Ed Grier Resigns Suddenly

TP2000

Original Poster
This just popped up a few minutes ago on Miceage!

Editor's Note 10/5: Ed Grier, Disneyland Resort President resigned today with the obligatory e-mail mentioning "growth and change in my own family." Almost like clockwork, the average 3 year term of the past four Disneyland presidents expired for Ed this month, 3 years after he arrived. Mostly unseen/unheard for the majority of Anaheim Cast Members, this news isn't providing as much sorrow as when Matt Ouimet left in '06. A replacement is yet to be announced. -Al Lutz

No big loss here. Ed just didn't seem to get the Disneyland gig he was handed out of the blue three years ago. He seemed to be in way over his head.

I wonder who the replacement will be???

The name being thrown around the most at MC for Grier's replacement is Jon Storbeck, the Disneyland VP of Park Operations. Seems Ouimet-like, he started out as an attractions greeter and moved his way up the corporate ladder. One could only speculate that he would have a more hands-on approach to running the parks than Grier, although that's not really saying much.

Another story broken by Al Lutz.

Technically it was first reported by MiceChat user "dmomof4", but was later confirmed by Al and other more credible sources.

worldfanatic

The name being thrown around the most at MC for Grier's replacement is Jon Storbeck, the Disneyland VP of Park Operations. Seems Ouimet-like, he started out as an attractions greeter and moved his way up the corporate ladder. One could only speculate that he would have a more hands-on approach to running the parks than Grier, although that's not really saying much.

Sounds like a winner to me. Gotta love a guy that started on the attractions and climbed from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom