EE gone October 20,2001?

Flower

Original Poster
Have seen that Early Entry will cease October 20. I have not called Disney directly (it's too late), but this is what I have seen at wdwinfo.com.

The info. was provided on two different threads.

Please forgive me for poking around other sites.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Flower
Have seen that Early Entry will cease October 20. I have not called Disney directly (it's too late), but this is what I have seen at wdwinfo.com.

The info. was provided on two different threads.

Please forgive me for poking around other sites.

I also grabbed this of the mailing list!

I just read this in the REC.ARTS.DISNEY.PARKS newsgroup:

"I just called [Disney's Central Reservations Office] and they told me that
Surpise mornings were finished for ALL Disney parks and resorts as of
October 20, 2001. Oct. 19 is THE last day! Ouch!!! Now, except for the 6$
you save on theme park parking, there is no REAL benefit (especially since
E-Nights are almost non existent also) to staying in a Disney property."

Now, I've still not seen anything official directly from Disney - but this
is pretty close

markymark

I have said something similar to this before. I mean, sure the resorts are wonderful in their own right. But I am sure there are a lot of people who like to stay in Disney property because they can get into the parks early.

I wonder if people will look to staying at some of the bigger hotels / resorts outside of WDW (such at the Hyatt R G C, or the Marriott)

Flower

Original Poster
While it may mean nothing, I called Disney Info. this a.m. and the CM knew nothing about dropping EE. She put me on hold and asked a supervisor who didn't know anything either.

Could be they don't know, or are not to say anything.

OR IT'S NOT TRUE?

I hope it's not true. We do use the EE. Even people who don't get a benefit as they go to the park then with the lesser crowd.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.:hurl:

DisneyFreak

Hopefully this information is false. For the kind of prices Disney wants for their resorts they better have some other sort of benefit in line for their resort guests.

Ariel

It would really be too bad if this happened. I always thought that was one of the best benefits of staying on property. :(

Tramp

Originally posted by Ariel
It would really be too bad if this happened. I always thought that was one of the best benefits of staying on property. :(

Hey....the fish is here.....yipeeeee.....

i will miss the EE also, cuz i depended on it to attract as many guests as possible away from the park I was attending.

Chris

Well said Tramp. I never go the EE park on that day. Try to look on the bright side. If the crowds stay smaller thn usual, you won't need EE to see all of the parks, wait time in lines will be reduced because of the smaller crowds. E nights and EE have evolved as the parks got more crowded. When the crowds come back so will the extra benefits.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I just think this is more cost-trimming by disney until things pick up. Like it was just stated, once it is cost-effective to do so, they will re-instate them.

By if you want my .02 i don't think they'll do away with them.

pumba

So they have gotten rid of e Ticket nights, Early Entry, cut back on the number of shows a day for events like the Lion King and the Hunchback, etc and have closed a number of restaurants and kiosks. Why then am I still paying a fortune to stay on park property? This is the question I have sent to customer relations.

Flower

Original Poster
Pumba,

I have to agree. We have had our trip planned for close to a year. I am trying to keep everything in perspective. I'm lucky to be taking a vacation.

On the other hand, my pre 9-11-01 thought process is telling me I'm getting a heck of alot less for the same high price. From what I'm seeing, I'll be getting very short hours, no EE, no E-ride and only a couple shows per day. The shows will have to be seen on their limited schedule sandwiched between all the rides we want to take in a short touring day! I can't help but be disappointed.

I know we'll have a good time, and will hit the attractions we miss another time. I just feel we are getting the short end of the stick.

Sorry about the rant. I feel better. Oh, oh

:hurl: :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom