Drum Corps International marching performances at Disney Springs this weekend (July 9)

RunnerEd

Very cool. I hope the kids get some time to play in the parks. DCI tour is tough and that would be some perfect down time for them.

scpergj

We're going to head down from Jacksonville to see the corps - my kids are both woodwind players and don't want to march DCI, but to enjoy watching the corps. I did some percussion with Suncoast Sound back in the 80's (even though I'm also a woodwind player).

AndyS2992

Didn't these bands used to march through Magic Kingdom before the parade? Having it in Disney Springs seems unusual to me, though I guess it doesn't require park tickets to view for the families.

Bolt

Didn't these bands used to march through Magic Kingdom before the parade? Having it in Disney Springs seems unusual to me, though I guess it doesn't require park tickets to view for the families.
Bands still march at MK almost daily. Typically 3 march before Festival of Fantasy at 2:30pm.

mousehockey37

I wish Future Corps was still at Epcot.

YAAAAS!!!

To all others... This is my drum corps nut coming out: These are not bands, they are corps. Those who have been in the activity should know what I mean by that.

Now... to find a way to get the Kidsgrove Scouts to get to the UK pavilion when they come to the states at the end of the summer for DCA Championships. They'll be here for a couple weeks. LOL.

mousehockey37

This.

I knew quite a few of them from college music and DCI. There are still videos on YouTube of them - and they are just as amazing to watch today as back then.

And some of them now make up the Main St. Philharmonic... and the jammitors...

They're like the supers... still around... among everyday people.... lol...

Fun enough, there's All-Age corps in the area down there for those interested.

WildcatDen

We (our HS Band) host the DCI event in Cincinnati. It was awesome. Planning to go to Nashville in late July. Great lineup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom