Early morning breakfast at Be Our Guest

KSquared

I have had the most amazing advice from everyone so I thought I would throw out another question.

I would love to hear how you would plan this out on your own trip.

My fiance and I will be on our honeymoon at the end of June. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for a week. After some necessary rearranging, I got 8:05am reservations for Be Our Guest on June 26th. This is our 'relaxing day' so our only goal of the day is to have breakfast and stroll around Magic Kingdom. What would your advice be for getting to our reservation? And what time should we be there?

Thank you in advance!

littleroo

The buses may be running but we usually take a taxi to be safe. You will love being in the park early when no one is around. After breakfast head to the back of the park and you will be first to ride! Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
What would your advice be for getting to our reservation? And what time should we be there?

I would take the boat from WL to MK. Plan accordingly and get there before 7:45 am, (so maybe head out from the room around 7 to leisurely walk to the launch and catch a boat). Head to the left side of the MK entrance as this is currently (or was in December) where they let you in around 7:45-7:50 when they get the "all clear" from ops. Then get your pictures taken from few photographers while going down Main Street USA and in front of the castle (best time of day for not having people in the shot:).
Assuming they don't change park hours and open early (at 8), it should just be you, your husband and the others that have reservations at CP, CRT, or BOG.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

What would your advice be for getting to our reservation? And what time should we be there?
Disney Buses start running in time to get Resort guests to the parks in time for the earliest ADR.
You should be at the bus stop in plenty of time for your journey. As there isn't a set time that the buses will turn up, I'd be at the stop a full hour before your reservation to be sure

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As a frequent WL guest, I recommend taking the bus (closer to WLV than the boat dock). Be at the bus stop no later than 7:15 a.m. It is a direct ride to MK and takes less than 5 minutes, so even if you have to wait 20-25 minutes for a bus (very unlikely) you will make your ADR.

Upvote 0

KTM1799

I second Tuvalu, the boat is a fun relaxing way to travel, but when up against a time slot I go with buses. On several occasions the boat has been slotted behind other boats docking at MK for us, a few times for 10-15 mins as the other boats unload/load.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

OK- I still have nightmares about some of our early morning bus issues at WL. Our morning bus waits on good days were in the 20-25 min range, but the worst-48 min when trying to get to Crystal Palace for an 8:10a ADR. Yeah- we probably should have had cash on us for a cab. I do have a more relaxing option for you that won't cost you extra and seems to be more reliable. While the boats directly to MK usually don't start running until about 8am, I believe the boat to the Contemporary starts running around 6:30a. I would take the boat to the Contemporary and walk t MK.

Sorry...I know some people have stayed at WL with no issues, but this was our experience and not going to sugar coat it.

Upvote 0

KSquared

Original Poster
Thank you for all of your responses!

I am worried for this exact reason! I do not want to be late, since that very much defeats the purpose of an early reservation!
OK- I still have nightmares about some of our early morning bus issues at WL. Our morning bus waits on good days were in the 20-25 min range, but the worst-48 min when trying to get to Crystal Palace for an 8:10a ADR. Yeah- we probably should have had cash on us for a cab. I do have a more relaxing option for you that won't cost you extra and seems to be more reliable. While the boats directly to MK usually don't start running until about 8am, I believe the boat to the Contemporary starts running around 6:30a. I would take the boat to the Contemporary and walk t MK.

Sorry...I know some people have stayed at WL with no issues, but this was our experience and not going to sugar coat it.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you for all of your responses!

I am worried for this exact reason! I do not want to be late, since that very much defeats the purpose of an early reservation!
If you are that concerned, be at the bus stop at 6:45 a.m. (Buses begin running at 6:30). You will probably have to wait awhile outside the MK turnstiles, because guests aren't admitted that early. But if you are more comfortable already being at MK very early, then go for it.

Do not take a taxi, since a taxi will only get you to the TTC and you would still need to take the ferry or monorail (which don't always operate as early as the buses.)

And unless you know FOR SURE that the boat to the Contemporary opens at 6:30 a.m., I would not risk that walk to the dock.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Sorry- I said the launch for the Contemporary is 6:30, but it's 6:45. I think my brain was thinking time of first buses...which I'd also check at the front desk b/c some resorts are 6:30, but I remember AKL being 6:45...and I'm not 100% if WL is a 6:30 or 6:45 for bus. Here is where I got the boat info...

http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/transportation

TR%20(11).medium.JPG

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom