dvc disneys broadwalk villa

patch553

Original Poster
hi we have been lucky to get a request granted to stay at broadwalk villas in one bedroom studio standard view for 4 nights in feb next year. We cant wait as hubby has always wanted to stay at broadwalk but could not afford it but thankyou to davids dvcrequest we have been granted a wish to stay there. my question is can you please give me some info what the studios are like and roughly how long a walk to get to epcot and espn bar. thankyou

Tom

Beta Return
Here's the Studio floor plan:
Bw-5-studio.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Here's an aerial view of the Boardwalk area, and Epcot's back entrance. It's maybe a 5 minute walk to ESPN Club (Blue circle), depending on where your room is in the Boardwalk (Red). Then maybe another 5 minutes to the International Gateway (Yellow path), which is the back entrance to Epcot.

map.jpg

patch553

Original Poster
Here's an aerial view of the Boardwalk area, and Epcot's back entrance. It's maybe a 5 minute walk to ESPN Club (Blue circle), depending on where your room is in the Boardwalk (Red). Then maybe another 5 minutes to the International Gateway (Yellow path), which is the back entrance to Epcot.

View attachment 86994
thankyou that is brilliant

Rob562

View attachment 86994

One thing to be aware of, the rooms circled in red are *not* Standard View rooms at the Boardwalk Villas. Those are all either Boardwalk, Water or Garden views.

Standard villas are down the wing that's out of the photo toward the upper-right, generally facing the entrance driveway and/or parking lot. While this puts you a lot closer to the Studios if you're walking there, it adds to the distance needed to get to Epcot or the restaurants on the boardwalk itself.

Edit: Found this photo online with the views marked. (Epcot is off the upper-right of the photo, Studios are at the end of the canal off the bottom of the photo) So you *could* get a Studio right by the lobby, but you might get one at the end, too....

BWVViews.jpg

-Rob

Last edited:

EOD K9

Last year I stayed at BWV and we had the very last room on the first floor. Once you got to the boardwalk itself, the walk wasn't bad, but at the end of the day, walking from SSE back to the room was a hike. It is still convenient though. Enjoy your stay!!

JohnWD

We love the BWV and stay there every year! Enjoying a chili dog (no longer on the menu, but just ask) and a beer while watching a game at ESPN is a time honored tradition! Enjoy!!!

slappy magoo

hi we have been lucky to get a request granted to stay at broadwalk villas in one bedroom studio standard view for 4 nights in feb next year. We cant wait as hubby has always wanted to stay at broadwalk but could not afford it but thankyou to davids dvcrequest we have been granted a wish to stay there. my question is can you please give me some info what the studios are like and roughly how long a walk to get to epcot and espn bar. thankyou

No big deal but there's a difference between a one bedroom villa and a studio villa. There are no "one bedroom studio" units.

I'm only bringing this up because, if you booked a studio (which is about the size of a regular hotel room) but thought you were getting a one bedroom villa (where the bedroom is separate from the rest of the living area, plus you get a full kitchen, a whirlpool tub and laundry facilities) you probably wouldn't be too happy once you got there.

patch553

Original Poster
No big deal but there's a difference between a one bedroom villa and a studio villa. There are no "one bedroom studio" units.

I'm only bringing this up because, if you booked a studio (which is about the size of a regular hotel room) but thought you were getting a one bedroom villa (where the bedroom is separate from the rest of the living area, plus you get a full kitchen, a whirlpool tub and laundry facilities) you probably wouldn't be too happy once you got there.
thankyou yeah I described it wrong yeah was expecting the first option you said so will be all good hopefully

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom