Early Park Admission

gardenrooms

Original Poster
Hi, traveling with a little one so we want to make our riding on the big rides as painless as possible for him. I don't want to miss Gringott's, Kong, and FJ. We are staying overnight on site so have early entry (the one morning - don't think I can get anyone else to get there for early entry the first day even though the hotel would give it to us 2 days) and head of line for most of the other rides. Any suggestions for the best strategy? I understand Kong is not eligible but they let early entries line up early, so I imagine we should do one of the others then go get in line? What time should w get to the gates for early entry?

BubbaQuest

I've haven't been there for Kong yet, so not sure of its best strategy.

I know many recommend getting to the gate 20-30 minutes before EPA. I'm not one to stand in line just to not stand in line, if you know what I mean. I found showing up about 5 minutes after the start of EPA was best for me as I could just walk directly into the park. However, this was during moderate/slow times. The only disadvantage is people will already be lining up for general park admission at the front gate, so you'll need to find a employee to make sure they can help navigate you through the crowds to find the only gate open for EPA.

Since you have Express Pass you can skip Minions in the morning. Without express pass, Minions is often a good option during EPA if it is required riding.

If an interactive wand is a required purchase, I like EPA for wand shopping first. You'll be to find a wizard to help with your purchase instead of battling the crowds later in the day.

On my last trip, we were able to do the Ollivanders show, shop and ride gringotts (with a rider swap) in the first hour and then check out the rest of the park as GA was all running to Diagon Alley.

Hopefully others have more info on Kong.

Last edited:

gardenrooms

Original Poster
I've haven't been there for Kong yet, so not sure of it's best strategy.

I know many recommend getting to the gate 20-30 minutes before EPA. I'm not one to stand in line just to not stand in line, if you know what I mean. I found showing up about 5 minutes after the start of EPA was best for me as I could just walk directly into the park. However, this was during moderate/slow times. The only disadvantage is people will already be lining up for general park admission at the front gate, so you'll need to find a employee to make sure they can help navigate you through the crowds to find the only gate open for EPA.

Since you have Express Pass you can skip Minions in the morning. Without express pass, Minions is often a good option during EPA if it is required riding.

If an interactive wand is a required purchase, I like EPA for wand shopping first. You'll be to find a wizard to help with your purchase instead of battling the crowds later in the day.

On my last trip, we were able to do the Ollivanders show, shop and ride gringotts (with a rider swap) in the first hour and then check out the rest of the park as GA was all running to Diagon Alley.

Hopefully others have more info on Kong.

Thank you for your great suggestions. I agree about standing in line to avoid standing in line. At DL we often go in after early entry starts - still enough time to get in a ride on Radiator Springs before the crowds hit but late enough that everyone who had to do that first thing is finished. Good to know it might work here, too, and thanks for the heads up about finding an employee.

Gaston's gal

I would definitely do as much as you can in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade (depending on which side you go into) before the general public is allowed in the park because both sides fill up quickly. You and your little one should have an incredible time and will be grateful for the head of the line privileges as the day goes on. Enjoy!

I was going to inquire about this as well. I don't see us getting in the park on time to take advantage of the early hour entry since our little ones will definitely slow down the process of getting there. Is this something we NEED to take advantage of? We will be there late November/early December. Are any of the Harry Potter rides included in the EP? Thank you!

JoeCamel

I was going to inquire about this as well. I don't see us getting in the park on time to take advantage of the early hour entry since our little ones will definitely slow down the process of getting there. Is this something we NEED to take advantage of? We will be there late November/early December. Are any of the Harry Potter rides included in the EP? Thank you!

No, you don't need to do EPA but like being at the MK for rope drop you can get a lot of rides in before the crowds come in making it miserable. If you are eligible for EPA I urge you to do it but if you come strolling in at 11:00 be prepared to wait in some lines. That time of year is slow so it will not be terrible but I would prefer doing the morning then going back to a pool or other activity while the crowds are there then coming back later in the day to ride some more. Makes for a relaxing enjoyable experience rather than fighing to stand in line all day.

lebeau

If you have little ones who will want to ride Minion Mayhem, prioritize that. It has longer lines than the HP rides.

Thank you guys for the great advice. I think we will try to at least get one early day in to experience the 'must do's.' What time do you feel we should leave our hotel by? (Staying at PBH)

JoeCamel

If EPA is at 8am then you want to be to the gates at least 15 mins before than. Lots of others on the water taxi so I would be at the dock by 7:15

It stinks because we are staying at PB and doing CL. Breakfast isn't even served until 7:00. You'd think the hotels would work together with the parks :cool: we can probably choke down breakfast and be out the door by 7:30. Might be the closest we'd come to an early morning. Thank you again for everything!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom