DVC Request

RunnerEd

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there is anything set up to send a family to WDW with a sick parent. Sort of like the Make a Wish Foundation but for an ill adult. I know of a family that the Mom is fighting cancer who has 2 little ones (boy and girl, both under 8) that have never been to WDW. My family and I are already out of points for the year and we have a September use year so we're 11 months out from new points. Does DVC itself have points that it could donate for them to stay for a few nights in a Villa (studio or 1 BR would be fine)? If you know of any way to help, please post below or PM me. Thanks in advance everyone.

Phonedave

Does anyone know if there is anything set up to send a family to WDW with a sick parent. Sort of like the Make a Wish Foundation but for an ill adult. I know of a family that the Mom is fighting cancer who has 2 little ones (boy and girl, both under 8) that have never been to WDW. My family and I are already out of points for the year and we have a September use year so we're 11 months out from new points. Does DVC itself have points that it could donate for them to stay for a few nights in a Villa (studio or 1 BR would be fine)? If you know of any way to help, please post below or PM me. Thanks in advance everyone.

I doubt it. DVC does retain points as required by law, They are called breakage points. If they rent these points out (as cash rooms) then the money is used to offset member dues. I don't think DVC could decide to "give away" points because technicaly it is taking money from the members.

They may be able to transfer the amount of the rental cost from some non-member effecting account (advertising for example) to cover the cost of the room, but as far as "giving away" points I don't think so.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom