Duplicate EPCOT and Animal Kingdom?????

WEDway1975

Original Poster
I don't know if I post this in the right place but if I didn't sorry!

While online looking at new info on Shanghai Disneyland I found this post about two possible theme parks for Shanghai Disneyland.

The long-term plans for the Shanghai Disney Resort will see three theme parks constructed in total, according to city officials. Options under consideration for the two additional parks include versions of Walt Disney World's Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Epcot's "World's Fair"-style theme may be seen as a good fit with the Chinese market following the success of World Expo 2010, held in Shanghai.

DUPLICATE EPCOT AND ANIMAL KINGDOM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek:

luv

If it makes money, they'll build more parks.

Having seen pics of the place, I'd love to go, especially for Halloween! Wish WDW would get as decked out as they do.

RSoxNo1

Yes this was part of the original "selling point" for Shanghai. I was excited just because Epcot and Animal Kingdom fail to see additions largely because the content can't be duplicated because many of the themed areas don't exist in other parks around the world.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
As much as i would love to see it happen as a new Epcot would show just how poor WDW's future world has become but some how i dont think we will ever see another Epcot!

As far as AK i highly doubt we will ever see a park of AK's scale built again!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I think that the powers to be in Shanghai where so exited about the success of the Worlds Fair, that the next Disney park will be an EPCOT World Showcase. I would not be surprised if the plans for this have started or will start as soon as Disneyland Shanghai opens in 2015. It seems to be something the Chinese people would be want to do, visit other counties that they would never have the change to see.

montyz81

Don't wait for it. WESTcot and EPCOT Paris were planned too.

Westcot was the closest (has its own wiki page) I think it eventually turned into California Adventure. The change to that I believe is what sucked the budget out of Epcot leaving us with the Eisnerized versions of Imagination, Mission Space (Horizons) WoM, and The Seas. The results of which took out 50% of the AA population in epcot.

Sorry, didn't mean to take us off topic.

If they build an Epcot in China, perhaps the orignal Epcot Center could be rebuilt but with a modern update. Horizons coming back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom