DVC Associate Question

MassScott84

Original Poster
So I've seen answers both ways on this topic. I understand that as an Associate on a DVC Membership, we are not entitled to any DVC discounts. However, my question is regarding Top of the World. Are DVC Associates able to go up to the lounge?

tjkraz

Best answer I can give you is: probably.

"This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Magic Band or Key to the World card with a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's Magic Band or Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership."

See bolded text above. I ASSUME that any villa reservation made with DVC points gets this "Disney Vacation Club membership notation", thus a MagicBand should be sufficient to gain lounge access. But associates don't have cards so if the MB notation isn't present, technically they can deny admission.

Tom

Beta Return
Best answer I can give you is: probably.

"This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Magic Band or Key to the World card with a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's Magic Band or Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership."

See bolded text above. I ASSUME that any villa reservation made with DVC points gets this "Disney Vacation Club membership notation", thus a MagicBand should be sufficient to gain lounge access. But associates don't have cards so if the MB notation isn't present, technically they can deny admission.

I concur. Someone staying in a DVC villa, using DVC points (whether theirs or rented), is considered a "member or their traveling party".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom