DVC coming to disneyland

addidisney

Original Poster
Hey,

I was just reading on another disney website, that Disneyland is getting a DVC resort real soon. Does anyone know if this is true?? I am a DVC member myself, I would definitely buy into Disneyland DVC resort!!!:sohappy: Does anyone know anything about this???

Thanks,

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have not seen anything about this in the information we get regularly from DVC. The only thing I could imagine them doing at DL is adding DVC villas to the existing resorts on property. I dont think DL has the room necessary to build a resort on the scale of those at WDW. Plus, at most DL is a two day resort, three if you stretch it. I dont see how DVC would be feasible at DL, other than allowing DVC members with home resorts at WDW visit DL...

wild01ride

As far as I know, there are no plans to "add" a DVC resort.
However, DVC has been selling timeshare interests in Disneyland since at least January (there were "Have you heard Disney's best kept secret?" posters as of Jan. 2006).
Additionally, I was able to use DVC discounts there for just that reason - the information is listed on the DVC Members website including point charts, discounts, etc.

Magic Maker

This question has been asked many times on this forum.

I have two answers for you.

If it wasn't worth it we would not have 100,000 + memberships covering approximately 300,000 + individuals.

Now has never been a better time to look into it. DVC will be growing soon. Get it now while the current price stands.

My parents and I have been members about a year, I have been a DVC Cast Member over a year.

Magic Maker

Not sure what is planned for DL, but don't hold your breath right now.
There are lot of unknwons at this point.
All eyes are on the next DVC Resort - AK Lodge, woo hoo.

drnilescrane

There definatly is a maket for DVC in California, albeit probably a small one, considering there is a sizable amount of people who live on the West Coast who visit annualy, as well as Californian Residents who make overnight weekend trips.

Magic Maker

Definately... when I was working there for two weeks, it confirmed it for me that there is a great market out there. We would not have put a sales presence out there is there wasn't.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas are an amazing addition, but I have a feeling that there is more on the horizon.

slappy magoo

Seems to me that, with space already at a premium at and around the parks, the only way they could really build a DVC resort at DL is to either convert some of the existing rooms in Disneyland resorts into DVC rooms, OR buy up some of the other nearby, non-Disney resorts, tear them down and then build DVC resorts there.

I'm not sure how feasible either of those options would be.

I'd also be concerned about satisfying any demand DVC at DL would generate. For as sure as I am that most people here would rather go to WDW than DL, there would still be plenty of people curious enough to go to DL one year every so often, to compare and contrast. And with over 100K memberships already, I'd think the first few years (at least!) would be filled with people who are currently members trying to get in at the 7 month window.

Personally, I'd be kinda happy if they just reduced the amount of points necessary for current DVC members to stay at the DL resorts, though I also understand why they don't.

Jathanis

Possible DL DVC rumor source?

I believe the rumor in question is addressed in this article:
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al091206a.htm
Very bottom of the page, regarding Jay Rasulo's visit to DL a month or two ago: "...replacement of the Disneyland Hotel, the expansion of the Grand Californian Hotel, the placement of the first Disney Vacation Club property in California..."

It has to do with the fact that John Lassiter is taking over Walt Disney Imagineering's direction for DL, and the fact that he is good friends with Bob Iger. The insiders currently have it that he has nearly secured $650 MILLION to remake DCA, and two big parts to that (down the road, after he fixes the park itself) are a new hotel like the Grand Californian and a DVC resort. One hot rumor is that they may build the new hotel, level Paradise Pier, and build the DVC resort there. As a CA resident who bought into DVC as much for being able to stay in the Grand CA and take the cruises as going to WDW, I'd LOVE a CA DL DVC resort!

And bravo, chappy! I go at least once a year, and most of the time a 5 day trip just feels to short by the end of the fourth day! Two days to do DL is way too short!

Sorry for the long first post, but I was inspired! Enough lurking! :wave:

slappy magoo

Sorry for the long first post, but I was inspired! Enough lurking! :wave:

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the info. Don't be offended if your post doesn't generate a lot of replies, the DVC section of the forum is not one of the most-trafficked, know what I mean?

crazycalf

I would love it if they added a DVC in DL.
You do need more than 2 days for DL resort. Plus there are all the area attractions. People go to Vero Beach and Hilton Head and there are no Disney parks there.

drnilescrane

I would love it if they added a DVC in DL.
You do need more than 2 days for DL resort. Plus there are all the area attractions. People go to Vero Beach and Hilton Head and there are no Disney parks there.
Trust me - 2 are not enougth. I would say 3 min - 2 1/2 for DL and 1/2 for DCA.

wild01ride

I don't know...I guess it depends on how hard-core you are!

I had the pleasure of visiting DL with absolutely no preparation or pre-planning thanks to a business trip nearby that dropped me within ten miles of Anaheim with a free Saturday. I was there for park opening, hit basically everything with the exception of some of the Tomorrowland attractions, hit some of the attractions (PotC and HM:Holidays) six or more times, caught Fantasmic and would have seen Dreams Come True except that it was cancelled due to "high winds aloft". Overall, I think that I could have "done it all" in one day if I hadn't stopped to just look around, relax and take about 600 pictures throughout the day. Needless to say, it was a LONG day - not typical, but possible!
As for DCA, I didn't go, so I can't comment on it!

Personally, I'd be kinda happy if they just reduced the amount of points necessary for current DVC members to stay at the DL resorts, though I also understand why they don't.

They did, for 2007. I went to DL in August with another DVC member who has about 700 points (of which she doesn't really use) and hoped to convince her to use her points for a hotel for us.....it was just oo expensive. They are going down in January, however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom