Early admission?

mishel635

Original Poster
Does anyone know when Universal normally posts the schedule for which park is opening early? I've been checking every day for our trip on April 13-14 but it still isn't posted.

Should I expect it to be IOA one hour early since that is what the early park admission is for the month before? Or do they often switch it up?

Thanks! We are going to Universal for the first time in 23 years and Im feeling clueless!

BubbaQuest

It is weird they haven't updated their schedule yet. I think Volcano Bay is throwing everything off!

IOA is the norm in the off season, However, for Easter/Spring Break, it's more likely both parks will be open for EPA. You can try calling Uni Guest Services to see if they have more info.

rushtest4echo

They do switch up early admission quite a lot depending on time of year and expected crowds. Sorry I can't be of assistance on those specific days, but yes it changes often and seemingly randomly sometimes.

mishel635

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I called this morning and got the scoop and the person I spoke with said the early park admission hours for April 13 and 14th were 8 AM at Islands of adventure only.

However, I'm hoping that this is right instead-

since it says that both parks are open at 8 AM on those days!

I guess I will just have to keep checking. We are getting so excited for our first trip. Not sure if the kids are more excited or I am!

Thanks again!

rushtest4echo

Keep in mind that "early park entry" is false advertising for all of the park except Potter and the entry area stuff. :( We ended up at guest relations asking why they advertised early park admission without really stating that this meant two or three rides were open (this is explained on the website and other literature, but calling it early park admission is way misleading). This is the case at both parks. Happy to have the early entry, but it seemed sort of scammy and vague to call it early "park" admission instead of early access to selected attractions.

What's funny about the whole deal is that they used to (and might still) open much of the front of the park early when it's crowded for everyone anyway. Back in the day, Marvel Island, Seuss Landing and much of the front of Studios opened to everyone 30-45 minutes before park opening- rides included. It's now a "bonus" for hotel guests and AP's that's been sequestered to a couple of rides. Does anyone know if they still toss the gates open early for everyone when it's crowded? I know the Japanese parks (Disney and Universal) open to everyone up to an hour before the posted opening time- the entire parks just open at 7:15 or 7:00 AM when an 8:00 opening is posted!

Last edited:

fosse76

Keep in mind that "early park entry" is false advertising for all of the park except Potter and the entry area stuff. :( We ended up at guest relations asking why they advertised early park admission without really stating that this meant two or three rides were open (this is explained on the website and other literature, but calling it early park admission is way misleading). This is the case at both parks. Happy to have the early entry, but it seemed sort of scammy and vague to call it early "park" admission instead of early access to selected attractions.

No, it's not. Early Park Admission means you get to enter the park early. There is nothing that implies the entire park is open, or even that a few rides would be open. Also, guests who qualify for Early Park Admission are informed of this perk at check-in, via email, and the website. It is not left vague at all as to what is included.

trr1

I wish they would do late night hours for resort guests only where they stay open for 2 extra hours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom