ECV and room request in Wilderness Lodge

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Wilderness Lodge January 2019
I've seen 2 different recommendations for rooms when you have an ECV: near the elevators or ground floor.
Opinions??
FWIW, I am not too concerned about seeing fireworks from my room. I have booked standard view (i.e., parking lot or dumpster), AND it will be January and a bit chilly to stand on a balcony.

DisneyJoe

I've had both with my ECV and have been very pleased with both locations.

Personally, I don't see why it would make a difference with the ECV.

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Well, I didn't either, then somehow got the impression that the ECV was something that should be noted on our reservation. (I haven't done that yet).
That got me to wondering if there was any advantage to one location over another.

This is NOT an issue of an accessible room--it is rather one of standing in a queue and walking the distances required for a Disney visit.

DisneyJoe

Well, I didn't either, then somehow got the impression that the ECV was something that should be noted on our reservation. (I haven't done that yet).
That got me to wondering if there was any advantage to one location over another.

This is NOT an issue of an accessible room--it is rather one of standing in a queue and walking the distances required for a Disney visit.
No need to note it on the reservation, they fit easily in a deluxe room.

Distance from the elevator is no issue for an ECV, but perhaps you don't want your family to walk as far. Being on the first floor would only keep you from using an elevator.

Minnie Mum

I can't see why proximity to an elevator would be a factor with an ecv. A request for a ground floor room might be a good idea for anyone who has difficulty steering their ecv into and out of tight spaces, like elevators, though.

DisneyJoe

I can't see why proximity to an elevator would be a factor with an ecv. A request for a ground floor room might be a good idea for anyone who has difficulty steering their ecv into and out of tight spaces, like elevators, though.
Usually no problem - as long as people are polite and helpful - pull straight in then back straight out - easily 6 inches on each side.

If there was concern about an emergency and using an elevator and the person would have trouble on stairs, then I would ask for the first floor.

correcaminos

Usually no problem - as long as people are polite and helpful - pull straight in then back straight out - easily 6 inches on each side.

If there was concern about an emergency and using an elevator and the person would have trouble on stairs, then I would ask for the first floor.

That was always my aunt's concern. Plus sometimes people aren't nice in elevators so she preferred ground floor in some resorts. WL's elevators aren't on the slow/small side from what I've seen (compared to some others) so I don't think it will matter really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom