Dumb Questions, I Know...

NelleBelle

And speaking from first hand experience...I forgot to print one of the documents and sign it. DCL just printed it and had me sign it there at the desk. It took a few extra minutes but it certainly lowered my stress level which was at a 9 when I couldn't find that document (this happened on our very first cruise, naturally)!

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
And speaking from first hand experience...I forgot to print one of the documents and sign it. DCL just printed it and had me sign it there at the desk. It took a few extra minutes but it certainly lowered my stress level which was at a 9 when I couldn't find that document (this happened on our very first cruise, naturally)!
Do you know which form it is you have to print off and sign? I looked at all of our pre-sail stuff and I dont recall seeing anything you have to print and sign.

NelleBelle

Do you know which form it is you have to print off and sign? I looked at all of our pre-sail stuff and I dont recall seeing anything you have to print and sign.
Can't recall off-hand, especially since they've started doing online check-in, they've minimized the paperwork. I think it's one of the last forms you sign, but it will definitely tell you to print and sign and bring it with you. Then when you get to the port, they have you fill out a health questionnaire attesting to everyone's current health.

MaryJaneP

Not sure we exactly remember what was needed but seem to recall printing out quite a bit and signing some forms that we ended up bringing with us to registration. Will see if we kept download and/or a duplicate copy of forms. Ours, of course, would not be current and things may have changed, so take more recent advice seriously. Do not hesitate to call DCL directly. Go over with them what you are bringing form for form and make sure that you have everything they expect.

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Found the form I needed. I did a live chat with DCL and they told me where to find it. You have the option to print your cruise contract (not required to take with you) and the Port Arrival Form (which you do need to take with you). Thankful for this forum because I would have had no idea that I needed to print that off. When I initially completed online check in, I did it on my phone (it was also late at night) so I must have just missed the message that says to print port arrival form.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Phonedave

Thanks Mom Of Princess Grace for asking. We are cruising on Disney for first time end of April. I have been on other cruises so generally know how it works but all this is great.
We are driving from MCO airport to Hertz. I think I read somewhere that Hertz by the port has a shuttle to the port. You may want to check and use that instead of Uber/Lyft. Athough if I have to wait around forever for shuttle I will be doing the same- Uber/Lyft.
Enjoy your cruise- I know we can't wait!

I believe that all of the rental car companies have a shuttle. I can't remember which one I used, but they were running two shuttles. It's only about 15 minutes from most of the rental companies to the port, so there really is not much of a wait. We were at the port about 40 minutes from the time we drove onto the rental lot to return the car. Maybe 15 minutes to return the car, 10 minutes to wait for the shuttle and 15 minute shuttle ride.

-dave

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We usually don't want to wait for a shuttle so we call Uber. That also assists us in avoiding having to go to the other cruise ports that they may drop guests off at first.

NelleBelle

Word to the wise--call and see how many ships are in port that day. The very first cruise took out of Port Canaveral we rented a car. Little did we know there were 3 other ships that had just debarked and it was a complete mad house at the car rental place. We waited for over an hour before we could push our way ahead of a line that was waiting to check in for car rents. We just wanted to get on the shuttle that was going to DCL. Coming back, they tried to rent us a 15-pgr van because they had no minivans that had returned yet. Will never rent again from the Port--last time took the Disney transport to MCO and rented from there. Would recommend Uber/town car service.

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Don't want to start another thread, so I figured I would ask here. About how much cash will be need to bring with us for tips and such. I know that we will tip the luggage handlers, but outside of standard gratuities that are being charged, how much cash should we have on hand?

EOD K9

Don't want to start another thread, so I figured I would ask here. About how much cash will be need to bring with us for tips and such. I know that we will tip the luggage handlers, but outside of standard gratuities that are being charged, how much cash should we have on hand?
I brought about 50 but didn’t need that much.

NelleBelle

You might have some on hand to tip taxi drivers in case you go off on your own at any ports. Or if you decide to order room service, having some cash to tip is good also.

PaulaT

Great! I am definitely looking forward to not having to wake up at the break of dawn to rope drop, or stay up until midnight trying to book ADR's. Hoping this will be the first of many Disney cruises.
It will be. My family did WDW 30 Times before our first cruise and now I don’t want to do anything else. So much more relaxing 😎. And hubby and I can do our thing while teens do theirs and then family time together. No rushing around. And the service is amazing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom