DTD California

Mrs Potts

Original Poster
We're planning our first family Disneyland trip for early next year (we've been to WDW many times, but this will be our first trip out West). The kids were asking if there was a Goofy's Candy Company in the DTD area out there. I didn't see one online, so I'm assuming the answer is no. But I was wondering if there might be plans to add one, since the one at WDW seems to be very successful. Can anyone here provide some insight?

TP2000

Disneyland's DTD has Marceline's Confectionery instead. It has much of the same merchandise.

2469799458_809f748c44.jpg

cmwade77

No, unlike Disney World, our Downtown Disney pretty much only has non-Disney owned shops (aside from World of Disney). Please note that Marceline's is not owned byDisney, so the taste may vary from Goofy's Candy Company.

TP2000

No, unlike Disney World, our Downtown Disney pretty much only has non-Disney owned shops (aside from World of Disney). Please note that Marceline's is not owned byDisney, so the taste may vary from Goofy's Candy Company.

Marceline's Confectionery is actually owned and operated by Disney, with Cast Members wearing nametags and everything. :D Disney Parks Blog often visits Marceline's, here's a Disney Parks Blog video on how to make Minnie Mouse Candy Apples at Marceline's... http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...use-candy-apples-at-marcelines-confectionary/

Downtown Disney Anaheim also has Vault 28, owned and operated by Disney.
Vault28_100806_AVP.jpg

D Street is another DTD Anaheim shop owned and operated by Disney.
dstreet2.jpg

And Disney 365 is also owned and operated by Disney.
Studio-Disney-365.jpg

Most everything else at Downtown Disney, however, are non-Disney shops and restaurants.

nemofinder22

Just an IMO but Marceline's Confectionery(DTD)/Candy Palace(DL) blow Goofy's Candy Company(DTD)/Main Street Confectionery(MK) way out of the water!

TP2000

Just an IMO but Marceline's Confectionery(DTD)/Candy Palace(DL) blow Goofy's Candy Company(DTD)/Main Street Confectionery(MK) way out of the water!

I was trying to be polite and just let Mrs. Potts discover that for herself. :lol:

But now that you've blown it out of the water.... it's true.

Most retail experiences at Disneyland and Anaheim's Downtown Disney are superior to the Florida versions. Florida shops tend to be overbearingly corporate and bland and dumbed down just a tad, while the Disneyland versions have an element of style and sophistication (plus a few ticks further along the trend curve) that is generally lacking in CorporateWorld out there in Florida. :lookaroun

Mrs Potts

Original Poster
Wow, thanks for all the info! We'll have to check this out and see for ourselves just how much better Marceline's is ;) The last time we went to WDW, the kids didn't get a chance to make their own treats at Goofy's, and they were wondering if there was a place to do that at DL. Do they offer this option at Marceline's? Either way, I'm sure we'll go there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom