Dreams Do Come True in New Orleans WDW 2.2012 Relocation Prep

We just returned from a very magical life changing trip to Walt Disney World. The purpose of this trip was for me and my husband, Jason, to find a house to rent because we are moving to Orlando in April 2012! This trip report will be a bit different because we spent a lot of time off property and didn't end up doing too much in the parks. We met with a lot of new friends and found the house of our dreams!

The Cast:

My husband, Jason, and I married at Walt Disney World in September 2011. We have been planning our relocation to Florida since our trip during Star Wars Weekends 2011.

PH257290911-0124-0115.jpg

My Mom, Patricia, came along for the ride. She's retired so she was there to PARTAAAAAAAYYYY!

Wedding-0255.jpg

When & Where:
February 25 - 29, 2012

Port Orleans French Quarter

Intro:
How do you go from getting engaged on Peter Pan's Flight in 2010 to getting married at Disney World in 2011 and then moving to Orlando just a few months later in 2012? We were able to do this so quickly for 2 reasons:

1. I work from home so that enables us to live anywhere

2. We have no children (yet...)

Working from home is what I have always wanted to do and I finally found the perfect job in February 2011. Jason and I made the decision to move to Orlando in June 2011. We were pretty busy planning our wedding but we found time to talk about what we needed to do right after the wedding for our relocation to Florida. I googled "relocation orlando disney" and came across TheRelocatedTourist.com. It featured the story of the Petermann family and their adventures in relocation to Florida. I was a fan right from the first article I read. I sent Amy (co-creator and head writer) some fan mail shortly before we left for our wedding and honeymoon. She responded and was so sweet! We met in person for the first time at the WDW Radio Meet on the 40th Anniversary 10.1.2011. I never expected the wonderful friendship that would follow. We became even closer when I began participating in her Relocate the Weight and Relocate the Worry groups on Facebook as well as her weekly chats. She became very invested in our relocation and agreed to meet with us not once, but twice during this trip to discuss everything.

We had a full dance card for this trip, we also had plans to meet up with some friends and of course our__Realtor, Amy Reed. Since we spent so much time off property, we rented a car from Alamo at the Walt Disney World Car Care Center. This trip was completely different from any other trip and we cannot wait to finally relocate in April 2012!

This trip report is also posted on my blog, DisneyManners.com along with all my previous trip reports. Check it out!

Vernonpush

Finally, we turned into our new neighborhood!! I just LOVE this little rock waterfall at the entrance and all the palm trees :) It was SUCH an incredibly beautiful Florida day!

f51dd143.jpg

We had made it. Safe and sound with 2 kittens, it was a rather uneventful trip and I was glad for that. In total, it took us a little over 16 hours. We had finally arrived at our dream home!

04a114dc.jpg

Our house is still rather empty right now so I haven't taken many interior photos yet. We bought a new bedroom set and office furniture but we still need a kitchen table, sofa, coffee table, etc. Right now we have an air mattress in our living room and some folding chairs, it's pretty ghetto!! Stay tuned for more photos of the new house plus stories from our first few weeks as Florida residents in Part 2 of this series.

I am truly blessed to have these experiences and I really do appreciate all the good things in life because I have been way down on my luck in the past. This is most definitely gonna be a good life!

I think that we were looking at the house you bought on Zillow.com (or one near yours). The pool looks familliar.
We are about to move down to the Orlando area. And the Four Corners area is a good location. We have friends that live in that area (who we are staying with while we look for a house). Who knows maybe we will run into each other at the Publix, LOL.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I think that we were looking at the house you bought on Zillow.com (or one near yours). The pool looks familliar.
We are about to move down to the Orlando area. And the Four Corners area is a good location. We have friends that live in that area (who we are staying with while we look for a house). Who knows maybe we will run into each other at the Publix, LOL.

Congratulations on your move! We absolutely LOVE it here. People are so nice and polite, it's much more our speed :) I'm sure we will see each other at Publix, we're there about 5 times a week! It's funny now that I'm a local I have totally started rolling my eyes at all the tourists. We went shopping at the Target on 192 last week and it was tourist city! We're going to stick to shopping in Four Corners from now on, the stores are really nice there. I can't tell you how many cashiers and random strangers have listened to our story and welcomed us to FL! You will love it here :sohappy:

ILDisneyFan

I want to see pictures of the kitties all settled in to their new home! They're so cute! I just want to :kiss: them on their little heads! I bet they're loving all of the new little "snacks" they come across! LOL!

foreverbelle

Funny I was just thinking about you the other day sitting here wondering if you had made it down ok...and I jump on here this evening to find this!

I am so glad you all made it down there safe and sound, and are adjusting. I think I would have burst into tears if that was my welcome as well!!!

wana.b.princess

We just returned from a very magical life changing trip to Walt Disney World. The purpose of this trip was for me and my husband, Jason, to find a house to rent because we are moving to Orlando in April 2012! This trip report will be a bit different because we spent a lot of time off property and didn't end up doing too much in the parks. We met with a lot of new friends and found the house of our dreams!

The Cast:

My husband, Jason, and I married at Walt Disney World in September 2011. We have been planning our relocation to Florida since our trip during Star Wars Weekends 2011.

PH257290911-0124-0115.jpg

My Mom, Patricia, came along for the ride. She's retired so she was there to PARTAAAAAAAYYYY!

Wedding-0255.jpg

When & Where:
February 25 - 29, 2012

Port Orleans French Quarter

Intro:
How do you go from getting engaged on Peter Pan's Flight in 2010 to getting married at Disney World in 2011 and then moving to Orlando just a few months later in 2012? We were able to do this so quickly for 2 reasons:

1. I work from home so that enables us to live anywhere

2. We have no children (yet...)

Working from home is what I have always wanted to do and I finally found the perfect job in February 2011. Jason and I made the decision to move to Orlando in June 2011. We were pretty busy planning our wedding but we found time to talk about what we needed to do right after the wedding for our relocation to Florida. I googled "relocation orlando disney" and came across TheRelocatedTourist.com. It featured the story of the Petermann family and their adventures in relocation to Florida. I was a fan right from the first article I read. I sent Amy (co-creator and head writer) some fan mail shortly before we left for our wedding and honeymoon. She responded and was so sweet! We met in person for the first time at the WDW Radio Meet on the 40th Anniversary 10.1.2011. I never expected the wonderful friendship that would follow. We became even closer when I began participating in her Relocate the Weight and Relocate the Worry groups on Facebook as well as her weekly chats. She became very invested in our relocation and agreed to meet with us not once, but twice during this trip to discuss everything.

We had a full dance card for this trip, we also had plans to meet up with some friends and of course our__Realtor, Amy Reed. Since we spent so much time off property, we rented a car from Alamo at the Walt Disney World Car Care Center. This trip was completely different from any other trip and we cannot wait to finally relocate in April 2012!

This trip report is also posted on my blog, DisneyManners.com along with all my previous trip reports. Check it out!
I was wondering who you worked with from home? Ive always been interested in doing that but not sure where to begin! Thanks!

Blueskyze

So happy for you! I absolutely loved reading your wedding TR, and I was so excited for you when I read this. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I want to see pictures of the kitties all settled in to their new home! They're so cute! I just want to :kiss: them on their little heads! I bet they're loving all of the new little "snacks" they come across! LOL!

Aww thank you! Yes the kittens are doing very well here :) I can't find any pictures of Mim (she's too fast) but here's one of Merlin in his new playful spot on top of our fridge! He's up there sleeping right now!

63dec6bb.jpg

Funny I was just thinking about you the other day sitting here wondering if you had made it down ok...and I jump on here this evening to find this!

I am so glad you all made it down there safe and sound, and are adjusting. I think I would have burst into tears if that was my welcome as well!!!

That is funny! Life here has been way more hectic and I'm adjusting and trying to find time for my writing :) But yes, we are here safe and sound and we absolutely love it! I have many more adventures to write about, I just need to find time to do it!

I was wondering who you worked with from home? Ive always been interested in doing that but not sure where to begin! Thanks!

I am a web developer and courseware developer. Basically, I write training materials for web developers. But I know many people who work from home as travel agents, writers, podcasters, vloggers, web show hosts, etc. If you can dream it, you CAN do it!!!

So happy for you! I absolutely loved reading your wedding TR, and I was so excited for you when I read this. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more.

Thank you!! I can't believe we're getting very close to our 1 year wedding anniversary! It feels like just yesterday I was planning, stressing, and dreaming of my wedding day :) Hmm maybe I should start planning a vow renewal LOL.

ILDisneyFan

Glad to read that the kittens are doing well and you've gotten all settled in! Thanks for the picture! Love it!Can't wait to read more about your adventures! :)

steviej

So happy (and jealous) for/of you. Wish I could convince my disney gf to make the move, but she doesn't wanna leave her family! Hope Florida is a blast! Enjoy.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Glad to read that the kittens are doing well and you've gotten all settled in! Thanks for the picture! Love it!Can't wait to read more about your adventures! :)

Thank you! Many more adventures to come very soon including the ToT 10 miler - yes I am running this! And we are also going on a Disney cruise in November, it will be our very first cruise and we cannot wait!!!

So happy (and jealous) for/of you. Wish I could convince my disney gf to make the move, but she doesn't wanna leave her family! Hope Florida is a blast! Enjoy.

Aww thank you! We have been having a blast and it is very nice to be able to take it so slow in the parks. It's a much different experience! I just hope this hurricane season is a tame one...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom