Duffy meet and greet in Walt Disney World's Epcot will end October 3rd this fall

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Why do I get the feeling that alot of Japanese tourists that are huge Duffy fans will be leaving alot of complaints when they realized that Duffy no longer does meet and greets at Disneyland and WDW. They will pretty much stick to Tokyo Disney Resort after this.
You honestly think they came all the way to the U.S. just to see Duffy? He's been here what, 4 year years?

Cmdr_Crimson

Why do I get the feeling that alot of Japanese tourists that are mostly familiar to Tokyo Disney Resort will be leaving alot of complaints to the WDW cast members about why they stopped the Duffy meet and greets. They will pretty much stick to Tokyo Disney Resort after that.
anigif_original-grid-image-22402-1380031396-15.gif

brb1006

Original Poster
The the line for Duffy during his final meet and greet was pretty packed. This is brought up for today's MouseSteps Weekly episode from 11:18 - 14:10

rosewein59

The the line for Duffy during his final meet and greet was pretty packed. This is brought up for today's MouseSteps Weekly episode from 11:18 - 14:10

I was there right up to the last meet and greet. I am convinced he is moving to Disney Springs as a relaunch. ShellyMae's book showed up in Epcot stores over the weekend and now reports of her plush doll hits the US last weekend at Disneyland and Europe at Paris. When I held up ShellyMae's book to a CM there at the meet and greet she threw up her hands and said no comment. Duffy may be leaving Epcot but it sounds like its temporary. I hope Daisy Duck doesn't get comfortable in that spot.

Jon81uk

I was there right up to the last meet and greet. I am convinced he is moving to Disney Springs as a relaunch. ShellyMae's book showed up in Epcot stores over the weekend and now reports of her plush doll hits the US last weekend at Disneyland and Europe at Paris. When I held up ShellyMae's book to a CM there at the meet and greet she threw up her hands and said no comment. Duffy may be leaving Epcot but it sounds like its temporary. I hope Daisy Duck doesn't get comfortable in that spot.

Actually a Duffy store at Disney Springs Marketplace would make sense, it could have a small meet & great and a whole store of Duffys and outfits.

French Quarter

Actually a Duffy store at Disney Springs Marketplace would make sense, it could have a small meet & great and a whole store of Duffys and outfits.

It would make sense to bring him back to DS's for sure, since it was Once Upon a Toy that birthed the Disney Bear into being in the first place. I do hope he becomes a sort of mascot for that area.

French Quarter

I am out of the loop. Who is ShellyMae and what is her book and plush doll? And what does she have to do with Daisy Duck?

build_it

It would get my family there for sure. And I'm sure we're not the only ones that would make DS a stop if this comes true.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sorry...I meant to ask @rosewein59. She had said that Daisy shouldn't get too comfortable and I thought made a connection to Girl Duffy. So I was asking if she was meaning that Girl Duffy was going to replace Daisy at the M&G.

Still...No...Daisy was at the Front gate area by SSE doing M&G's and then they removed her and then Brought her back to Epcot on the WS side...I'm pretty sure there is no more plans to see Duffy or any of his other companions except in Tokyo...

French Quarter

Still...No...Daisy was at the Front gate area by SSE doing M&G's and then they removed her and then Brought her back to Epcot on the WS side...I'm pretty sure there is no more plans to see Duffy or any of his other companions except in Tokyo...

I have heard what you are saying. But I was actually just trying to clarify what @rosewein59 meant.

brb1006

Original Poster
I am out of the loop. Who is ShellyMae and what is her book and plush doll? And what does she have to do with Daisy Duck?
ShellyMae is Duffy's girlfriend. She's been at Tokyo Disney Resort for years now. She has nothing to do with Daisy, but the book featuring her and Duffy came out weeks before Duffy quite meet and greets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom