DVC Beach Club for first timer!!

goodanu

Original Poster
We just reserved the BCV one bedroom for our first DVC booking. Is this a good first choice? We had BLT, BWV, WLV also available.
Also can anyone here confirm that the BCV sleeps five. The DVC CM said it did but the website says they sleep four.

3-15-2012 BTW

Pioneer Hall

The Beach Club is a great resort, so I can't see you going wrong with the choice. I thought the beach club 1BR villas only slept 4. However, any of the 1BR villas can technically sleep 5. Usually in those cases if they don't sleep 5 on paper they don't give you anything for that extra person (dishware, towels, etc). Might want to call and double check, they could have changed sometihng that I don't know about.

Monorail Lime

One bedroom villas at the newer DVC resorts sleep 5 people. Older DVC resorts, such as Beach Club, are having sleeper chairs added so that they too can sleep 5 people of any age.

It's possible that the website hasn't been updated or there are still some 1BR units that have not been refurbed yet.

goodanu

Original Poster
One bedroom villas at the newer DVC resorts sleep 5 people. Older DVC resorts, such as Beach Club, are having sleeper chairs added so that they too can sleep 5 people of any age.

It's possible that the website hasn't been updated or there are still some 1BR units that have not been refurbed yet.

Ok so I called member services and there are no sleeper chairs in the BCV rooms. As Evan stated they will permit the fifth guest on the reservation but will not supply linens for that guest. You may bring a sleeping bag or bedding yourself if you like. BLT OKW and there may be one more resort that does have the sleeper chair in the one bedroom villa.

Lime, if I'm being misinformed feel free to let me know. I was told the living area in the BCV one bedroom villa is too small to accommodate the sleeper chair.

Pioneer Hall

Ok so I called member services and there are no sleeper chairs in the BCV rooms. As Evan stated they will permit the fifth guest on the reservation but will not supply linens for that guest. You may bring a sleeping bag or bedding yourself if you like. BLT OKW and there may be one more resort that does have the sleeper chair in the one bedroom villa.

Lime, if I'm being misinformed feel free to let me know. I was told the living area in the BCV one bedroom villa is too small to accommodate the sleeper chair.

The other resort that has them is Kidani Village. I had heard similar things that Beach and Boardwalk 1BR villas are too small to accommodate the chairs. Not sure if they are planning on putting them in at Saratoga though. From what I know you currently have the correct information.

We stayed with 5 at BCV this summer. Yes, you can do it (I was told they allow it for DVC but not for "regular" cash). No problems with getting DDP as long as everyone is listed on the reservation. The room is too small for a chair...but my kids are all young enough that they all shared the bed. There is only 1 bathroom. They do provide enough towels. Although it is listed as linens for 4, there are more than four towels in the room. Between what is provided and doing laundry,we had no problems there.

Better for the price is AKL-Kidani. Two full bathrooms, a sleeper chair, and more room overall. BLT also had plenty of room same amenities as AKL-K. We are headed to OKW next month so we will get to see first hand how that compares!

Oh...and we really like the pool at AKL-K. Yeah, BCV has the sandbottom (which is why we stayed a couple of days there), but I actually found the sprawling layout a little overwhelming with young kids. Get to the AKL-K pool and be one of the first to open the slide in the morning and there just might be a little extra magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom