ECV/Walker Question

Jenn Finan

OK... so a quick question, I take my 5 year old nephew to Disney pretty much every year and since he uses a wheelchair, I've got that all locked down about what to do, etc. However, this time, I'm going down with his grandparents as well and they will both be using ECV's. Question: what do people do with their walkers once they've rented a scooter at the park? Can they be strapped on or is there a locker of some kind that we could rent? It's a long walk from the car to the rental kiosk so I'd just like to know what other people have done. Thank you very much.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There are loaner wheelchairs in the parking lots you can use to get to the rental kiosks. I'm not sure the large lockers would accommodate one walker, let alone two.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

The loaner wheelchairs are very hit and miss - I wouldn't count on there being one there when you need it.. I've actually seen people use bungee cords to strap a walker onto the back of an ECV ( I guess they couldn't walk at all without one). But if your elders are able to walk unaided for short distances, they can store the walkers at the ECV rental place while they are in the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom