ECV's in the rain?

DMDJ232

We are looking to rent an ECV for the first time this trip. We are looking at the Revo 2.0 Model. What does everyone do in the summer when it rains everyday in WDW? We called the rental company and they told us the ECV can not be in the rain. TIA!!!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We are looking to rent an ECV for the first time this trip. We are looking at the Revo 2.0 Model. What does everyone do in the summer when it rains everyday in WDW? We called the rental company and they told us the ECV can not be in the rain. TIA!!!
My wife uses a Pride Victory and we just put a trash bag over the handle bars part when all the electronics are. We also usually put a poncho over the seat.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I think they have to say that because in theory - the rain could ruin the scooter forever. In reality - I figure they are kind of like your cell phone - mostly waterproof, but not 100% guaranteed to work after being soaked.

My dad just used a regular poncho from Walmart on his trips with us. It wasn't quite big enough, in my opinion - and it didn't really cover the handlebars up front.
My father in law needed a little more - so we rented the sun shade for his ECV (add on accessory) and then purchased a 'mobility scooter poncho' from Amazon for about $20.
The ones from Amazon have a clear plastic portion over the handles so my father in law could see the controls. The combo of the sun shade and the poncho kept him almost completely dry in an afternoon downpour.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We are planning to get a scooter poncho for our trip this Aug. Previously my mom would use clips to cover the tiller with a poncho and then she would wear a poncho. We try to take cover if we can but there are times it’s unavoidable.
1710776262561.jpeg

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

I fly down with my own ECV and purchased a cover for the total ECV and a small, clear cover that goes over the steering, key, “dashboard”. Thankfully, I’ve never had to use the complete cover but have used the control cover…that’s the MOST important part to keep dry.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I fly down with my own ECV and purchased a cover for the total ECV and a small, clear cover that goes over the steering, key, “dashboard”. Thankfully, I’ve never had to use the complete cover but have used the control cover…that’s the MOST important part to keep dry.
Where did you get your steering cover from?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom