DVC noob question

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Hi all.
We are going on our honeymoon in a few weeks and we are staying at VGF on rented points. We have been to the world several times but never DVC. We have also never used the on-line check in.
So my question is where do we go?
We did do the online check in so theoretically we shouldn't have to check in in person right? Is there any reason to go to the main building or do we go right to the DVC building?
Thanks!

lostpro9het

So my question is where do we go?
Assuming you have your linked magic bands in hand you will go to the room# that is sent to you via text.
We did do the online check in so theoretically we shouldn't have to check in in person right?
Correct.
Is there any reason to go to the main building or do we go right to the DVC building?
Absolutely! If you arrive early and you have yet to get a text with your room # go to the front desk and inquire. We've found more often than not our room was magically ready when we went to the desk even though we did not receive the text. If your room is not ready, they may be able to tell you what room you will have just so you will know ahead of time.

Ill be honest, we do online check-in every time but I have ZERO faith in Disney IT ability and always go to the front desk when we arrive if we have not received the room text.

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Assuming you have your linked magic bands in hand you will go to the room# that is sent to you via text.

Correct.

Absolutely! If you arrive early and you have yet to get a text with your room # go to the front desk and inquire. We've found more often than not our room was magically ready when we went to the desk even though we did not receive the text. If your room is not ready, they may be able to tell you what room you will have just so you will know ahead of time.

Ill be honest, we do online check-in every time but I have ZERO faith in Disney IT ability and always go to the front desk when we arrive if we have not received the room text.
Thank you! Does the DVC check in process still happen at the main lobby?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thank you! Does the DVC check in process still happen at the main lobby?

No the VGF have their own check in area if during the hours listed above. We never checked into the main building at GF. And we last stayed there in 2013 and checked in at the VGF building and they are still currently doing so. :)

Tom

Beta Return
Be careful staying there.....you might never want to stay anywhere else, and that can become an expensive habit. We've stayed in the GF villas twice, using points, and love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom