DTD Port Orleans Riverside

bow0303

Original Poster
Thanks all. I am excited as we have found something new to do on our 1st day there. We've been to downtown Disney many times but don't think that we've ever seen where the boats come in. Where we go to catch that boat?

BigTxEars

Thanks all. I am excited as we have found something new to do on our 1st day there. We've been to downtown Disney many times but don't think that we've ever seen where the boats come in. Where we go to catch that boat?

I think there are 3 but maybe it's two stops along the water at DTD, with construction it might be different. At POR it's right by the water tower, easy to find. At FQ it's really close to the pool.

Rob562

I think there are 3 but maybe it's two stops along the water at DTD, with construction it might be different. At POR it's right by the water tower, easy to find. At FQ it's really close to the pool.

The Marketplace dock is currently closed due to the construction. (It used to be between Rainforest Cafe and Cap'n Jack's)

There's a dock next to Paradiso 37 on Pleasure Island, and one just beyond House of Blues on the West Side. I'm not sure how they've shuffled the stops around, but typically the DVC (OKW, SSR) boats go to one dock, and the Port Orleans boats go to the other.

-Rob

WDWF

Plus, don't forget there is also the Buses which run to DTD. These stop at DTD first then continue to Typhoon Lagoon. That means is great if you want an air conditioned ride back to the Riverside, because from DTD the bus gets empty!.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It is a lovely, relaxing float down the river. It is much quicker than the bus given the bus stops at FQ, POR, DTD, Pleasure/West Side and Typhoon Lagoon (during those hours water park is open)

Here is a picture from a few weeks ago from my 3rd Floor room.

IMG_0241.jpg

The dock at Pleasure Island isn't really much of a walk back to MarketPlace area of DTD. About the same as the walk from the bus terminal area.

BigTxEars

It is a lovely, relaxing float down the river. It is much quicker than the bus given the bus stops at FQ, POR, DTD, Pleasure/West Side and Typhoon Lagoon (during those hours water park is open)

Here is a picture from a few weeks ago from my 3rd Floor room.

IMG_0241.jpg

The dock at Pleasure Island isn't really much of a walk back to MarketPlace area of DTD. About the same as the walk from the bus terminal area.

Man I POR :)

How long is this ride on average? I'm considering going the first night. Plane lands at 6pm... figured we'd run out there around 7:30pm-8pm and just chill for an hour or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom