earliest I can book a DVC property as a standard paid hotel room?

md0u80a2

Hi all,

I may be getting the opportunity to come to florida next december 2014 for a conference

I had a quick look on the WDW uk website and no DVC properties show - we look OKW and I wondered, is this availability being poor for the first 2 weeks of december, or do they not release them until the home guests get a crack a certain number of months before (and if so, when is this)

thanks so much

Md0u80a2

md0u80a2

Original Poster
But what about booking as a standard hotel room through Disney - should this be availed now and is sold out or does this not become availed until 11 or 7 months?

Thanks

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

DVC rooms are different. DVC only owns a certain number of points that can be used as cash bookings. (What you are trying to do) Those don't correspond to a given night, just a percentage of the overall points at the resort. As members convert their points to RCI stays, use them on the cruise line, etc those points then come to Disney to be used for cash bookings. In order to ensure that owners are able to book, you shouldn't be able to do cash bookings until at least the 11 month point, and possibly sometime after the 7 month point. I don't know the exact time, but owners get first crack. As a note, early December is a very popular time for DVC owners to go. It is a low point usage period, and you still can get all the Christmas decorations. So you may have limited selections for cash bookings.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I believe non-owners don't get access until inside 11 months and even then it can be quite limited; availability may open up a bit more inside the 7-month window. As travel agents, we've hit this issue a few times for our clients.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Dreamfinder is correct. Booking a room at a DVC property through the Disney site is essentially Disney renting out their own points. Since they have the same limitations for "usage" of those points that DVC owners do, they can't offer them until 11 months out.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom