Early entry with CRT or CP

cpryddie

Original Poster
Hi

I'm not going until July next year but am wondering what details everyone can offer.
I'm going to ask my girlfriend if she'll marry me, but being quite an unimaginative guy and having never been before I don't know what is best to do.
She says she wants it in the MK, but I don't know if it's best to do it early in the morning so she can be excited the whole day and have truly the happiest day ever, or if I do it as we're leaving, after/during the fireworks.

I thought if we got an early breakfast reservation, there wouldn't be many people in the park so I could do it in front of the castle, which would look really good in the photos, or at the bottom of main street. I know she has always liked the idea of doing it by the wishing well with the castle still in view. My main concern here is that there will be no photopass photographers around to capture it as it will be before the main park opens, or even if we could get to stand by the wishing well at that time before the park is properly open.

I have also considered the be our guest restaurant, but this seems very crowded. And also wondered if I could do it in the pixie meet and greet place where she went to meet tinkerbell, her favourite, but again crowds are the issue here.

The wishes dessert party, she has mentioned, but I don't know how crowded this would be either or what time it would go on to.

She's always wanted it to be personal, thoughtful and mostly just the two of us, but that seems near impossible at disney. We are also only spending the one day at the MK which is the first day there too.
We are staying off site, and travelling with her parents, who would be driving to the park that day too.

If anyone has any details or any other suggestions please respond! I'm just trying to plan it perfectly so thought best get a head start.

Sweet Melissa

Do it early. Otherwise there will be a ton of magical moments throughout the day that she won't enjoy because she knows a proposal is coming. She'll think, "is this it?", and then be a little let down when it isn't.

Have your breakfast at CRT in the morning, but don't propose there. After breakfast, leave the castle and find a quiet spot. My votes go to the wishing well off to the side of the castle, the rose garden (which is also to the side of the castle near the swan boat landing and the entrance to Tomorrowland), or the Rapunzel area in new Fantasyland. Very pretty, but near restrooms so probably busier than the first two locations.

The benefit to the rose garden is that there are often PhotoPass photographers stationed nearby who might be able to capture the moment. You can ask the photographer to take your picture, then drop to one knee.

Most importantly, after you pop the question, march her back up Main Street and go to Guest Relations. They'll give you both "Just Engaged" buttons and the cast and guests will be congratulating you for the rest of the day.

swimmom

The dessert party is not super crowded. The is a photopass photographer set up to take pictures with the castle in the background before Wishes starts. If you let the photographer know you are proposing, you could get her reaction captured in photos.

cpryddie

Original Poster
That's great she loves Tangled too, there is just so much to consider, but I like that idea of doing it just after breakfast, it is still early enough in the day then too! Thanks

I seem to remember seeing some Photopass photographers around the park when I was in there, about 45 minutes before it opened. I could be wrong, though.
I agree with everyone else, you should do it in the morning! Personally, I think Main Street would be cute.

Disvillain63

The photopass photographers were in the park on Main Street and in front of the castle just 2 weeks ago when we entered before opening.

Allygator

On my last trip we were in the rose garden at MK waiting for the fireworks. There's a photopass photographer there. When the fireworks started I notice this guy proposing while the photographer was taking pictures. Well I pretty much didn't see any of the fireworks. :)

75disney

You are very sweet and thoughtful. No matter where/ when you do it, it will be a magical moment. That being said, I suggest doing it first thing in the morning. You will be nervous and you don't want to have to worry about the ring and the perfect moment all day. CRT is much better then CP so I would make ADRs for there to celebrate afterwards. Book the dessert party so you can celebrate again (with her parents perhaps). If you would like help planning the moment and have questions about photographers, contact the Disney wedding planners. They assist with proposals.

dreamfinder

There are plenty of photopass photographers on Main Street before the park officially opens. Not quite as many as during normal hours, but we had no problems getting 3 or 4 sets of pictures from different photographers.

Pretty certain you won't be able to get to the wishing well at that time. You will be contained to Main Street, the Hub, and the areas needed to get to CRT and CP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom