys" THAT FIT THEIR AGENDA. That's why they have PR reps: TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD ALL THE TIME.

They can blame everything from the public to the economy, but that does not fix anything.

If artists ran the company, Disney's California Adventure would have been demolished and replaced (or at least drastically redone). But thats a fairy tale ending that won't happen.

Oh, and DISNEY NEVER WANTED TO DO CHEAP SEQUELS TO HIS FILMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Castle Cake Apologist

Re: Goodbye Eisner

Originally posted by Duane
It appears that Eisner has lost his magic. I can't wait for the greedy slimeball to be gone. He obviously has no concern for guests' satisfaction and is only worried about making a buck. Walt Disney was not interested in turning huge profits, he knew that if the guests were satisfied they would return along with several of their family and friends to experience the magic that Disney has to offer. In the past few months, I have seen silly cutbacks by reducing park hours and suspending early entry. What amuses me the most is the Disney company saying that these are a result of guests' recommendations and comments, bullcrap! I have decided to cancel all plans for Disney vacations until the fog blows over and the parks return to their original operating hours and services.
Duane

Guess you won't be going to the World for a while. Have a nice life. :rolleyes:

Lord Alfred

Re: Goodbye Eisner

Originally posted by Duane
I have decided to cancel all plans for Disney vacations until the fog blows over and the parks return to their original operating hours and services.

I can see your point, but to me, not going to WDW at all due to the recent problems would be akin to not going to the museum to see Picasso or Rembrandt just because the last few paintings added to the museum by new artists aren't as good as the old ones. I still want to see the "classics" no matter how bad the new paintings are. I still want to ride PotC no matter how dumb Dino-whirl (or whatever it is) is.

spagmoid

Account Suspended
You didnt mention how they threw away some of the picasso's, and drew a giant Mickey hand on the mona lisa, and now there's graffiti and loud street sweepers roaming the halls..

JLW11Hi

Man, I wish Disney's America was made instead of DCA. it looks like Imagineers had spent a lot of time designing the idea, and then because of budget cuts, they end up with something that doesn't attract anyone. Is it too late to turn DCA into Disney's America?

I never knew Sidney Portieir was on the Disney Board??!!

Merlin

Account Suspended
Wow! At last, some reasonable and open-minded people on this site!! I've been a member for a while now and have never wandered over into this area of threads. I usually just read the general discussion boards on the parks. I routinely get berated by other members because my opinions on such things as DCA are, shall we say, less than glowing. I'll have to start spending more time on this board.

Having said that, I agree 100% that Eisner needs to go. According the MSNBC article, it would cost about $36 million to buy him out of his contract. I always assumed it would be a lot more than that. Paying that amount seems like a lot more sense than to let him continue ruining the company for another 4 years.

A friend of mine, who still works for the company, put it best I think. He said that if you were choking on a dollar bill, Eisner would slit your throat just so he could get to it. How true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom