Dress Attire for Dinner

SNOWQUEEN

Original Poster
Does anyone know if they changed the attire at Citrico's or the California Grill? DH made some PS's and was told that the attire is businees casual but men were required to wear a jacket and no sneakers, shorts or sandals are permitted. We are going in July and understand the no bathing suit aspect but a jacket in July ? :rolleyes: No shorts come on it's 95 degrees in July. I do believe in khaki shorts and a button up/polo or a sundress with cute sandles but no shorts no sneakers???

Has anyone dined at these establishments without the TUX??? Does anyone know the reasonable median between the Prom Gown and the Gym Shorts ???

tigsmom

Its business casual for jusat about all of the more upscale restaurants now...
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"guests are asked to dress in "smart casual" clothing. This means shirts with collars (polo shirts are acceptable), dress shorts or khakis for men and dress shorts, pants or skirts for women."
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"No hats, swim suits, swim suit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing or flip-flops. You can wear - dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses, sweaters, pants. Restaurants now requiring Business Casual include: Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge), California Grill (Contemporary), Citricos and Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Flying Fish (Boardwalk), and Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)."[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](from allearsnet)

When we dined at the Yachtsman we were told no flip flop style sandles, yet that is all we had, but they were leather and rather expensive...think they mean more of the rubber/shower type. We also saw people (who were guest of the YC) come in from the park in sweaty shorts & tees (said they were not notified of the dress code) and they were seated way in the back, away from everyone and ( it seemed to me anyway) rushed thru their meal.
[/FONT]

RonAnnArbor

You should always wear at least business casual at the upscale restaurants. A good rule of thumb is - if the restaurant is not on the dining plan, then you should not be wearing t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, beach style flip flops, etc. As to the jacket for men, it is not required anywhere except for Victoria and Alberts, although it is appropriate to wear one at any of the upscale restaurants.

jdvm

I think these are rules they have in case they need them. I don't wear anything but flip flops (except for weddings and funerals) and on't wear a jacket unless it's cold and have never had a problem. Just look tidy and not scruffy and you'll be fine in my view

tigsmom

jdvm said:
I think these are rules they have in case they need them. I don't wear anything but flip flops (except for weddings and funerals) and on't wear a jacket unless it's cold and have never had a problem. Just look tidy and not scruffy and you'll be fine in my view

They were speaking to people who were not properly attired this past August, those that were unable to change were made to wait and then sat waaaay in the back and rushed thru their meals. We were there almost 2 hours. (Yachtsman Steakhouse).

A suit jacket is a must at V&A and IMHO its not too much to ask that somebody put on a pair of shoes in a nice restaurant. To each his own :wave:

DiPSU224

We have PS for both the Cali Grill and Citricos for our upcoming trip but I was not told about the jacket required for men. We've dined at Cali numerous times and my fiance has been ok with a nice polo shirt and khakis and me in capris with a cute top and fancy sandals. I brought back-up dress shoes though and put them in my bag just in case they didn't like my sandals. I think you should be ok as long as you're not in rubber pool-style flip flops.

jdvm

I think you'll find that Victoria & Albert's is the only place that requires a jacket for men. And, yes there are very nice, non-pool type flip flops for men. My wife picked them out and they are leather and go well with dress trousers and long sleeved button down collar shirt. Promise

tigsmom

Jackets are only required in V&A, business casual in all others.

I too enjoy getting a little dressed up for dinner in the nicer restaurants. :wave:

RonAnnArbor

I just ate at the California Grill last week and a jacket is NOT required. V & A is the only restaurant that requires a jacket. A polo or sports shirt and khakis are always appropriate for men.

lawyergirl77

Just to echo that a jacket is not required at Artist Point, either...

... oh and that I showed up wearing a peasant skirt, tank top and beaded flipflops and that I got a compliment on my outfit from the person seating me! :lol: :wave:

hansel1

I consider myself a good dresser, as I need to for work and social occasions. Reading this post has me wondering about other restaurants.

Is it fair to guess that if the restaurants are on the disney dining plan the attire is casual (shorts, t-shirts, etc.)? We normally wear khaki shorts with a t or polo type shirt. We don't wear sandals, mostly tennis shoes.

What restaurants on the dining plan should we change for? Button-down shirt, Khaki pants, and dress shoes.

shoppingnut

Other than V&A's, over the years I've noted that the Citricos restaurant always seemed to have people dressing a bit more than any other restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom