Dueling Dragons Transformation

CaptainMichael

Yeah, I agree with both of this. However, I'm not happy about it as I don't like Harry Potter, so I absolutely dislike this move by Universal. My sister and my mother are very excited for it, however.

Well, it isn't as if Merlin Woods and Hogsmeade aren't complimentary. It's mainly the same idea, just different execution. The only attraction that will be completely in your face HP is Forbidden Journey, and I think everyone will be able to appreciate the new, revolutionary ride experience.

I think even non-fans will be able to appreciate the new island, but that's just me.

deltableh

Honestly, I never knew it was actually called Merlin's Woods. I knew Merlin had a tree, and you could eat good food inside of it, but I just assumed it was part of The Lost Continent.

And I really don't know if I'm going to every like the fact that Harry Potter is part of the Islands of Adventure. I was rather hoping they would build an entire park devoted to Harry Potter so I could avoid it. And then when I heard that it was not that way, I was just hoping they wouldn't mess with the parts I really, really like.

I hope they leave the jewelry press there. I always liked that bloke and that stand.

EvanAnderson

Yeah Lost Continent was divided into three sections. Walking from Suess Landing, it started as Atlantis, with Poseidon and Mythos (on the walkway, there are small colored seashells). Sinbad and the games area was the Sinbad Village (I think, I'm not too sure), then Dragons, Unicorn and Enchanted Oak was Merlinwood.

Courtney1188

Very random question that I fear I already know the answer to...

The talking fountain. Hopefully someone knows what I'm referring to by that. I believe it's in the area being taken over by HP but I'm not 100%. I always got a kick out of talking to it and watching it spray and interact with all the kids.

Am I right about the area it's in? I'm assuming that means it will be gone =(

lilclerk

The talking fountain. Hopefully someone knows what I'm referring to by that. I believe it's in the area being taken over by HP but I'm not 100%. I always got a kick out of talking to it and watching it spray and interact with all the kids.

Isn't that outside the Sinbad show? I saw it in December, I may be wrong but I don't think it was in an area that was going to be affected by HP.

Matpez

Still there, nothing to worry about. Sometimes it's even yelling at people trying to take photos over construction walls. :D

BigThunderMatt

I honestly think it's not a huge deal. The color of a Norwegian Ridgeback is debatable and was not a key factor in any part of the story. I'm pretty sure most Harry Potter fans are going to accept whatever color Universal gives them for the former ice dragon as long as they refer to it as a Norwegian Ridgeback.

By the by, it's pretty cold in Norway most of the time, so I think a blue dragon from that region is a perfectly acceptable premise.

a2grafix

They should have closed it sooner.

During my December visit a cast member said the ride would shut down after the holiday season, in early January.

If the coaster was shut down in early January, does that give the staff enough time to refit and re-paint the coasters?

BigThunderMatt

During my December visit a cast member said the ride would shut down after the holiday season, in early January.

If the coaster was shut down in early January, does that give the staff enough time to refit and re-paint the coasters?

If they were repainting them they likely would have only repainted blue side a different color, red would have likely been the same. That being said, two coaster tracks with non-identical layouts and multiple inversions in an area where some of the elements are already fairly high off the ground would take a considerable amount of time.

It's clear they're at least refitting the trains, I think people would notice that a lot more than the color of the track.

JT3000

I honestly think it's not a huge deal. The color of a Norwegian Ridgeback is debatable and was not a key factor in any part of the story. I'm pretty sure most Harry Potter fans are going to accept whatever color Universal gives them for the former ice dragon as long as they refer to it as a Norwegian Ridgeback.

By the by, it's pretty cold in Norway most of the time, so I think a blue dragon from that region is a perfectly acceptable premise.

It's the Horntail and Fireball.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom