Drug Testing

JustYourVoice

Original Poster
I'm sure this will sound horribly inappropriate, but I'm just curous. Does Disney drug test any of its employees? I would hope they do...at least the attraction operators.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
No drug testing without probable cause. If you've been toking, you're safe... just don't get anyone hurt.

figmentmom

Disney does do substance abuse testing when they have probable cause and also randomly.

Really? I've worked there for the past three summers (seasonally), and I am surprised to hear about random drug testing. I wouldn't blame them if they had probable cause, but random is quite different.

mkt

Premium Member
Really? I've worked there for the past three summers (seasonally), and I am surprised to hear about random drug testing. I wouldn't blame them if they had probable cause, but random is quite different.
I heard about the random, but I never actually knew of anyone that got picked in my 5 years working there. It's probably more a cover-your-______ line

echoscot

The services trades contract allows for random screening, but probable cause has to be witnessed by more than one person.

The random screenings apply to specific jobs that involve heavy machinery and equipment operation, etc.

No drug testing without probable cause. If you've been toking, you're safe... just don't get anyone hurt.

MKT you are not quite right there. All of the incoming Bus driver get Drug Tested before they are even hired. The Bus drivers also have abour 10 each day get randomly tested. This is a Disney thing not a D.O.T. thing.

mkt

Premium Member
MKT you are not quite right there. All of the incoming Bus driver get Drug Tested before they are even hired. The Bus drivers also have abour 10 each day get randomly tested. This is a Disney thing not a D.O.T. thing.

20 months later... but, really? So why does the USDOT list it as such?

is this still true? do they still not drug test?

As far as I know they are still not drug testing. Or hiring... for anything other than entry level hourly.

elisatonks

Disney does do random drug tests, my father in law has had them numerous times since he started working for them over a decade ago. (he works maintenance, and he mentioned a co worker being pulled for one recently.) I think however they only test in certain areas were safety is really important, such as drivers, maintenance and emergancy crews.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Most companies reserve the right to drug test randomly without cause. You would have to read over all that material you signed on your first day that you barely had time to skim over to find it though.

Just because they can, doesn't mean that they do.

Tinkrbell

I know cps that would show up to work high almost every day, smoke on the balcony of their apartment & have security at the apt complex see them & have nothing happen to them.

mkt

Premium Member
With open drug use... YMMV. You may get away with it, you may not. It's a risk you take.

With private drug use... well, the risk of getting caught is significantly lower.

SinginSarah

Or have security deal it to them...

Uh yeah, I heard about security busting a party but not reporting it because some of the guards had sold the kids weed and one of the security guards was sleeping with one of the CPs. Funny how nobody brings this up to Housing Operations....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom